Mocc - Hazy Summer Day Social

I hope everyone is surviving the heat ok, remember to check on neighbors, friends, family and don't forget the pets!

We at the MOCC wanted to announce that we took in all the comments here and we hope we have come up with a workable compromise. We encourage everyone to belong to at least one compassion club however we will allow non CC members to attend the social. The price for non CC members will be $15. This includes everything, the food, the market, the ganja bingo. However, we will require you to have your actual state card (paper work not ok) and 2 forms of ID, say your drivers license and even a proof of car insurance or utility bill. One piece of ID needs to have a picture, the other id doesn't have to have a photo.

As far as vending at the market goes, we do limit the number of tables for vendors because of space confines. If after the first hour, there are still vending spaces open, non members will be allowed to vend for $50.

I am looking for RELIABLE volunteers to work the front table and to help with security. Our socials are typically 4 hours however since this one is on a weekend, its 5 hours, so we will break it down into 2 2.5 hour shifts. For the front table, I need people who can work with money. Security positions vary. If you volunteer, you receive free entry. If you are seriously interested in volunteering, please email me at sarcsucks@gmail.com

If anyone wants to bring a side salad dish or dessert to pass, thats always welcome! There is always lots of food and fun times, hope to see everyone Sunday the 31st!

I hope everyone is surviving the heat ok, remember to check on neighbors, friends, family and don't forget the pets!

We at the MOCC wanted to announce that we took in all the comments here and we hope we have come up with a workable compromise. We encourage everyone to belong to at least one compassion club however we will allow non CC members to attend the social. The price for non CC members will be $15. This includes everything, the food, the market, the ganja bingo. However, we will require you to have your actual state card (paper work not ok) and 2 forms of ID, say your drivers license and even a proof of car insurance or utility bill. One piece of ID needs to have a picture, the other id doesn't have to have a photo.

As far as vending at the market goes, we do limit the number of tables for vendors because of space confines. If after the first hour, there are still vending spaces open, non members will be allowed to vend for $50.

I am looking for RELIABLE volunteers to work the front table and to help with security. Our socials are typically 4 hours however since this one is on a weekend, its 5 hours, so we will break it down into 2 2.5 hour shifts. For the front table, I need people who can work with money. Security positions vary. If you volunteer, you receive free entry. If you are seriously interested in volunteering, please email me at sarcsucks@gmail.com

If anyone wants to bring a side salad dish or dessert to pass, thats always welcome! There is always lots of food and fun times, hope to see everyone Sunday the 31st!

I think thats very Fair and

Thank You for working this out :thumbsu:

It does cost money to run these events ...

and thats a compassionate gester to offer people free passes

if they can help out a little ...

I wish you guys the Best of Luck

and I will try to be there ...

Just depends how good i recover from Jackson ...

Purplehaze, yes, there will be a farmers market and there is usually a plethora of wonderful genetics, medicine and baked goods available to choose from.

Hope to see everyone Sunday!

Will it still be at the K of C on 12 mile in Roseville?

Its shaping up to be a great day Sunday! The club has purchased a second medication tent and we hope to have a portable ac unit to keep them cool!

Bring your horseshoes and Frisbee's if you like!

I made a brand new batch of Ganja! bingo cards!! :goodjob:

We have lots of yummy food....homemade chicken pot pie, mashed potato's and corn, Swedish and BBQ meatballs, cocktail type weenies, several side type salads, fresh bakery breads, donuts, cake, ice tea and whatever else we have time to cook up for you!

I was given a personal guarantee from Scott at the K of C that there would not be an issue with the hall rental. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see everyone!

Just a couple of quick questions.

My woman is not a patient but wants to come along. Is this ok, and how much will it cost if so?

I have wanted to join MOCC for awhile now, can I do so at the door? I have valid paperwork with proof of check cashed, certified mail ticket, and A current MI drivers license, no hard card yet though.

Thanks guys.

Just a couple of quick questions.

My woman is not a patient but wants to come along. Is this ok, and how much will it cost if so?

I have wanted to join MOCC for awhile now, can I do so at the door? I have valid paperwork with proof of check cashed, certified mail ticket, and A current MI drivers license, no hard card yet though.

Thanks guys.

Yes, Non-patients are allowed, but cannot use the medication tent or participate in the ganja! bingo. The cost for +1 is $15.

Yes, you can also join at the door. Bring your ID's and paperwork.

Take Care!

Curt :bong2::D

Yes, Non-patients are allowed, but cannot use the medication tent or participate in the ganja! bingo. The cost for +1 is $15.

Yes, you can also join at the door. Bring your ID's and paperwork.

Take Care!

Curt :bong2::D

Cooool. You guys are very close to me, (like 2 miles away) really happy to see A weekend event! :bong7bp::abe::bbq::camp::beerhat:

Cooool. You guys are very close to me, (like 2 miles away) really happy to see A weekend event! :bong7bp::abe::bbq::camp::beerhat:

Glad you're able to come this time. I think you'll enjoy it. :thumbsu:

Hopefully having it on a weekend will allow more people to come out and enjoy the festivities.

We even have a portable air conditioner to set up in the med tent today. :nurse:

Nobody said being a member sucks, but you would raise more money for your club allowing any card holders to enter, make vendors be a member of the club or something. I for one would attend however I'm not near Oakland or Macomb, so I wouldn't purchase a membership to attend one event. On the other hand, giving members something exclusive would be logical, I just don't see the logic in closing the doors to patients who are not members for even attendance. If you 10 patients visited who weren't a member, thats an extra $100 raised for the MOCC, now if those non member patients spend money within the event, thats more money, if its exclusive to members only you're basically recycling the money within the group not acquiring outside incomes to raise the groups funds.

The MOCC has events at least 4 times a year and they are always cool.

I had a fantastic time. Just a bunch of regular people helping the cause and having fun. At one point we were playing Bingo, and the person calling the numbers said something like: " I wish these politicians and law enforcement people that are so against us could see us right now,quietly playing bingo" MOCC should be very proud. I will do my best to make the next meeting.

Archived