Question Of Legality

Sorry if I've written in the wrong place but I am new...I have an important question:

If I make one pound of cannabis butter does it equate to one pound of marijuana in possession? That is what I have been told but it does not seem possible since that much isn't used to make it. Help???

yep thats why i quit making butter,,i use 2 ounces to 1 lb of butter,,,so when i do 2 pounds of butter with a 1/4lb of mm it makes it go upto 2 lbs,,I make honey oil it makes 1/4 lb turn into a few grams of good bho!

Peace

FTW

Jim

yep thats why i quit making butter,,i use 2 ounces to 1 lb of butter,,,so when i do 2 pounds of butter with a 1/4lb of mm it makes it go upto 2 lbs,,I make honey oil it makes 1/4 lb turn into a few grams of good bho!

Peace

FTW

Jim

yep, same with simpson oil. 1/2 lb of bud turns into less than 1.5 oz of MMJ. simpson oil (RSO) is preactivated, bho still needs heat to activate.

If your going to put it into a food to cook and consume immediately, or to smoke/add to something to smoke or vaporize, BHO might be easier, but if you want to condense it straight, RSO is king :) No offense Jim, I just LOVE my RSO.

Little bit in a gel cap, and you are feeling good for hours. I got 12+ hours out of it before, great for sleeping.

Peace

FTW

Jim

Welcome back Jim

Haven’t been around much myself, Step Dad dieing of small cell cancer, Mom has Alzheimer’s

Hope to chat with you sometime.

Glad your back!

Dan

I wouldnt rely on the frozen thing either. I always freeze my girl scout cookies before eating. Im sure any lawyer would argue that they are perfectly ready to eat.

some very good info, I would have never thought the weight of the finished food item would count, you would think only the ammount of goodies inside would. looks like rice krispy treats are the way to go!

This is one of those points that could be argued until the cows come home, leave again, and then come back. The law states you can have 2.5 ounces of usable marijuana. Obviously, flour, sugar, vegetable oil, and chocolate chips are not marijuana. But on the other hand, it's not our interpretation ultimately that matters, it will be the judge/jury if this ever came to that point. I mean "usable marijuana" is a somewhat broad term. Can I harvest 6 pounds of marijuana and legally have it as long as it is not dry. It's not "usable," but it seems like that would be pushing your luck to the max. I'm with Dr. Bob on this one, keep your records tight. Weigh your matter before cooking and after cooking, the difference would be the amount of "marijuana" in the edibles. I honestly couldn't imagine that it would be a significant weight difference, so you could have an entire fridge full of medibles and only account for 2 ounces perhaps. But again, it's what LEO thinks that matters. They may be right or wrong, but it's your wallet and life. You can say :notfair: all you want behind bars or at the cashier of the court, but you are still screwed.

Play it safe and smart, and let the next guy figure it out for us in front of the judge.

THe law says dried usable Marihuana. So before it is dried, it is not usable. I mean when you cut a plant down, it is about 70% heavier than what it will dry to. Meaning, a normal 4 oz plant, when cut will actually weigh around 10 oz. If you were only allowed 2.5 oz of undried MMJ, you would end up harvesting just over 1/2 oz and throwing the rest of the plant away.

If it isn't dry, it isn't usable.

Weighing the food before and after isn't accurate, unless you capture all of the condenate and weight that too. And any oil that stays in the pan. The amount of MMJ that you put into cookies is probably less than the amount of water that evaporates when you cook it. Documentation is OK, but they can decide to not believe you, and there is no way to separate out the MMJ from the cookie to weigh it after.

We need a law that says MMJ edibles are counted differently. Like say 2 lbs of Edible Cannabis is allowed, considering 1 oz into a 1 lb brownie is a good amount.

The part of the law I would think cover anything other than smoking material is here in bold: "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof. Besides, What may be frozen is not frozen when the lawman leaves.

If you think the law always smells of logic, click this link. I think you will find that some things stinks.

http://marietta.patch.com/articles/link-to-raquel-nelsons-saga#youtube_video-7140784

Guest Happy Guy

I hear many things from patients that I don't hear from cops or detractors. I think this is of little importance and that noone will ever go after a patient with too many cookies. Dispensary or cg, maybe; patient no. I'm assuming no one has heard of a court case in MI involving medibles.

WLP

Court cases involving medibles; The only one I heard about was the dispensary owner that was on tape saying they would have to put the chemical smelling marijuana into their medibles. I believe that one is going to trial soon. I'm not sure if medibles were confiscated or not. Could be precedent setting if they were.

There are always those tea bagger types attacking medibles because they say kids will get them and be hurt, they want them banned. That was in the news a while back.

Archived