My 90W Led Ufo Grow Conclusion

BennyMac

Ok I wanted to first off and say sorry for not going through with the whole journal like I started a few months ago. However I figured it was my responsibility to tell you all about my grow for those who did follow the grow journal that was started a little bit ago with the LED UFO.

VEG-The light is great for vegging and compared to other lights that I've seen in grow rooms such as Halide, T5's, and HPS I think that it gave those lights a run for their money if not better in a lot of cases. With a low low power bill to go on top of that I thought it was a winner. Very healthy plant had no problems except a calcium problem which was fixed right away with Cal-Mag nutrients. I had fungus gnats for a long time but that was controlled with strips and transplanting new soil. So those problems had nothing to do with the light.

FLOWER-Horrible Horrible Horrible. Once I flipped over to 12/12 the plant was looking not so healthy. It stunted the growth big time! It hardly grew anymore after the veg state. I honestly can't remember how long it took for it to flower all the way out where I just said F UCK it! and harvested the dang thing. It doesn't have the power the plant needed to bloom healthy and well.

SIDE FACTORS- This is my 1st solo grow ever. I did mess up the lighting cycle once in a while, but not enough where it should have done that kind of damage to the plant. At the very most I would have just got a hermied plant with my lighting cycles.

CONCLUSION- If you are using a LED for Vegging I would say bravo! I would get an LED that has more blue spectrums than red spectrums for the vegging process. If you are going to get one for flowering it would be opposite. I think this was my problem I had more Blue but not enough Red. I would also get a bigger LED than just the UFO because the UFO can only hold 1 maybe 2 plants to get it's full potential and worth out of it. I think this would be great for an undercover grow or closet grow because it generates no heat and doesn't jack electric up. I'm actually going to use this LED I have now for my cloning and keep it in the closet to condense the lighting into the closet. You can run these 24/7 and hardly notice a jump in electric.

Great for undercover grows, closet grows.

Crappy for real men grows

glad to see some truthful results. might have been easier on you if you'd have taken our advice in the beginning. by the time they get LED's to perform in a grow room we'll have even better options, like a plasma light that can light the entire space with one fixture. LED will never be anything but a novelty

glad to see some truthful results. might have been easier on you if you'd have taken our advice in the beginning. by the time they get LED's to perform in a grow room we'll have even better options, like a plasma light that can light the entire space with one fixture. LED will never be anything but a novelty

Agree'd, I will say I wouldn't mind seeing a side by side grow of 11 UFO's vs 1kw HPS lamp, that would be equal wattage and while I doubt the LED's will compete even at that scale, the novelty of it all would be quite amusing haha.

Agree'd, I will say I wouldn't mind seeing a side by side grow of 11 UFO's vs 1kw HPS lamp, that would be equal wattage and while I doubt the LED's will compete even at that scale, the novelty of it all would be quite amusing haha.

Very amusing and VERY expensive. Your research and report is valuable on here to everyone. I've known for a while that LEDS are a good "5 years away" from being acceptable subs for HID flower or veg. At $300+ a pop and no light penetration, LEDS are glamourized fluorescents haha.

The energy bill doesn't mean much as an argument either if the dang things cost as much as an air cooled 1000 watt set up only with 10% of the yield.

peace

Very amusing and VERY expensive. Your research and report is valuable on here to everyone. I've known for a while that LEDS are a good "5 years away" from being acceptable subs for HID flower or veg. At $300+ a pop and no light penetration, LEDS are glamourized fluorescents haha.

The energy bill doesn't mean much as an argument either if the dang things cost as much as an air cooled 1000 watt set up only with 10% of the yield.

peace

You're preaching to the choir, I yell at people who try methods outside of HID lamps on a regular basis haha.

Thx for posting some LED results. How close does the light have to be to the plants?

I put it close to the plant because I only had 1 going. You can put it darn near touching the plant if you want because their's no heat, I would say my light was usually around 6-9 inches away. I got it farther away the more it grew so I got more spread.

Archived