Lemon Cake Seeds

jacklash69

I got my ORIGINAL cut of lemon cake from my old caregiver, NOT mrd.

What I am saying is the unauthorized sharing of the clone had already occurred before you got it so I think it would be kind of mrd to not fault you or anyone else but the original source of the leak for that. Not sure if you understood what I was getting at.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other people gave it out against my wishes. The fact is that others don't think someones work and the risks they took over ten years mean nothing as long as they can get high. .I might love the plant but where does it say that i have to love everyone who smokes it? If I sold the clones or seeds then what you have said would be justified.

Other people gave it out against my wishes. The fact is that others don't think someones work and the risks they took over ten years mean nothing as long as they can get high. .I might love the plant but where does it say that i have to love everyone who smokes it? If I sold the clones or seeds then what you have said would be justified.

But you gave it out knowing there was a chance it might get leaked. If I did that I'd be like "I should have known better. Well, at least all these people can enjoy that version while I continue perfecting it."

No this is called finding out you were dealing with deceitful people.

Here we go once again. This thread is starting to make me puke. No disrespect to the OP as you were just inquiring about something you were not familiar with.

It would be nice if Blueberry would please lock or make this thread disappear (deja vu).

RLP, please quit giving ammo to the masses and walk away with your head high. You gave back the cut requested by the breeder and that's that. Everyone else needs to chill and give MRD the respect he deserves, and to STOP selling and whoring out the strain. It's something special, and deserves it's status as an elite, and Michigan should be very proud of it. If you are lucky enough to have the strain as a caregiver, then grow it, enjoy it, and provide the meds, but there is no need to profit in ANY way off of the plant itself out of respect. It SHOULD be kept, treasured, and backed up by trusted individuals. Disrespect and infighting is sorely rearing it's ugly head here once again and needs to stop now.

People need to realize that it was a different time and place, when this stuff originally happened. There used to be a code (unspoken of course) which is severely lacking by a large portion of the members here, and probably every other public forum. Back then, and even now, when you were given something to backup as part of a serious breeding project, or just to hold something elite, you were, and are, expected to hold that cut and guard it with your liberty to the best of your ability. If you can't, then you shouldn't have been playing the game. Anything less is, and was, a serious breach of intellectual property and the original culprit should be ashamed, and deserves whatever he or she gets in this culture. It will come back to haunt you in the end because who knows what treasure's you may have had at this moment that you now have locked the door on. Pitiful is all I can say. 

The men from the boys are starting separate and show themselves, and are going to leave the rest behind soon. When  people out there don't stop the practices they are engaging in, they will be left far behind. No one in particular is coming to mind, and I'm not calling anyone out, but the lack of respect to the people who really deserve it here is starting to be shown. Those people are really getting fed up with it, and some serious experience will no longer be at the disposal for those who really need it. 

I'm tempted myself just to finish off any loose ends here, close the book, and just skate. In no way am I saying I deserve the respect of the farmers I'm talking about. I just have better things to do, and ways to spend my time than following the escapades and bickering of the whiney juniors and profiteers who just insist on antagonizing the people that are due the respect they deserve.

Here we go once again. This thread is starting to make me puke. No disrespect to the OP as you were just inquiring about something you were not familiar with.

It would be nice if Blueberry would please lock or make this thread disappear (deja vu).

RLP, please quit giving ammo to the masses and walk away with your head high. You gave back the cut requested by the breeder and that's that. Everyone else needs to chill and give MRD the respect he deserves, and to STOP selling and whoring out the strain. It's something special, and deserves it's status as an elite, and Michigan should be very proud of it. If you are lucky enough to have the strain as a caregiver, then grow it, enjoy it, and provide the meds, but there is no need to profit in ANY way off of the plant itself out of respect. It SHOULD be kept, treasured, and backed up by trusted individuals. Disrespect and infighting is sorely rearing it's ugly head here once again and needs to stop now.

People need to realize that it was a different time and place, when this stuff originally happened. There used to be a code (unspoken of course) which is severely lacking by a large portion of the members here, and probably every other public forum. Back then, and even now, when you were given something to backup as part of a serious breeding project, or just to hold something elite, you were, and are, expected to hold that cut and guard it with your liberty to the best of your ability. If you can't, then you shouldn't have been playing the game. Anything less is, and was, a serious breach of intellectual property and the original culprit should be ashamed, and deserves whatever he or she gets in this culture. It will come back to haunt you in the end because who knows what treasure's you may have had at this moment that you now have locked the door on. Pitiful is all I can say. 

The men from the boys are starting separate and show themselves, and are going to leave the rest behind soon. When  people out there don't stop the practices they are engaging in, they will be left far behind. No one in particular is coming to mind, and I'm not calling anyone out, but the lack of respect to the people who really deserve it here is starting to be shown. Those people are really getting fed up with it, and some serious experience will no longer be at the disposal for those who really need it. 

I'm tempted myself just to finish off any loose ends here, close the book, and just skate. In no way am I saying I deserve the respect of the farmers I'm talking about. I just have better things to do, and ways to spend my time than following the escapades and bickering of the whiney juniors and profiteers who just insist on antagonizing the people that are due the respect they deserve.

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

I couldn`t of said it better myself.

Peace, Afi

Guest MosCutty

Craziness, great statement brother Porc, and all true. We need some of the old school back, where people actually respected one another. This is a very small community and things do come back around.

Porc, is also correct in that events like this turn off contributing farmers, making them not want to provide any information to the community.

It's real sad that adults need to act this way towards another member of the community. My mother always taught me to respect my alders, I see not all of us learned this lesson.

Mos

'just a plant" then why don't t you smoke some mexi brick weed, or some ditchweed or some oregano? If its all the same? Not like you cannot obtain some other strain. No this argument is just pissing on the people who created it. Cause you want to have it and not acknowledge that its creation was not random. Its like a book. If all books were the same then Harry Potter would be just like a technical manual. No the author put the work into it and made something unique. All the friggin words in any book are all in the dictionary. That means every book is plagiarizing the dictionary! That means all drugs are alike cause they are pills. So a drug for diabetes is the same as an antibiotic. Hey they are all pills. Duh!

'just a plant" then why don't t you smoke some mexi brick weed, or some ditchweed or some oregano? If its all the same? Not like you cannot obtain some other strain. No this argument is just pissing on the people who created it. Cause you want to have it and not acknowledge that its creation was not random. Its like a book. If all books were the same then Harry Potter would be just like a technical manual. No the author put the work into it and made something unique. All the friggin words in any book are all in the dictionary. That means every book is plagiarizing the dictionary! That means all drugs are alike cause they are pills. So a drug for diabetes is the same as an antibiotic. Hey they are all pills. Duh!

So your saying that hording a strain is ok? God made the plant, get over yourselfs man.This hording strains is for children who cares who has what or grows what? Shouldnt we all share it

the discussion taking place in this thread has started to take on some real substance. Can a mod move it please? no need to keep ripping scabs off of mrd's wounds to have this discussion. But, the ethics and understanding between people should continue to be discussed.

i was testing some of the lovely G13 earlier this week, and made some missteps in this direction myself. <medicated moment> i have began smoking in 81. but i knew NOTHING of the understandings between growers. all that i knew about the mutual respect between growers came from what i knew of cannabis culture and ethics in general. i learned a thing or two this week.

one, i learned that cannabis culture/ethics in general, is definitely NOT the same as grower culture/ethics. it CAN'T be. Breeders and experienced growers from 'pre-MM laws' especially deserve our respect. i get it now. those individuals risked INFINITELY more for themselves and their families, than i can ever comprehend.

two, whatever the reason someone asks to keep a cut private, you just do it. it doesn't matter if an alien told them to tell you that, or if it is a cut they weren't supposed to share with you, or it could be a 'preview' of a pheno, or a test set of beans that a breeder wishes to try out in another garden/system, or someone's personal favorite headstash they are sharing with you. they say "say nothing", so i (we) need to say nothing. they say "don't give out/sell the cut" or "only give to this or that person" - that's what i need to do.

breeders and testers are not obligated to share their work. when they do, respect their wishes.

i love that this conversation is happening. i wish i would have had it a year ago, so i could have changed the way i interacted with some people. maybe someone beginning in growing can learn from those mistakes of others, instead of repeating them. i'm pretty sure, i have much more to learn. i'm far from perfect. if i find a respectful way to share after learning, i will.

in this context, i have great respect for the work mrd has done. one day, i hope to enjoy his work in genetics.

It was intellectual property and Mr. D. shared it when he should have kept it to himself.

RS,

It was a work in the process. When undergoing a serious breeding project you NEED the back up of individuals you absolutely trust. If only one person holds that cut, chances are that it WILL be lost. He shared it to back it up and was betrayed by you know who, but we won't go there.

If that had not happened, we may have had Lemon Cake in a stabilized seed form by now, and not discouraged a serious breeding project from happening.

Jacklash69,

This is not a strain that is hoarded. You obviously have no clue what strain hoarding actually is. Just because you can't get ahold of a strain, or that it's not generally available to the masses doesn't mean it's being hoarded. The term would actually be "PROTECTED FROM OUTSIDE CONTAMINATION IN IT'S ORIGINAL STATE" by people of integrity, so that when you are able to finally aquire the plant for yourself, or whatever elite cut it may be, you know what you have is genuine, and not an S1 fem, or an intentionally hermied plant that is used to make a weak knockoff, or worse yet, bag seeds. I'm pretty positive you don't want to be the prey of unscrupulous people and breeders who are popping up every second now trying to make a buck off of easy prey and someone else's hard work. They've always been out there, but they are becoming much more prevalent in today's "must have immediately culture".

If you really want to know about strain hoarding, then you need go no further than to look in The Cannabible #1 and read about the strain called "Asian Fantasy" also known as AAA, and "Cuddlefish Hashplant" which it is also presented as, and further delved into in The Cannabible #2 or #3 (not sure off the top of my head without looking).

Yes it is an ethics question. Yes the "must have it now culture" makes doing serious work harder. Gods plant what friggin joke. That's like saying God made everything in the world therefore its okay if I steal anything it. Betcha if I stole anything from anyone here with that excuse there would be ramifications.

RS,

It was a work in the process. When undergoing a serious breeding project you NEED the back up of individuals you absolutely trust. If only one person holds that cut, chances are that it WILL be lost. He shared it to back it up and was betrayed by you know who, but we won't go there.

If that had not happened, we may have had Lemon Cake in a stabilized seed form by now, and not discouraged a serious breeding project from happening.

Actually this is not true....

He wasn't sharing to begin with. He had a early morning teardown thanks to some bad neighbors and gave his stuff to a close friend. That close friend in turn ended up sharing what was given to him with others. This is how MY caregiver got it back then.

Mrd and who knows how many other people seem to believe I'm the bad guy here and that's bs. I got mine from my old caregiver WAY after the fact...I've never got a cut from mrd and the one clone he did give me I gave it back.

Why don't you tell the story mrd? I'm sure everyone would like to know the WHOLE TRUTH ABOUT EVERYTHING.

How did lemon cake get out to begin with?

Actually this is not true....

He wasn't sharing to begin with. He had a early morning teardown thanks to some bad neighbors and gave his stuff to a close friend. That close friend in turn ended up sharing what was given to him with others. This is how MY caregiver got it back then.

Mrd and who knows how many other people seem to believe I'm the bad guy here and that's bs. I got mine from my old caregiver WAY after the fact...

Why don't you tell the story mrd? I'm sure everyone would like to know the WHOLE TRUTH ABOUT EVERYTHING.

How did lemon cake get out to begin with?

I never assumed anything about you and was not implying anything about you in my post or referring to you at all, RLP. Just so you know.

Im sure people who oppose us would love to read something like this and label us are thieves and profiteers. At this point it is out of the box and there is no possible way it could get put back in.

Mr. D... I heard about this form someone before I even read this thread or knew lemon cake was as awesome as it is. For your creation, dedication and hard work I applaud you. I salute you. I respect you and what you have done. Again, there is nothing that can be done to give you exclusive rights to something you should have exclusive rights to.

If it is not too much to ask, can we all be civil and respect each other. There are always many sides to a story and I am sure no one here should be out right demonized for their actions. Lets just stop all the fighting before this hits the 11 o'clock news!!1

update - all marijuana smokers are thieves and villains... Look, they even stole from one of their friends! Mr. D, I am sure you can admit that this would hurt everyone. I suggest you take a lesson from this as we all have in the past and be carefule who we trust and what we entrust people with.

all of you all are good people, so lets rise above this. I know its not easy but it is the right thing to do.

what is always easy is not always whats right. Whats right is not always easy.

Terms such as "f1, f2," and "hermied on purpose" leave me confused. Never bred anything. But "early morning break down" and "bad neigbors"? Plants named "Lemon Cake" that finish some at 53, others at 63, still others at 71, wth slightly diff appearaces but all with blast-away highs yet separate distinct aspects--that quickly displace smokers favorites--this old farmer comphrehends. Stellar wrk, mrd.

Archived