Milford Township Oakland County

bigdaddyc

Hey all new to the site here, but have a question im currently living in milford township in oakland county. my question is as i have been reading milford had but a 6 month ban on Dispensaries back in 2010. Im just wondering has anyone had any issues with growing medical meds for there patients in or around this area. Im worried somthing might arrise out of it as I know oakland county cops are not the best when it comes to the law, any help would be great. :(

I can't speak from experience....but I wouldnt do it.

I would be more worried about the nosey people and the lovely Milford Police that don't like search warrants and consent to enter.

Very true about the milford cops also it just pisses me off that i spend all the money to be legal to help my father with his back and knees and they think that a local ordanance can trump state law i wonder when they are going to figure this out looks like its time to get ahold of milford city counsel and see what the status is on the ban. they did it back in 2010 and got another month extension on it back in 2010 also but not sure of the status of it now. if anyone hears anything please post back on here. i will also post with the status as soon as i get an answer from the milford city counsel. does anyone know if say oakland county can trump milford ordanance when it comes to the moo poo that oakland county pulls. Is it even legal to grow in oakland county. I swear they make it hard just to follow the darn law sometimes.. :growl:

Here is all I could find on marijuana ordinances in Milford, looks as if there have been no additions since '88. ... Peace ... j.b.

Sec. 50-148. - Possession of marijuana.

(a)

Definitions. The following words, terms and phrases, when used in this section, shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this subsection, except where the context clearly indicates a different meaning:

Marijuana means all parts of the plant cannabis sativa L., growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of the plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant or its seeds or resin. It does not include the mature stalks of the plant, fiber produced from the stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the mature stalks, except the resin extracted therefrom, fiber, oil or cake, or the sterilized seed of the plant which is incapable of germination.

(b)

Prohibition. No person shall use or knowingly or intentionally possess marijuana within the village.

©

Exception. The prohibition of this section shall not apply to marijuana used or possessed pursuant to a marijuana controlled substances therapeutic research program, as provided in the Michigan Public Health Code, sections 7335 and 7336 of Act No. 368 of the Public Acts of Michigan of 1978 (MCL 333.7335, 333.7336), as amended.

(d)

Penalty for violation. Any person who violates or fails to comply with any provision of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, be punished as prescribed in section 1-12

(Ord. No. 201, §§ 1—4, 8-3-88 eff.)

Archived