Drug Driving Test At Your Fingertips

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21128224.800-drug-driving-test-at-your-fingertips.html

A FINGERPRINT is all you need to determine whether someone is under the influence of drugs.

Paul Yates from Intelligent Fingerprinting, a company spun out from the University of East Anglia in Norwich, and colleagues, have developed a handheld device that police can use to detect breakdown products from drugs excreted through sweat pores in the fingertips.

The device applies gold nanoparticles coated with antibodies to a fingerprint. The antibodies stick to antigens on specific metabolites in the fingerprint. Fluorescent dyes attached to the antibodies will highlight the presence of any metabolites. The technique was first used to detect nicotine, but now works on a range of drugs, including cocaine, methadone and cannabis.

It is hard to prove that someone is drug driving, for example, says Yates, because existing tests are invasive, can be contaminated, or aren't sensitive enough. The new device could detect nanograms of metabolites in minutes, he says. The device was announced at the UCL International Crime Science Conference in London last week.

Guest Happy Guy

Caregivers/growers will naturally have resin on their fingertips from gardening and manicuring medical marijuana. It's hard to get off. Sometimes you have to go to the grow store quickly without completely getting the resin off your fingers. Sometimes my hands are green for a day after I spill some cannabis oil on them or when I clean my equipment. I will never past this test unless I wear gloves all the time. This is a stupid test that will show all kinds of false positives. Heck, everybody knows money has drug residue on it. Test a bank teller on the way home and she goes to jail. Stupid test....

Caregivers/growers will naturally have resin on their fingertips from gardening and manicuring medical marijuana. It's hard to get off. Sometimes you have to go to the grow store quickly without completely getting the resin off your fingers. Sometimes my hands are green for a day after I spill some cannabis oil on them or when I clean my equipment. I will never past this test unless I wear gloves all the time. This is a stupid test that will show all kinds of false positives. Heck, everybody knows money has drug residue on it. Test a bank teller on the way home and she goes to jail. Stupid test....

YEP!!

This should give a real "woody" to those fascists which populate out government and legal system.

Maybe this technique will be able to pick up "side" smoke....can you get a reading of ONE NANOGRAM just SITTING on the grass at Pine Knob ?

Lets use our already VERY limited funds to pay out more cash for a test leading to more prosecutions of citizens so we can put more folks into jail !!!

Brilliant !!!!!!

Dr. Jinx

Archived