Medical Marijuana Store Gets Discovery Reality Show -- Exclusive

"Discovery Channel is set to announce a potentially controversial new series: A docu-soap reality show set in the country’s largest medical marijuana distributorship and starring a pot reform activist. This fall, the network will unveil Weed Wars, where cameras follow the day-to-day dealings of a California ganja store.

The show follows Steve DeAngelo, the owner of Oakland’s Harborside Health Center, which serves 80,000 clients. According to the network, DeAngelo strives to provide patients with the highest-quality product and uses his business to promote the national regulation and taxation of cannabis.......".

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/20/marijuana-discovery-weed-reality-show/

This is big !!!!!

Dr. Jinx

It will be especially interesting when they take a look at some REAL patients and how the MMJ has saved their lives or dramatically improved their quality of living....like a Iragi vet with PTSD who can finally work a solid job AND save his marriage.....or a teen with Asbergers who is able to live a better life...all due to MMJ.

this is the sort of TV material which will rapidly lead the US to legalization !!!!

Dr. Jinx

That is a trip!!! My wife about 1 1/2 ago said there would probably be reality tv about MMJ.

The crazy thing is she came up with that name "Weed Wars" I cant wait to tell her, LOL!!

Hopefully it is a much better program than that treehugger show "Whale Wars"

I hope they do show it as a good thing and not a bunch of people that don't really need it as medical. Even myself I don't look like I need it and I don't NEED it but it makes my life much better with less discomfort. It will be nice if they show some people that you can physically tell they get good results from the use of MM. I can't wait for the show :)

The BACC brought this place to my attention ( harborside ) . Hopefully they will do a good job it seems like the perfect example from what I have heard and seen . Maybe then people of Michigan that hate can put a face to this and a person . To think were seeing patients arrested for felony sales here in Michigan on these false card set ups that are just trying to help others and nobody who can put a stop to it cares .

The Farmers Market Model if accepted Statewide with PTP PTC CTP CTC transfers would create legal out of the alley supply for everyone like a working Act requires . Supply should only come from legal qualified individuals with cards because there the ones that will be discriminated against without opportunity for decades . ( as discussed at Wayne State MM Law Symposium ) Basically affirmative action for MM patients . The transactions should be non taxed other then a small fee to regulate the area . You have to keep individual identities private due to Federal and employment discrimination in the State . Patients that can afford to want to support patients that can provide for them . I haven't heard one voice that felt different though some would like to see their product tested for THC , CBD content as long as it is voluntary .

I will be watching and hopefully learning . I have changed my opinion on a lot of issues from being involved in practice over ideology . That includes many policies in the controlled substances act involving FDA medications that simply put to much burden on patients and pharmacists . Reminds me of when I left college after studying accounting . I started a lawn business . Created a General and subsidiary ledgers in all the proper categories for a traditional balance sheet , income statement etc . . Soon I was spending all my time keeping perfect records and little mowing . It just didn't work in practice . I finally settled on three shoe boxes . One with lists of people that owe me . 2 list of people I owed money and three receipts for end of year tax deductions .

Archived