Interpreting Drug Test Results

I have a client that was just hit with a probation violation for using (qualifying patient yes, but still contrary to judge's order). The test results were 160 ng/ml. I've run into a brick wall trying to interpret these results. Can anyone help me out with determining whether this is a significant amount and does the level say anything regarding when the last time he smoked was prior to test? My client claims approximately 20 days prior to this test. Hearing is Tuesday 07/26/11. Thanks for any help you can give.

I have a client that was just hit with a probation violation for using (qualifying patient yes, but still contrary to judge's order). The test results were 160 ng/ml. I've run into a brick wall trying to interpret these results. Can anyone help me out with determining whether this is a significant amount and does the level say anything regarding when the last time he smoked was prior to test? My client claims approximately 20 days prior to this test. Hearing is Tuesday 07/26/11. Thanks for any help you can give.

SOME information can be determined by the ratio of THC to metabolites.

You say 160 ng/ml. Of what? Was there ANY THC detected or was it all metabolites?

Silverblue, I've been lurking a bit, but I've been exceptionally busy trying to push through the cause in our courts so I haven't been commenting much. Unfortunately this usually means that someone has been busted that shouldn't have been, IMHO. Big case up in the Soo right now that, depending on the results of a hearing we're having on 08/01/11 and the prosecutors actions thereafter could be an important case. The charges are as baseless as I've ever seen, but apparently the powers that be want to push things. I will let you all know how it turns out, and get a little more specific after I have my client's okay to do so.

I've also been helping set up quite a few co-ops up here in the hinterlands of MI. Anything I can do to end the tyranny, right?

Hope all is well with you.

Peanut Butter, the test results I have say THC, but I called the lab and they indicate metabolites. Just that shows some shoddy work, if you ask me.

HH

Archived