Do Some Caregivers Offer Free Meds?

QueenToi

I think I have figured this out. :blink: .. A PT wants a zip free for giving you the headache of raising THERE plants. OK I'll let said PT have the first oz of there plants at harvest FREE ans a small donation for any more( THERE plants only ) no matter if I grow 1 or 10 of THERE plants. But when harvest day comes they need come and pick-up there oz , it will be cut and put in a bag. The PT then may take that oz home cut an trim THERE buds from THERE branches , dry then cure it the way they would like it. Remember the first free oz is only from THERE plants harvest that's only 1 free zip every 8 to 10 weeks depending on what THERE strain may be, THERE plants pick what THEY want want you to grow ..Now 1 free a month, week or day. It's only when you harvest THERE plant, but let the CG know how much you'll need between harvest, as there are other PT that there plants too, so I won't grow all 12 of THERE plants, just enough to get them from harvest to harvest. :unsure: ..

What ya think Caregivers would this work? I really would like to know what ya think. Cause I normally won't do free zips except for special cases , Medicate an eat pet food or eat ppl food and be in pain. but I'll give my PTs many extras free just cause they don't ask or don't the funds .

Good or bad give it to me , don't hold back as I ask for it. At my age ya can't hurt my fellings. ...........TY Pops

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The op asked "Do Some Caregivers Offer Free Meds?". It would have been much simpler if I had had just replied yes. I am surprised by the animosity that my comments have generated. I had to remind myself that, like Pops said, at my age you can't hurt my feelings. What ever arrangement you get into, whether you are the pt or cg, I encourage you to be open and honest about things. It can help avoid bad feelings down the line. Enough said. Grow, grow, grow! And support the MMMA in whatever way you can.

I think I have figured this out. :blink: .. A PT wants a zip free for giving you the headache of raising THERE plants. OK I'll let said PT have the first oz of there plants at harvest FREE ans a small donation for any more( THERE plants only ) no matter if I grow 1 or 10 of THERE plants. But when harvest day comes they need come and pick-up there oz , it will be cut and put in a bag. The PT then may take that oz home cut an trim THERE buds from THERE branches , dry then cure it the way they would like it. Remember the first free oz is only from THERE plants harvest that's only 1 free zip every 8 to 10 weeks depending on what THERE strain may be, THERE plants pick what THEY want want you to grow ..Now 1 free a month, week or day. It's only when you harvest THERE plant, but let the CG know how much you'll need between harvest, as there are other PT that there plants too, so I won't grow all 12 of THERE plants, just enough to get them from harvest to harvest. :unsure: ..

What ya think Caregivers would this work? I really would like to know what ya think. Cause I normally won't do free zips except for special cases , Medicate an eat pet food or eat ppl food and be in pain. but I'll give my PTs many extras free just cause they don't ask or don't the funds .

Good or bad give it to me , don't hold back as I ask for it. At my age ya can't hurt my fellings. ...........TY Pops

i get my plant roots and all the day it is yanked,,,untouched,,,besides the care (awsome care c.g provides while growin) I dry it ,,trim it and cure it, and i take in as much trash as he will give me,,and send bho back to him for his pt..me of course and c.g for free,,well my cost of butane and a few other lil things,,I make all the tinctures, oils , butter, you name it i make it if im asked by my c.g,,,Now we have a 1 plant per crop,,,he has a full card,,it takes occasionaly upto 8 weeks to get my plant,,which is all fine and good,,,some plants i have gotten i barely got a zip off of,,,others i have gotten upto 5 zips dried and cured,,blue widow,nice,,,,got only 1 3/4 zip from w.w not long ago,,that is the chance i take,,I could wind up with 1 zip till next crop and i have to dry and cure it before i can use it (at least i like to cure it before i use it) I am on of my c.g's pt that gets a plant,,he has one other with same deal and the other 3 get 1 Zip a month! and its 125 for a zip if you need more that month, There are alot of c.g's who go to farm markets and do pt transfers to pts that are not in there slots! he started big,,spent a fortune,,he is producing awsome meds,,kinda messed up running to many auto flower the first run with me,,,got our plant real quick but very low yeild compared to clones! dont get me wrong i got almost 3 zips out of an auto flower bubba! so i was pleasently surprised and the quality could not be matched,even though it was auto flower,,,i have and did smoke some one elses who has a real good name,,well should have seen what peeps said when my c.g broke his out against some ones clone bubba! no comparrison,,maybe that is experience? im sure that is what it was in that case,

any how nothing is free realy,,,if i didnt care about my c.g id sit and wait for my plant,,id call and complain if it was a day late,,,,im not that kinda pt,,for one thing i have grown for most of my life,,im kinda having a hard time not trying to tell my c.g(friend) how to do it! I dont,,,i decided to trust this person because i knew how his grow already was,,he was already big when i got there,,,but get a bug,,lose power,,so many things can happen,,especialy in the summer months,,,heat,,oh man the heat we have had,,fricking driving some c.gs coocoo trying to keep there temps stable,,a few plants go hermie because of conditions and your kinda screwed,,you best be in there watching you babys very careful,,one plant can screw up the whole deal!

my hat is off to all c.g's most of you will see its not a great paying job if you follow our law,,but it can be quite satisfying and can pay for itself,,you cant go into this thing with $$ for eyes! a c.g should be going into this knowing the greatest satisfaction they may get is to hear a pt say the finaly got a great nite sleep after receiving meds from you,,or they have never eaten so much in yrs,,,that to me is awsome pay,,im not a c.g and love to hear that from another pt i may share with! hey im only human!

Peace

FTW

Jim

It would be illegal if anyone else other than patients are getting it. Logically, that means patients are paying for it... or something illegal is going on and it's not a public option. We are looking for legal options. Every legal option includes only patients getting the cannabis. Every legal option includes patients paying for it. One way or another patients pay for it. Some patients may be paying nothing. In that case some other patient is picking up the tab. You can't just say my patients are paying nothing. Some of your 'patients' must be paying something.

happy guy!

there are many c.g's out there that were already growing before it became legal,,if they already had a good steady grow going it is nothing for them to give some for free,,now for a new c.g who has not fine tuned the grow and crop rotation(perpetual grow) its alot harder,,,for me if i was to pick up 3 pts that needed free and 2 that could pay so be it,,,I have never had a problem finding some one legal or ilegal to pay the price! with that said im a retired grower for now,,im having some one else do all the hard work,,,I know alot of people legaly growing who give plenty of meds out for free and no they dont recoup from the black market,,unless you call farmers market or p2p black market! Not all pt's are on ssi,,,alot still work and have good jobs,,and no that if they buy med grade for a higher price than commercial it is worth it,,you dont need as much for it to work and it realy prob comes out cheaper in the end if you were smoking 2 zips of commercial and now you only need one zip of medical is that not a fair switch up for paying pt's?

either way it is between c.g and pt what there deal is,,,,and pts need to realize that a grower can not put a date on when your plant will be done,,,if you are getting your plant the same time,,same day every month chances are your mm is not as good as it could be...there are many people who got into growing for compassion but found that it cost alot of $$ to be compassionate,,it causes problems with relationships when your bills are over due and your giving all your product away,,,I know my lady would not put up with that! most c.g's spouse wouldnt,,,you have to take care of you and yours first and all others have to come next! that is how life is! but that dont mean i wont share with ya if i dont have enough to just give ya! we can medicate together in the privacy of our homes!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Guest Happy Guy

happy guy!

there are many c.g's out there that were already growing before it became legal,,if they already had a good steady grow going it is nothing for them to give some for free,,now for a new c.g who has not fine tuned the grow and crop rotation(perpetual grow) its alot harder,,,for me if i was to pick up 3 pts that needed free and 2 that could pay so be it,,,I have never had a problem finding some one legal or ilegal to pay the price! with that said im a retired grower for now,,im having some one else do all the hard work,,,I know alot of people legaly growing who give plenty of meds out for free and no they dont recoup from the black market,,unless you call farmers market or p2p black market! Not all pt's are on ssi,,,alot still work and have good jobs,,and no that if they buy med grade for a higher price than commercial it is worth it,,you dont need as much for it to work and it realy prob comes out cheaper in the end if you were smoking 2 zips of commercial and now you only need one zip of medical is that not a fair switch up for paying pt's?

either way it is between c.g and pt what there deal is,,,,and pts need to realize that a grower can not put a date on when your plant will be done,,,if you are getting your plant the same time,,same day every month chances are your mm is not as good as it could be...there are many people who got into growing for compassion but found that it cost alot of $$ to be compassionate,,it causes problems with relationships when your bills are over due and your giving all your product away,,,I know my lady would not put up with that! most c.g's spouse wouldnt,,,you have to take care of you and yours first and all others have to come next! that is how life is! but that dont mean i wont share with ya if i dont have enough to just give ya! we can medicate together in the privacy of our homes!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I've been a grower for quite a while too. But that's not what are talking about here. We are trying to explain who pays for the growing opperation in a legal model.

I like to keep it simple.

Each patient can have 12 plants.

It costs money to grow them.

Therefore, in a legal model, patients pay to grow the plants by paying for the product from the plants.

In every legal model a patient pays for the grow one way or another.

If one patient is paying nothing then there is another patient paying for the grow if you are doing it legally.

You can't get around the fact that only patients are supposed to be getting the cannabis so they are the only avenue for revenue. There is no other legal way to pay for the grow.

,,,but get a bug,,lose power,,so many things can happen,,especialy in the summer months,,,heat,,oh man the heat we have had,,fricking driving some c.gs coocoo trying to keep there temps stable,,a few plants go hermie because of conditions and your kinda screwed,,you best be in there watching you babys very careful,,one plant can screw up the whole deal!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Man we got the Trifecta!! Heat, Hermies & Mites!! And double the electric from running fans on the lights. That's just growing for me & the old man. Never realised how much money went into indoor growing until we started doing it, and then the more money you invest, you can't stand the thought of just quitting.... :rolleyes: Things looking up with new strains in veg. Anyhow this stuff is Expensive!!! I don't think people realise.

Yeah, it's shockingly expensive to grow WELL. It's cheap if you are going to buy a crappy HPS and miracle grow soil and throw it in the 100F attic where it'll wither hermie and crap out some schwag... but to grow the good stuff takes good $$$.

Caregivers put a lot into growing and many are patients themselves ard/or low income, they can't afford to just eat a $500/month electric bill and thousands in fixed capital costs. IMO, the best model is getting a wealthy patient or two and encouraging them to cover the costs for those who have trouble affording it. There is no better medicine than the knowledge that you have helped others in need. :thumbsu:

I've been a grower for quite a while too. But that's not what are talking about here. We are trying to explain who pays for the growing opperation in a legal model.

I like to keep it simple.

Each patient can have 12 plants.

It costs money to grow them.

Therefore, in a legal model, patients pay to grow the plants by paying for the product from the plants.

In every legal model a patient pays for the grow one way or another.

If one patient is paying nothing then there is another patient paying for the grow if you are doing it legally.

You can't get around the fact that only patients are supposed to be getting the cannabis so they are the only avenue for revenue. There is no other legal way to pay for the grow.

I tryed answering that by stating not all pt's are on ssi,,,some have good paying jobs and dont mind paying a fair price for quality mm! your correct the pt's that can afford are paying for the pt's that cant!

Kinda wish our tax base was that way,,,or at least a flat tax bracket for all! why is the poor paying all the taxes in our country? dont need to answer that i already know,,and im not gonna just blame bush and the republicans,,,,our government is broke we need to fix it,,,,,no incumbents,,no more big pensions,,,

bottom line there is nothing better in life than to give! I would much rather give than recieve,,,but i will not go broke to give!

Man we got the Trifecta!! Heat, Hermies & Mites!! And double the electric from running fans on the lights. That's just growing for me & the old man. Never realised how much money went into indoor growing until we started doing it, and then the more money you invest, you can't stand the thought of just quitting.... :rolleyes: Things looking up with new strains in veg. Anyhow this stuff is Expensive!!! I don't think people realise.

yup im very relieved to not be growing at this time,,but i do feel my c.g's pain,,,like i said in an earlier post in here,,,I can not accept my free plant untill I know my c.g is back on track,,in the same respect im prob his only free pt that pays like i do,,,I pay way more than what im getting most months now,,,and not becuase i have to,,because i want to! if i hear some one is getting any free meds while i am paying,,well i guess i will stop donating untill i start getting my deal back! what goes around comes around!

growing is not free,,far from it,,,and it realy does absorb your life,,,if you work full time and grow you are working your butt off,,Hats off to anyone trying to make things better for pt's and c.g's

nothing wrong with a c.g giving free zips if they can afford it and it dont come from some one else who cant afford it!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Guest Happy Guy

Another factor is what IS medical cannabis. It's just the very best buds. Not the other stuff that should be made into butter or oil. If you are only counting medical cannabis as medical cannabis then the supply is limited much more than someone growing pounds of fluffy mids and passing them off as medical. You can get a pound a plant but how much of that is truely medical cannabis? Maybe just an ounce, maybe a few ounces? Trimming varies greatly among growers and some don't have any idea what medical grade really is. They can fling it all around for free because it's not that good. Real medical is superb and demands a price so the grower can continue to excell at the fine art of producing only the very best, medical cannabis.

I am not a grower but work with plenty of growers that agree with me also. 1 patient = 12 plants, that one patient usually only needs approx 1oz a month, give or take. That one patient does not use all of the meds off those plants, giving room to get compensated for the rest that will make the difference from that 1 you gave to the patient. so for every 2-4 oz they get off each plant, depending on the cycle they are on, they would have 2 or 3 left that they can take to a market or local compassion club and get it directly to patients at a lower price then the dispensary, yet the CG would get all the money, not the dispensary.

Yes its a lot of work, yes it still takes money to start and continue, BUT if not free the meds should be extrememly cheap to their patients for they will NOT need all of what comes off the plant, and the extra's will help pay the bills...

Another note tho: A legal card holder should not be supporting the mexican cartel,the illegal riff raff, by getting swag off the street. and MoStly Medical Marijuana has more medicinal value then the dirt available in the alley!!

Guest Happy Guy

I am not a grower but work with plenty of growers that agree with me also. 1 patient = 12 plants, that one patient usually only needs approx 1oz a month, give or take. That one patient does not use all of the meds off those plants, giving room to get compensated for the rest that will make the difference from that 1 you gave to the patient. so for every 2-4 oz they get off each plant, depending on the cycle they are on, they would have 2 or 3 left that they can take to a market or local compassion club and get it directly to patients at a lower price then the dispensary, yet the CG would get all the money, not the dispensary.

Yes its a lot of work, yes it still takes money to start and continue, BUT if not free the meds should be extrememly cheap to their patients for they will NOT need all of what comes off the plant, and the extra's will help pay the bills...

Another note tho: A legal card holder should not be supporting the mexican cartel,the illegal riff raff, by getting swag off the street. and MoStly Medical Marijuana has more medicinal value then the dirt available in the alley!!

giving room to get compensated for the rest

Selling to a dispensary can be illegal depending on what is going on there. Going to a farm market can be tricky. You can't expect a caregiver to do either. If they do, fine, but don't count on it. It's up to the caregiver if they want to stick their neck out like that. If a patient wants their bills offset then they should/could take the extra meds to the farm market or dispensary if the have enough courage. It ain't as easy as 1 2 3.

Saying things like this: BUT if not free the meds should be extrememly cheap to their patients for they will NOT need all of what comes off the plant make it very hard for caregivers that don't want risk and just want to deal legally with their patients. It's not helping things and it's not going to force prices down like you might think.

It's not right to expect caregivers take legal risks so you don't have to pay anything. They're often patients themselves and often low or no income (outside of the med mj). Selling to any patients other than those registered with the state for that caregiver is illegal according to our wonderful attorney general Bill Schuette (I disagree, but his word has the force of law).

I'm a patient that expects to pay a fair price for their meds. This argument that the caregiver is growing your 12 plants doesn't make sense to me. The caregiver takes all the risk,does all the work, and pays for the grow. I plan to grow in the future and I don't plan on adding 12 plants for every patient. I will grow enough to supply me and my patients, so expecting the caregiver to sell overages to be compensated is not right.

growing is not free,,far from it,,,and it realy does absorb your life,,,if you work full time and grow you are working your butt off,,Hats off to anyone trying to make things better for pt's and c.g's

nothing wrong with a c.g giving free zips if they can afford it and it dont come from some one else who cant afford it!

Peace

FTW

Jim

All too True~!

Guest knucklehead bob

Got all the free meds you want ! All you have to provide are , the free seeds , free light , free dirt , free nutrients , free space , free security etc. etc. etc.

Too many patients are expecting CGs to sell overages and give free meds. Why does that patient deserve free meds and NOT the patients the CG sells to? Is that patient special because he found the CG first and therefore gets free meds?

The simple solution is for the patient to pay a fair price for the meds he needs and then sell the rest to other patients himself.

Right on Highlander, Kzoo,Longhair, we gotta stop the madness that is spreading about everyone expecting free meds. I am not rich hell we can barely pay our bills right now, but still I do not expect medication for free, I never would. I have given my last gram to a patient friend that needed more than myself. I am compassionate but still never would expect it for free

Sad..Sad..Sad...One stipulation I made with my cultivation mentor was he help me find a Patient who cannot afford meds so I can help.

Believe me, had no problem finding many Patients who cannot afford to grow or pay for medication so do we leave them out, kick'em to the curb?

I have a single Patient grow can produce enough for me one other Patient and still contribute to helping a low income Patient for free when needed.

I'm not the only one I know, they're many, many, Patients doing the same thing but we need more. Our little network is able to help out Patients when needed because we all kick in a little to make up a decent care package many times an oz or more.

We cannot leave out any Patients based on their inability to pay for medication.

Wouldn't that be the same thing that's being done to the whole community by Lansing and several communities around the state. Treating us differently from the rest of society because we're different, because we choose alternative medications.

So we're going to do it to certain Patients now because their poorer than some or most. Treat them different, segregate them, cause them even more emotional distress.

Can't let that happen...Won't let it happen.

Patients are the reason this law exists and any talk of leaving out financially distressed Patients is deplorable.

Whose going to take care of the SSI patients? Under the theories expressed, SSI Patients don't deserve to be taken care of, because they have no money. Also, interpreting the law to imply your model is the only legal model, is exactly what legislature needs to hear. They are looking to limit the law. In Redden, the law is explained and it isn't a narrow interpretation. It is expansive. It is exactly what I have said and others who have actually read the law say. It is what the appeals Court says. Not some jail house lawyer. You are protected for the medical use of marijuana, not because you're a caregiver or a patient. Those are protected entities, not the thing that is protected. It is up to the prosecutor to prove the non medical use under the act. The caregiver is an agent of the patient. Of course he can buy marijuana for his/her patient. How would a caregiver obtain medicine otherwise if it was the first grow or if the grow got wiped out. The dying patient would get up from their bed and go score. The patient is not a prisoner. That was not the intent of the law. The appeals Court concurs when it discusses section 8. Redden was the first out, so it carries the most weight under law, until a supreme court ruling says otherwise.

Joe I look up to you and respect your intentions but my gal is on SSI and I am on disability. She receives more than I but I grow of both of us. I give free meds to some PTs like the young lady that just died 4 weeks ago . She never ash how much free do I get for my 12 plants, thats why it was free. She wanted to pay what she could while she ate pet food for dinner and I never took a dime from her.No she had no insurance for her medical treatments .I drover her to an place she needed to go bought food for her ran airins for her. I believe in any compassion you can give your PTs. All my PTS get 32 Gm zips and many other treats FREE. But I don't feel that I need ppl wanting free zips so I can grow more of what I have a hard time just paying the bills for to care for myself an my PTs that help offset my cost. I would freely give an honest PT meds but one that wants a free zip every 2 weeks just to see them sitting in a CC getting $20 a gm turns my heart, and you know this happens, not all times but enough. I would fallow you and the cause to he11 and back, but only the rightest an legal way. I hope this don't pee to many ppl here against me. Free to those that can't afford it yes but not for more plants tat I can't afford to raise. I rase my hat for ppl like EdwardGlen , phaquetoo,trazan an many that can make things happen with other ppl. phaquetooyour not asking for free your helping to pay your CGs bills.. TY.......Pops

The big important A blueberry. That makes it pretty clear for sure. I will be more than willing to help anyone I can. I have been promoting the bartering thing for a while now which I think is a good thing for some that don't have money at the time but have an item they do not use or need :) wish I could say my website but hope to have some cash someday to advertise here.

Got all the free meds you want ! All you have to provide are , the free seeds , free light , free dirt , free nutrients , free space , free security etc. etc. etc.

lol. Free lawyer, free bail, free couples counseling cuz Barbie is mad.., free doors (3) to replace after being kicked in repeatedly after your 4th amendment rights are violated, free medical after your family is beaten, free child support when your ex gets your kids 'cause you're a caregiver, free gas for deliveries, free wear and tear on your car, house, life..

Seems to me like free isn't so fair. Free is fun and compassionate. Charge what you have to, and give it when you can. To ALL your patients. They will be pleasantly suprised, trust me. And the one's that DO pay well for their meds, need some free sometimes too. Often my "free" is in the form of tinctures, medibles, pills, or oils that I am working on. Patients LOVE to be guinea's.... I know I do !

onguard.gif

God Bless!

Rich and Barbi and Jenny is here too

The Patients and Caregiver's determine supply and demand, pricing, sliding fee's, and who is "worthy" or "qualified" for free meds. What determines these? Health? Money? Risk? All of these?

We the People of the MMMA are forced and expected to act as retail experts, Medicare and Medicaid specialists, and free clinics for some. We are expected to set, adjust, and constantly monitor the cost of doing business as well as the pro's and con's of doing it. How do we do this.

Friendly discussions, arguments, debates..it's the only way.

If we are all here for the same reasons, we will all win in the end. I hope.

Blueberry, you are probably right, there are more pressing issues. See you on the 7th.

onguard.gif

Rich

Archived