Lemon Cake Seeds

jacklash69

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all this hype, someone should market this strain. The peeps want their (mr d's) cake. The more we can't have it, the more we want it. Once this community gets their paws on this LC, they'll smoke it AND eat the living daylights out of it too.

I wish mr d the absolute best with his future breeding work. I'd never underestimate a breeders labors. If I'm lucky enough to be granted superior genetics, from whatever source, then gratitude may be in order.

People willing to pass a cutting around against the breeders wishes, don't really merit to have it to begin with. Diplomacy is a lost art that my ego no longer has the time or patience for.

I killed the lc project because of this. I am backbreeding the mlc. People thanking me for what they got for free is galling. It is like someone passing someone making a painting and telling them its beautiful then the painter goes home and eats dogfood.

Then why dont you flood the market with it?

Or put it in the hands of a few trusted people?

or simply allow some cuts to be donated for?

This will get you your well deserved funds for all.or.your hard work.

As long as you are not officially backing any lc out there tthe people who ripped you off.continue to benefit from your hard work.

If you put one out there and backed it. I am sure everyone would walk away from the bs they have now and go.with your cuts.

Just my 2 pennies.

I tried to get a cut from MrD. He flat refused because of something that someone else did. I practically begged him for a cut of a plant that I was told would help me with my pain. When other peope seen what I had posted they offered me a cut of the lemon cake and I took it. and I was right it is helping me with my pain, it is also helping me with my sleep.

I was sad to see more evidence in this thread that we are not supportive of other patients who face discrimination and tough situations for following other legal medical routines .We want fair treatment but don't offer it to others . I also was perplexed that members of a compassion club may have been expressing they were more interested in controlling access to a strain to profit later then circulating it to as many patients as it could comfort .

I am sure those whom help patients will be the first to succeed as laws and attitudes slowly change over time . The medical need of individuals sometimes supersedes good business practices . Just as we have found regulation always ends up hurting someone whose needs fall outside the mainstream .Criminality and the Justice system is not appropriate for use against patients involved in personal medical use . The act was designed to be interpreted and implemented to protect all individuals in all instances of medical cannabis activity .

Everyone breeding is using someone else's genetics . It is time to forgive heal and be grateful accepting the intrinsic reward that many would value over any other riches . Maybe LC could be as cherished as Free Leonard because of how it was offered to our community . It isn't to late to change course ;-) .

Please remember MRD may live in a area where they prosecute people for transferring outside a direct caregiver to patient relationship . He also is a patient whose disability may effect his attitudes and interaction with others . I know mine does .

I was sad to see more evidence in this thread that we are not supportive of other patients who face discrimination and tough situations for following other legal medical routines . I also was perplexed that members of a compassion club may have been expressing they were more interested in controlling access to a strain to profit later then circulating it to as many patients as it could comfort .

I am sure those whom help patients will be the first to succeed as laws and attitudes slowly change over time . The medical need of individuals sometimes supersedes good business practices . Just as we have found regulation always ends up hurting someone whose needs fall outside the mainstream . The act was designed to be interpreted and implemented to protect all individuals in all instances of medical cannabis use .

I was not put on earth to work for anyone. If I made no commitment I owe no one anything. If I do something I do it because I think it is a good idea. I have a probono patient. He never asked me for anything. I do it because I want to.

This is the kind of thing that makes me just want to quit on the whole community. There is a writer of best sellers in Spain who has quit writing because people copy her books and do not pay for them. So the world looses a good writer.

What incentive do I have to work for this community? So someone can give me the high five?

As I said earlier, no one asks me how they can breed great plants, they just want a free ride.

I was not put on earth to work for anyone. If I made no commitment I owe no one anything. If I do something I do it because I think it is a good idea. I have a probono patient. He never asked me for anything. I do it because I want to.

This is the kind of thing that makes me just want to quit on the whole community. There is a writer of best sellers in Spain who has quit writing because people copy her books and do not pay for them. So the world looses a good writer.

What incentive do I have to work for this community? So someone can give me the high five?

As I said earlier, no one asks me how they can breed great plants, they just want a free ride.

I have to agree, if you give a man a fish he will eat for a day!

You teach that man to fish?

I too have bred and am currently working on strains but it is all self taught with no background and no direction. A tutorial on methods, selection, hints, outcomes....and everything involved would be very helpful and much appreciated. I know you dont want this but thankyou for your work and kudos to ALL breeders who are working toward the future of this great plant. .

That book is my bible. Forget all the others, that bunny muffin lays it out.

"Don't stop breeding until you have ALL the traits stabilized" paraphrased, but that has stuck with me for years.

I'm probably one of the few people on here that actually understand where MrD is coming from on this.

You know the purple wreck that went around back in mid 09? Yea I brought that from cali, gave it to some "friends" who promised they wouldn't give it out, and 4 months later every "compassion club" in the area was selling my purple wreck. Sad thing was it wasn't even that good.

Then there is the guy who was gifted seeds, and clones, changed the names of both, then sold both as clones for a profit. Sickens me.

There is a thing called intellectual property. Go look at the actual seed industry, and I'm not just talking monsanto, I'm talking family run operations. They make people sign crazy non-disclosures just to test the darn things. This is no different from what we are doing.

I can't speak for MrD but I've been breeding for nearly 10 years. Its really disheartening to think of all the hours, the time, not to mention the RISK of being put away in FEDERAL prison. Do I get to count that in my "compensation" amount? No, ok you pay the 10grand to the lawyers for me, oh wait, none of you would.

Hypocritical communities of band wagoners imo. Where were all you compassionate folks before the law? Before you expected someone to hand over 10 years worth of work for 10 dollars, so you can turn around and make thousands selling cuts like its no big deal.

There used to be an etiquette among growers before the med law, as we all understood the real risks we were taking.

With the bandwagoners there is no respect at all.

I've met more than a few people that the first words out of their mouth was "can I get a clone?". How about you try and build a working relationship with me before you ask for something that is the equivalent of asking for my first born?

As for dying patients, I've already been lied to on that front as well "Oh man I got a patient with cancer I really need clones to get me going". Only to find out later there was no cancer patient. A few people have spoiled it for the group.

Before you start bashing on me, lets not forget that I did something uncharacteristic and straight gave away high CBD genetics to a caregiver, and both reddog and captain kirk. How much you want to bet that I wont see a drop of love, or even piddly credit for getting those to them (the one caregiver did the right thing and started a grow journal on it though)?

I barely got a thank you out of either of them, but in 6 months, I bet they have a new high cbd strain that they will claim cures cancer, and no credit will come my way. I'm not even asking for cash, I'm asking for the high five that MrD doesn't even want. I wont get it, because of the lack of respect.

But I'm just a pessimist, maybe they will do the right thing, use it for reddogs cancer, and give credit where its due, but I'm not holding my breath.

I believe Lucia Etxebarria is pretty far off from being a "good writer". Her bi-polar attitude is flat to say the least. She quit because MORE of her writings were downloaded on the internet than purchased. Meaning she quit because nobody really bought her books due to not being that great.. numbers don't lie. Not that I would call her writings fully hers. Award winning? sure, I guess.. My daughter gave me the worlds best Dad award 4 years in a row.. I guess I am Award winning too.

So the world loses a good writer, good ridden's, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

If your passion cannot be done without some type of reimbursement, its probably not your true passion. I believe for someone to be good at what they do, they must have a passion for it. Otherwise it is just work.

If you look back into history, some of our GREATEST writers didn't receive a dime for their work. The respect given (if at all) was good enough and often worth more than any type of currency.

All of that aside, you don't owe anyone a thing. If you develop a good strain, its absolutely your choice and only your choice to even tell anyone about it let alone release it. However, the type of hype this strain brings leads me to believe there are some lose lips in the midst. Maybe yours maybe not, but in the end if you don't want anyone to have a genetic you create, it really shouldn't ever leave your garden.

Hey, I made this awesome tray of brownies. You wouldn't believe the flavor explosion in your mouth. They cook quick and taste sooooooo good!!

Really?!!? Can I have some?????

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm not giving them to anyone.

Kind of comes off douchebagish yanno.... Keep your brownies to yourself.

I believe Lucia Etxebarria is pretty far off from being a "good writer". Her bi-polar attitude is flat to say the least. She quit because MORE of her writings were downloaded on the internet than purchased. Meaning she quit because nobody really bought her books due to not being that great.. numbers don't lie. Not that I would call her writings fully hers. Award winning? sure, I guess.. My daughter gave me the worlds best Dad award 4 years in a row.. I guess I am Award winning too.

So the world loses a good writer, good ridden's, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

If your passion cannot be done without some type of reimbursement, its probably not your true passion. I believe for someone to be good at what they do, they must have a passion for it. Otherwise it is just work.

If you look back into history, some of our GREATEST writers didn't receive a dime for their work. The respect given (if at all) was good enough and often worth more than any type of currency.

roperty

All of that aside, you don't owe anyone a thing. If you develop a good strain, its absolutely your choice and only your choice to even tell anyone about it let alone release it. However, the type of hype this strain brings leads me to believe there are some lose lips in the midst. Maybe yours maybe not, but in the end if you don't want anyone to have a genetic you create, it really shouldn't ever leave your garden.

Hey, I made this awesome tray of brownies. You wouldn't believe the flavor explosion in your mouth. They cook quick and taste sooooooo good!!

Really?!!? Can I have some?????

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm not giving them to anyone.

Kind of comes off douchebagish yanno.... Keep your brownies to yourself.

I have not read that writer at all it was just an example. If you felt she was a great writer would you then take her side. It is not the point. If people value it enough to read it it has worth, There are plenty of writers who I do not like who still deserve to get paid. People download work because they can get it for free not because it is bad. If it is bad then why bother? Just because someone wrote something without expecting any compensation does not mean that all writers should not get any compensation. Wheres the logic in that?

You are absolutely correct about letting things out. I think Caffeine's story and mine more than prove how this community treats people who took on risk and did the work. It's called insensitive abuse. Because of that I now keep things very close and view most people here as takers. Its like using the term compassion when what you mean is free weed. People deserve compassion but by using the term it becomes a way to make a person feel a little guilty. that is simply manipulation.

You seem to be missing the point that lying or being disengenous creates mistrust and a community that exists to take not to build. If you want to live in that village, you go for it.

It is like the difference between giving out finished mmj versus a cut or clone of the plant.

Your brownie analogy is bs. Are those brownies intellectual property?

Brownies are unfortunalty not self replicating they are simple property not intellectual property.

That book is my bible. Forget all the others, that bunny muffin lays it out.

"Don't stop breeding until you have ALL the traits stabilized" paraphrased, but that has stuck with me for years.

I'm probably one of the few people on here that actually understand where MrD is coming from on this.

You know the purple wreck that went around back in mid 09? Yea I brought that from cali, gave it to some "friends" who promised they wouldn't give it out, and 4 months later every "compassion club" in the area was selling my purple wreck. Sad thing was it wasn't even that good.

Then there is the guy who was gifted seeds, and clones, changed the names of both, then sold both as clones for a profit. Sickens me.

There is a thing called intellectual property. Go look at the actual seed industry, and I'm not just talking monsanto, I'm talking family run operations. They make people sign crazy non-disclosures just to test the darn things. This is no different from what we are doing.

I can't speak for MrD but I've been breeding for nearly 10 years. Its really disheartening to think of all the hours, the time, not to mention the RISK of being put away in FEDERAL prison. Do I get to count that in my "compensation" amount? No, ok you pay the 10grand to the lawyers for me, oh wait, none of you would.

Hypocritical communities of band wagoners imo. Where were all you compassionate folks before the law? Before you expected someone to hand over 10 years worth of work for 10 dollars, so you can turn around and make thousands selling cuts like its no big deal.

There used to be an etiquette among growers before the med law, as we all understood the real risks we were taking.

With the bandwagoners there is no respect at all.

I've met more than a few people that the first words out of their mouth was "can I get a clone?". How about you try and build a working relationship with me before you ask for something that is the equivalent of asking for my first born?

As for dying patients, I've already been lied to on that front as well "Oh man I got a patient with cancer I really need clones to get me going". Only to find out later there was no cancer patient. A few people have spoiled it for the group.

Before you start bashing on me, lets not forget that I did something uncharacteristic and straight gave away high CBD genetics to a caregiver, and both reddog and captain kirk. How much you want to bet that I wont see a drop of love, or even piddly credit for getting those to them (the one caregiver did the right thing and started a grow journal on it though)?

I barely got a thank you out of either of them, but in 6 months, I bet they have a new high cbd strain that they will claim cures cancer, and no credit will come my way. I'm not even asking for cash, I'm asking for the high five that MrD doesn't even want. I wont get it, because of the lack of respect.

But I'm just a pessimist, maybe they will do the right thing, use it for reddogs cancer, and give credit where its due, but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree.

Wow you created a strain from bag seed! Keep feedin yor EGO mrd. I'm so sick of hearing about freakin lemon cake. Mrd you aint no Swampy, keep your cake and eat it too!!

You have no idea what you are talking about. The fact that the initial seeds came in a bag means what? It means I recognized that it had potential. Which is no different if you were wandering around in the tropics and came across a great land race plant and grabbed some seeds from it, took them home, grew them out, picked out a desired phenom and then did all the typical work that goes into further breeding and stabilizing.

Ever notice I do not tend to hype lemoncake? I complain about it getting out but I do not promote it. So whats really buggin you?

Archived