Republican House Rep Pushes For More Drug Forfeiture

medicinejeff

I posted this in another thread but this Plymouth/Canton Jerk needs to be thrown under the bus!

Plymouth/Canton Rep's Drug Forfeiture Push

If you look at this link and read what this guy is all about it makes you wanna scream discrimination. These guys need to be voted OUT!

You can add Kurt Heise to the Nay List:

Sent him this letter on the 4th and have gotten nothing back:

Dear Rep, Heise

Please vote yes on HR2306, the "Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011". The federal government has much more important priorities and it could be using scarce resources, for which are still being used to continue a disintegrating prohibition against marijuana. As more states are passing initiatives for medical use by a large percentage of citizens, and more people believe in regulating its use, whether for medical or not, the federal government must discontinue its restrictive policies and allow states their sovereign right to pass and implement their own laws.

Sincerely,

This bill is more troubling than it appears on the surface. There's no doubt that allowing departments to allocate seizure funds for general purposes will result in increased task force activities and seizures. With violent crime at a 37-year low in Michigan, and because many departments are struggling with budget shortfalls, law enforcement officials are being creative and seeking revenue from any source.

But more troubling to me is the support this bill had in the House.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28cy2ytv45exbub4b50d0oisrn%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=BillStatus&objectname=2011-HB-4349

If my math is correct, 81 to 26 is a supermajority. If this bill can pass with that support, are Walsh's bills a serious threat? Blueberry has been telling us that the "fix-is-in" on that package of bills, and sadly it looks like his assessment is unfolding before our eyes.

This bill is more troubling than it appears on the surface. There's no doubt that allowing departments to allocate seizure funds for general purposes will result in increased task force activities and seizures. With violent crime at a 37-year low in Michigan, and because many departments are struggling with budget shortfalls, law enforcement officials are being creative and seeking revenue from any source.

Brad that was my thoughts as well. How can citizens stand by as municipalities receive a "List of stores to hit" and no accountability for actions taken upon law abiding patients and caregivers?

Archived