So How Long Are Recerts Taking These Days?

The state legally gets 20 days to process any application, new or renewal. The date stamped on a card is fixed, meaning it expires on the date shown, no grace period. Therefore folks gotta factor in that 20 day waiting period when they process their renewal application. In other words, if your current card expires 9-1-2011 you should have sent in your renewal application with fee payment more than 20 days prior to 9-1-2011. Also, for folks whose card already expired then they must send in a new application form, not a renewal, cuz once a card passes its expiration date the state considers you a new applicant.

I sent my recert in on May 18th and I can't remember the exact day it came but the letter is dated June 30th so about 6 weeks I guess. I this is more the normal for recerts

I sent in June first or atleast thats when it was delivered and still dont have mine . They cashed my check and no denial letter . I just have the paperwork sitting in my room ;-( This is my third one last year took 5 weeks . It is best to renew as early as you can in that window they allow for the Doctors visit . When you have been considered total and permanent disabled for over a decade it seems a little much though I can understand how healthy people don't see it for the hardship a sick or injured patient feels . You know there are people that cant' comply or afford to and that is why a medicinal defense recognition is so important . Its not patients fault whether some abuse it or not making enforcement of cannabis laws impractical . They always have been costly to enforce and overly punitive to offendors for the manafactured offense that has denied research on benefit . .

man it just don't make sense. It should be the same for everyone, nobody should have to wait months for a card. I was running on paper work for a couple weeks because I waited to renew till 30 days before my card expired. I did not have the money and ended up borrowing from Mom LOL 42 and still borrowing money :growl:

The state legally gets 20 days to process any application, new or renewal. The date stamped on a card is fixed, meaning it expires on the date shown, no grace period. Therefore folks gotta factor in that 20 day waiting period when they process their renewal application. In other words, if your current card expires 9-1-2011 you should have sent in your renewal application with fee payment more than 20 days prior to 9-1-2011. Also, for folks whose card already expired then they must send in a new application form, not a renewal, cuz once a card passes its expiration date the state considers you a new applicant.

My card expires 9-1-11 how early can i send my renewal in?? Thanks

Send it in as soon as you can. The clinic I go to suggested about 8 weeks early. The goal is to always have a valid hard card and not go back to paperwork if you can. I send mine in about 8 weeks early and have not had a problem.

My card expires 9-1-11 how early can i send my renewal in?? Thanks

"The renewal application form should be downloaded from our website at

www.michigan.gov/mmp approximately 60 days prior to the patient's registry ID card

expiration."

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdch/Medical_Marihuana_Renewal_Information_2-10_311724_7.pdf

8 weeks sounds like great advice.

Just an update from the www.michigan.gov/mmp website:

"Currently staff is issuing registry identification cards for valid applications received mid-February."

So, as of July 23, they are more than 5 months behind.

i have been waiting over a month for my renewal and i got my caregivers card 7/8, my patient got his card 7/7 and it was issued 3/25

"The renewal application form should be downloaded from our website at

www.michigan.gov/mmp approximately 60 days prior to the patient's registry ID card

expiration."

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdch/Medical_Marihuana_Renewal_Information_2-10_311724_7.pdf

8 weeks sounds like great advice.

recertification: my check was cashed 06/06/2011, still waiting. anyway i emailed MDCH. their reply, dated 06/19/2011 states "Currently staff is issuing cards for June expiration."

the following is the first i've heard of a grace period: "Your current registry ID card will continue to remain active until 60 days past the current expiration date. " i was unaware of this. how likely is it that LEO is aware of it?

as to payment method i side with those who say to use a personal check. hassle free! when i first applied i sent a usps mo. you pay a fee for that. then you're not permitted to even inquire for 60 days. and then you pay for the privilege of inquiring. pure BS!

My card expires 8-1. I sent in renewal application 4-28, which my check was cashed and my paperwork returned to me stating that "no one may apply for renewal prior to 60 days before expiration." I had to resend my paperwork back in 6-1 or later. I re-sent it back in 6-4, and still have not received my card. wtf?

I was very upset to see people saying they are getting theirs in two weeks ....mine took 4 last year . I called because a check in the mail also had also never arrived . The message said new cards from Jan and renewal's that expired in June were being filled . Mine expired in July and it is 57 days and no card . It appears its not when you send it in but when it expired is how they fill them . There message is too fast for the disabled and confusing . Scary how long they do this first that card is valuable to many without it there is no ability to travel as many departments are not accepting the paperwork inspite of clear language in the act to do so . There is also no ability to use a dispensary and or many caregivers do not help those with no card . This is a clearly subversive action by the State who has so many employees on the Federal Substance Abuse dole thus meet this citizens initiative with Resistance . The penalties alone show patients welfare and the legislature has done nothing to make sure technicalities do not end up as felonies people cannot afford to defend against and most patients can't afford $50 k for a solid defense . I heard one cannabis professional witness wants $5k per appearance . There is no doubt having paperwork only creates issues for patients that are exploited by State authorities and it weakens the ability of the program to have any regulatory effect . Whom is at fault but the State ? It comes to 320 a day . and even if everyone pays the reduced fee of $25 you still have 2 million and the power of the State behind the effort to getrdone . They simply don't care about patients..some of whose health issues could cause death under arrest and detention . Patients that do not need artificial stress from a State protesting the will of its' people on a matter already decided at the voting booth . All errors and behaviors should fall on the side of protecting patients interests . It is a afront to fairness were seeing these ridiculous intepretations of the act thrown at patients as well as the improper administration of the card process . How can people use the caregiver system without proper turnover times on registration and cards .

• 4 months later...

The reason I ask is because one of my patients cards took 135 days and my card expires on 9/1....should I get my recert done ASAP in anticipation for a 120 day wait??

any help, would, well, help

paperwork sent 8/20/11 card came 12/13/11

I just had my renewal returned because I sent it too early. They will only accept renewals within 60 days of your expiration. The letter states: "Renewal applications cannot be processed until 60 days prior to your current registry ID card expiration."

You can request a refund of your payment or they will hold it until you resubmit your application.

Archived