Wilfull Blindness

I heard this term during the Rupert Murdoch hearings.

Wilful blindness is a legal term, cited in the trial of Enron's Skilling and Lay. It states that if there is knowledge that you could have had and should have had but chose not to have, you are still responsible.

I think this term applies in the fight over the MMMAct. We seem to try our best to educate the opposition but for some reason they really don't seem to hear.

Can you cite any examples of official 'wilfull blindness' in Michigan in trying to implement the MMMAct? In other words, which officials in Michigan are guilty of 'wilfull blindness' ?

Don't get me started on Enron Ken Lay was suppose to go to die in prison but on the eve of his having to report to federal prison he dies :rolleyes:

Shameful that president Bush used our country's intelligence community to help one of his biggest supporters go into witness protection after screwing all those hard working people who invested in enron. :notfair:

Wilful blindness is a legal term, cited in the trial of Enron's Skilling and Lay. It states that if there is knowledge that you could have had and should have had but chose not to have, you are still responsible.

If these guys at Enron were legally responsible, doesn't that mean that government and judicial officials in Michigan that consistently rule or vote against medical marijuana patients, could be held legally responsible (in civil court) for their discomfort? They are very clearly ignoring the many medical studies and other evidence which clearly indicates that marijuana can help the medical condition of patient/defendants?

These people chant the mantra of 'federal illegality' but they are 'wilfully blind' to the mountain of evidence.

Schuette has been wilfully blind to the positive evidence.

Archived