Morhawk's Grow Journal

Morhawk

Finally, got some pictures.. Tried to get more of the male preflowers but really hard to hold the scope and I didn't have time to fudge around.

The Forest: (5 White Widow, 1 Dinafem Industrial, and a clone from the male (which will be gone shortly after I nute burn it for reference pics) (I tried to nute burn the big male, but the SOB just sucked it right up...lol)

R1S100_00431.jpg

The Tree:

R1S100_00451.jpg

It's a Girl!:

R1S100_00471.jpg

Slid 2 of the WW's over to the flower room this evening. Maybe a bit soon, but a little bit of impatience and a little bit of wanted to "send in the cavalry" made me think it was a good idea. Plus this will give me a little more working room in the Veg room for some clones, and it will give me a little practice before I risk some major croppage on the flower room. I may have done this once or twice before, but never to the amount of detail I have learned lately. The biggest thing was the trichome color of when to harvest. Surely explains a lot why some was better than others.. Anywho.. Leaves are looking a little paler than I would like them, but I decided to go a little slow with the nutes as I heard WW isn't one to take a lot of them.

Just had to kill the male, still had some "experiments" I wanted to try on it, but alas his nuts were swelling and he was looking for my ladies. Overall, glad I "wasted" the time on it. Got to see the nutrient deficiencies first hand, and got a basic "what to look for" and timeline on sexing, watering, and all that good stuff. Was going to try and pull it out to get a pic of that 90 degree taproot, but the entire growing medium came up with it. That SOB was root bound. Quite resilient considering not only a month ago the entire root system was on a layer as thick as my hand and what it went through during the transplant. When I am feeling froggy, I will cut it out to take a picture for reference of the importance of a decent growing medium (considering it didn't somehow straighten out).

• 2 weeks later...

Flower room keeps getting a little warmer than I would like it. Had the thermometer beside the ballast, was reading 99. Under the light is around 85, thinking if I move the ballast outside of the room hopefully that will help the temp a little until I can afford some ventilation.

Thanks Morhawk for sharing your information concerning your real life challenges that some of us face. I hope your temps come down soon with the cooler air outside now? Your white widow girls are looking very healthy and pretty Morhawk. Thank you and may you have a very wonderful day today Morhawk. Peace...widow_lady.jpghowlycopy.jpgthumb-5509468.jpgbrown_lady_lg.jpg

• 1 month later...

Great job on holding that scope :thumbsu: Really love the macro shots.

I bought a 600 watt MH/HPS dimmable system. That way when they are ready I can just switch the bulb and change the timer. I was running it at 25% and then bumped it up to 50. But then I got my patient's plant and bumped it up to 100

What ballasts are you running? Not familiar with those that go down to 25%

I love my Quantums.

Plants look great. My grow isn't that far behind yours so it is very inspiratinal looking at yours. I am almost ready to put at least one, maybe two of mine into flower within the next week maybe two but probably closer to a week. I will be keep a close eye on your grow so that I may compare mine to it, realizing of course that we are growing different strains.

What ballasts are you running? Not familiar with those that go down to 25%

I love my Quantums.

It may only go to 50%, I turned them down 25% is probably what I was thinking..LOL I am running the Digital Greenhouse Dimmable 600W from HTG Supply. No complaints on it, it's quiet and runs cool. Unlike my SunGro (?) 600w HPS 600w ballast that throws heat around 97 degrees out the side. I moved that outside of the flower room and ran the wires through the wall. I got a decent deal on it, or else I would have got another Digital Ballast

Plants look great. My grow isn't that far behind yours so it is very inspiratinal looking at yours. I am almost ready to put at least one, maybe two of mine into flower within the next week maybe two but probably closer to a week. I will be keep a close eye on your grow so that I may compare mine to it, realizing of course that we are growing different strains.

Well, due to my lack of camera batteries I slacked on the journal here (coupled with the infamous MMMA Forum Time Warp) Most of these plants have been chopped, dried, and smoked by now.. LOL My Industrial (Afghan * Skunk) is set to be chopped down here in the next few days. I'll try to get a picture of it before I do.

Had some issues with the first few. Leaves yellowing and dropping. Still yielded (dry) 3/4 of my first plant and a solid OZ on my second. Not bad considering I put them into flower earlier than I should have. After stretch and all they were only about waste high. But they were my advance party to dial in the room. My next two white widows were planted the same time they were. So they have been topped and trained. Each is about 4-5 feet wide and come up to my chest. They take up more space in my flower room than the original 4 plants I had in there.. lmao

Archived