Card Mills (No Records Needed; Pre-Signed Certs, Often No Dr On Site)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way to stop them is for people NOT to use them, but they're filling a need BECAUSE govt and most drs refuse to let the law do what it's supposed to do. Govt, leo, PA's and judges caused this fiasco, NOT us, but of course, guess who pays the price, pays with their freedom, pays with being traumatized for life, broke, in debt, robbed, pays with suffering, that's NOT what 63% of voters envisioned when they passed this law. People have to be willing to make the difficult choice of finding a way to get to a legitimate certification clinic, if their primary dr won't give the rec; there are 3 or 4 in the state, maybe 5. I know we need more, but something is better than nothing. Trading convenience for freedom is very risky. I know, I spent many a paranoid day and night worrying about it, especially since the Redden opinion and after that, when things went from bad to worse as far as bad judges making disastrous decisions and legislating from the bench.

Then mr jones came along, backed by walsh, schuette and snyder, dragging supporters with them who have nothing better to do than to draft even more legislation against us, the count may be up to 28 bills. Meanwhile, the economy is in the tank, but they don't want us to see just how bad it is, while their emergency managers steal from those who's services they may need someday, (police, firefighters, and teachers, among others), just so they can wast everyone's time and make a big stink about MM and blow the whole situation way out of proportion.

If we all worked together, we could put a big dent in the MM greed machine, without any legislator touching our law.

Sb

I'm glad Bb saw this thread, because gunnyhighway has gotten on my nerves. I don't know if what he's doing is reportable, so I hope someone's monitoring it. I'm tired of repeating myself to deaf a brick wall, and so are others. What part of, "I AGREE we shouldn't have to prove ourselves to government, leo, etc., when the law specifically says we're protected, etc." doesn't he understand? Yet he still continues to make his point as if he never read that WE ACKNOWLEDGE what the law says, but that LEO, ETC., ARE NOT FOLLOWING THE LAW. We ALL AGREE WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO, BUT WE'RE BEING FORCED TO.

I do not want to repeat this again.

SOMEONE PLEASE REMOVE gunnyhighway from this discussion IF HE CONTINUES TO REPEAT HIMSELF AND REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE POINTS MENTIONED. Thank you. I never expected this but I should've realized the possibility SOMEONE would. OK, he made his point he disagrees with what we're being forced to prove and what we're being punished for, and I acknowledge his feelings etc.. Now we're just dancing around in circles. I want it to stop. I asked him to stop. I was respectful, agreed with him, explained to him. It's time to move on. Either we ignore him or he'll just continue till he's as blue in the face as this text.

Sincerely, Sb :growl:

Unbelievable!

I will again state for the record that I have found no case where the doctor patient relationship was questioned where the person arrested/harassed had a valid card at the time.

If someone has a name of such a case, I would be very interested.

Let's talk about who would be hurt by a tightening of the doc pt relationship vis a vis the mmj law--those who work for a living or who are low income or just not rich and cannot afford to have an ongoing doc pt relationship or who cannot take a lot of time off. The way it is right now, these people can dart into an easy access clinic and get a card based on arthritis, bad back etc. But not if some people get their way.

Those who will not be hurt are those people who are quite ill and or disabled and typically on disability/medicare etc.

These people will continue to get MMJ even if these proposed reforms are enacted.

I think this distinction may well define the divide among some of us on this forum.

As far as the person quoted above calling for me to be banned, i will just say "unbelieveable!"

Edited by gunnyhighway

UNBELIEVABLE! I've cited references to people who have been LEGALLY COMPLIANT and stlll got arrested, this man still refuses to see. I've treated him with respect, I've done all I can, and he keeps insisting on showing him this and that, I wash my hands of it. If a moderator says this man shouldn't be removed, I will honor it, but as I see it, this discussion with him is going nowhere. he refuses to see what we're saying. No one said he's wrong, but he will not budge. I may as well be talking to schutte, snyder, jones, walsh, etc. I'm tired of going in circles, with a stubborn brick wall. We answered his questions.

Sb

Be that as it may, what is being done about the 2 or 3? Why do we need them?

Just to clarify things, I have no professional or economic worries about the bills, my worries are for the patients that will be denied access because anyone that does certification exclusively will not be allowed to operate. That will reduce the number of certifications written, rather than increase it to get to the numbers our population justifies. I have already taken passage of the bills into account for my practice, and have for months. Initially I did it to provide a safer, defensible service for my patients. Now I am doing it to make sure I can still offer certifications.

I appreciate your concern, but will allow others to lead the fight from now on. I don't want to appear to bash folks, even though I've mostly singled out particular practices that should be avoided, like no record clinics, no physician clinics and pre signed certifications. I do none of those things. The ones that do should be shut down. That is what I've been calling for.

My name was mentioned for one reason. I do certifications. Because of the actions of clinics that cut corners and marketing companies, I've been lumped into the same category as them, something I object to. I have professional standards. I've called for them in the certification industry. If that builds a cell for me, so be it, I can and have defended myself.

Dr. Bob

So tell the world that nearly every medical marijuana patient is a faker that received their letter from one of the thousands of mills that are running in Michigan.

I'm sure THAT perception will be very helpful.

Just advocate and fight to legalize cannabis and all the card mills vanish like a fart in the breeze.

Legalize cannabis. No more patient troubles. No more caregiver troubles. No more grey areas. No more money to the state for a stinking card they won't even send and that half of them won't recognize or respect.

What's the sense in paying $100 for a stinking plastic card when the doctor's rec is all you really need? 3 cards is enough for me. I won't buy one next year and will use the paperwork only.

Legalize cannabis so every responsible adult will have the choice to use it or not for whatever reason they see fit. Doesn't matter if someone uses cannabis for medical benefit or just to catch a buzz. Should make no difference to anyone except maybe a busybody.

It's plain to see that cannabis legalization on a national level is the only logical choice. They still don't respect our Prop 1 after nearly 3 years. They're not gonna change their minds about it no matter if we fight them until we drop. The only other choice is to advocate to legalize cannabis and finally put an end to the unjust persecution once and for all.

Many of us are dues paying MMMA members here. How many of us also support MINORML, ASA, MPP? I do. I think we all should. But what do I know.

[end of rant]

Disagreements are part of almost every discussion that takes place. SB check your PM.

It's not that we disagree, that's not my complaint, everyone has the right to disagree; I disagree with people on here and move on to other discussions, and when I see I was wrong, I apologize. It's the constant repeating as if the opposing views are being ignored or are being made invalid, as if we were his adversary, that's what bothers me, but I said I'd respect a mod's decision to allow him to stay. Thanks for the PM.

Sb

UNBELIEVABLE! I've cited references to people who have been LEGALLY COMPLIANT and stlll got arrested,

Sb

You say 'legally compliant,' but that is not what I was talking about.

I asked for a pattern of cases where people had their card in their possession, were under the legal limit, with a locked room, were NOT involved in a pharmacy or other aspect of the legally questionable end of this law etc, and were then arrested, and had their card challenged on the basis of the patient doctor relationship.

If there are several such cases, or even just one, i would be very interested to see it.

The DEA established prescribing guidelines for scheduled drugs several years ago, during the internet pharmacy debate. If any doctor strays from those guidelines, they are putting themselves at risk. Our problem, as patients, is the new laws being proposed, would cause patients to be arrested, if the doctor is screws up. Doctors can afford lawyers, patients can not. Soon the state will revoke the cards of patients, that have cards, that were obtained via these mills. This will not only put patients at risk, but also their caregivers. In the worst case, thousands of patients could have their cards revoked in a very short period of time. Then there is the fact that the proposed law, concerning doctor/patient relationships, has the highest probability of being passed. All doctors in the state should adjust accordingly. If you cause the chaos, expect the consequences.

New law is not needed. The government has all it needs right now. The government controls who practices medicine in the state. They can arrest doctors who stray from prescribing guidelines(They Already Have arrested Doctors). They have the right to report fraud to law enforcement in the current system. They are using the acts of a few as an excuse to strip the rights of the many. This is called tyranny. The goal of all these laws is to create a highly regulated system, that the poor can't afford to access. There is no positive motive by government. That position is laughable. We're from the government, we're here to help you. Too Funny! :lol: Thanks, Bb

Thank you for confirming my point BB.

Dr. Bob

Just advocate and fight to legalize cannabis and all the card mills vanish like a fart in the breeze.

Legalize cannabis. No more patient troubles. No more caregiver troubles. No more grey areas. No more money to the state for a stinking card they won't even send and that half of them won't recognize or respect.

What's the sense in paying $100 for a stinking plastic card when the doctor's rec is all you really need? 3 cards is enough for me. I won't buy one next year and will use the paperwork only.

Legalize cannabis so every responsible adult will have the choice to use it or not for whatever reason they see fit. Doesn't matter if someone uses cannabis for medical benefit or just to catch a buzz. Should make no difference to anyone except maybe a busybody.

It's plain to see that cannabis legalization on a national level is the only logical choice. They still don't respect our Prop 1 after nearly 3 years. They're not gonna change their minds about it no matter if we fight them until we drop. The only other choice is to advocate to legalize cannabis and finally put an end to the unjust persecution once and for all.

Many of us are dues paying MMMA members here. How many of us also support MINORML, ASA, MPP? I do. I think we all should. But what do I know.

[end of rant]

RANT ON The fight has been going on for a long time and many have given so much. Fight on and RANT RANT. PEACE to the world

Key to acceptance of MMJ has two parts. First remove reference to marijuana from the controlled substance act federally (thus allowing the states to regulate it as they see fit) and second, make a certification an 'issue on demand' in primary care. The latter concept is that if a patient is qualified under the law and requests certification, the primary care physician must issue the certification unless there are compelling medical reasons to withhold it.

Dr. Bob

Education about perception will do wonders for our image. Thanks to the success of MM, the "lazy stoner" image is slowly being chiseled away. People are beginning to stop lumping us in with recreational users. Medical users have to use different language when referring to MM and defining themselves and its use. There has to be a very clear distinction between us and non medical users.

Perception is everything, right or wrong. For example, I tried explaining to someone about video games, I said they were like cartoons. My listener lost interest. Had I said "animation," perhaps my listener would've continued our discussion. The same is true for MM. It shouldn't have to be this way, but it is. If I were to ask someone to give their opinion of MM, I might say "Cannabis as medicine," first, then if they're not familiar with that, I'll say, "Medical Mj." Then I'll explain the law and what our opponents are attempting to do to it and our community. I won't say, "pot," or, "weed." People will say what they want to, and people will hear what they want to. I'm not imposing my will on anyone, just saying how I see the situation.

I'm NOT slamming recreational use. Before I realized the medical value of mj, I was a recreational user, for many years. I used it as an escape from severe depression. I know it didn't take away my problems, but I did realize it did take the edge off the pain, though it took me awhile to realize and admit. After a few years of steady usage, I realized what was happening, especially after one night in particular that caused a lot of trauma for me, which would've been avoided, if I had only had a little mj. If it weren't for recreational use, we wouldn't have discovered how truly amazing Cannabis is, although its healing properties have been well-known for centuries. It seems the US is the last country in the world to realize just how wonderful this plant is, and not just for medicine, which include products such as clothing and paper. The true value of this plant has been buried so deeply in propaganda for so long, that changing those wrong ideas is a slow painful process, but better late than never. The People are much more aware of it than our so-called leaders, who refuse to listen, and we all know why.

It's all about perception- IMAGE. This is why our opponents are trying so hard to make the voters turn against us; all they have to do is use a few negative words, and they think they can sway public opinion. Judging from the reports I see about the majority of comments left at various sites, it looks like the majority of The People are waking up. The lies aren't as effective anymore. One poll suggests EIGHTY PERCENT believe mj should be legalized. I would be willing to bet those same people believe in its value as medicine. :)

Sb

• 2 weeks later...

So tell the world that nearly every medical marijuana patient is a faker that received their letter from one of the thousands of mills that are running in Michigan.

I'm sure THAT perception will be very helpful.

Many of them ARE. Everyone knows this. There's NOTHING morally wrong with that, as you state. Instead of buying into and supporting the government's lies we should be exposing them and embracing the truth. This plant should be legal, period. I often find myself shaking my head on this forum at the attitudes of people here who feel that anyone who is using this plant recreationally and not medicinally is committing some sin and is responsible for "giving everyone else a bad name." Or if they think it's OK, they stay silent instead of growing a sack and standing up for what's right. "All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

To the haters: understand that the medical strains you smoke TODAY were developed by recreational users/breeders/hobbyists for RECREATIONAL usage. I mean, even "Sativex", the new commercial cannabis pill, is basically the Chem-Dawg strain in a pill. Recreational users are helped by the certification mills to exercise their GOD GIVEN RIGHT to smoke cannabis, free of harassment from the a$sh0les that be. Why is everyone in our community so anxious to throw them under the bus? If we stand together we are strong, but as soon as we start dividing amongst ourselves and selling each other out to buy ourselves a little perceived safety, that's when we are easily defeated.

Law enforcement and politicians are NOT your friend or buddy, and don't think for a second that by selling someone else out you are going to spare yourself. These people are after power. Being able to throw someone in jail at will, or force them to work slave labor at sweatshop wages in the prison system, is power. Many/most in our government and increasingly in our police forces (corruption always flows downhill) don't give a s--t about right or wrong, or how they're screwing you over as long as they got theirs. In fact our government is looking more and more like the mob, demanding protection money in the form of fines, fees, taxes, every twisted means they can think of to get your money and make you a slave. (This state is especially skilled at it.) The government doesn't care about you and if it was up to the current administration you wouldn't have ANY medical rights whatsoever. So stick together, or enjoy f--king each over and riding each others' coat tails down the drain....your choice.

Edited by zoolander

Many of them ARE. Everyone knows this. There's NOTHING morally wrong with that, as you state. Instead of buying into and supporting the government's lies we should be exposing them and embracing the truth. This plant should be legal, period. I often find myself shaking my head on this forum at the attitudes of people here who feel that anyone who is using this plant recreationally and not medicinally is committing some sin and is responsible for "giving everyone else a bad name." Or if they think it's OK, they stay silent instead of growing a sack and standing up for what's right. "All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

To the haters: understand that the medical strains you smoke TODAY were developed by recreational users/breeders/hobbyists for RECREATIONAL usage. I mean, even "Sativex", the new commercial cannabis pill, is basically the Chem-Dawg strain in a pill. Recreational users are helped by the certification mills to exercise their GOD GIVEN RIGHT to smoke cannabis, free of harassment from the a$sh0les that be. Why is everyone in our community so anxious to throw them under the bus? If we stand together we are strong, but as soon as we start dividing amongst ourselves and selling each other out to buy ourselves a little perceived safety, that's when we are easily defeated.

Law enforcement and politicians are NOT your friend or buddy, and don't think for a second that by selling someone else out you are going to spare yourself. These people are after power. Being able to throw someone in jail at will, or force them to work slave labor at sweatshop wages in the prison system, is power. Many/most in our government and increasingly in our police forces (corruption always flows downhill) don't give a s--t about right or wrong, or how they're screwing you over as long as they got theirs. In fact our government is looking more and more like the mob, demanding protection money in the form of fines, fees, taxes, every twisted means they can think of to get your money and make you a slave. (This state is especially skilled at it.) The government doesn't care about you and if it was up to the current administration you wouldn't have ANY medical rights whatsoever. So stick together, or enjoy f--king each over and riding each others' coat tails down the drain....your choice.

Hi, we haven't corresponded before, though I did reply to one of your messages when you first came here, it was before the May rally.

Please know that we are on the same side. If you've read enough of my messages, you'd know I'm all for legalization, and have stated many times that if it weren't for the recreational users, we wouldn't have realized mj's medicinal value. I speak from personal experience. However, because this is a medical mj site, I feel it's very important to make a clear distinction between the two. Why dod people treat me like I'm against full legalization? Hey, I AM on your side, I am NOT trying to divide us! PLEASE don't misunderstand me, it really hurts, I'm trying so hard ot make myself clear, in a very passionate, COMPASSIONATE, respectful way because I CARE VERY DEEPLY FOR this Community!

I'm well aware of how our government works, and do not trust most of them, either. I had hoped you'd understand my feelings about the mills, they may help many people but they will also hurt them severely if those patients end up in court. If they followed proper procedure, there'd be no complaint from me and some others here. I see the need for them, that's NOT my complaint!. Remember, I also acknowledge the certification centers that have reputable doctors, who are doing their best to make sure the dr/pt relationship is sound and will hold up in court. My concern is for the patients, especially since the dr/pt relationship is being examined on the witness stand, which is so wrong, but sadly as we know, some people don't care what's right or wrong, especially those in power who are more corrupt than any of us could ever be, and THEY get away with it. :(

I believe in our rights to use this herb however we choose to; it's far less dangerous than alcohol in a recreational/social situation. No one has the right to dictate to anyone what medicine to use, or what substance to enjoy, as long as it doesn't endanger anyone.

PEACE.

Sincerely, Sb

This has taken me a long time to write. I've been thinking long and hard about this subject, and, when all is said and done, I have concluded that, because, really, deep in my heart, I'd really and truly like to see them work with us and be in line with acceptable practices that will stand up in any court, as well as benefiting the patients in improving their quality of life. After all, this is about helping patients. So, if any card mill people read this, please know that, if you would be willing to make sure your doctors are reputable, if you can say in all honesty that your doctors are, or they can repair any damage to their reputation, and would be willing to do the following, you would be doing this community a great service:

1. Make sure the patient has medical records, protect the privacy of those records,, and, if they see you without any, establish a solid dr/patient relationship, which includes examinations, monitoring, and follow-ups. A legitimate dr/pt relationship would consist of 3 visits, I think that may be acceptable, please don't quote me on that, I know of one clinic that requires 3 visits for the qualifying condition. The Dr. would be the primary care doc for the patient. Always, Always, ALWAYS have a qualified doctor on site. Please stop using pre-signed certifications. While this may be convenient for you, it could cost your patients their freedom, and right to use Cannabis legally. If you have to use a hotel, please section off a space where there can be some privacy. There should be an examination area they can set up nearby that's private.

Please spend some quality time with your patients, listen to them, learn what strains of MM may work best for their condition, chart their success or any problems with whichever strain they're using or may use, make sure the drs know the law and which conditions qualify. The one I saw seemed to know it didn't cover a particular condition I mentioned, but was aware it does cover the one I was applying under. That eased my discomfort a little, and meant a lot to me. I give him a :thumbsu: for that!

2. Depending on which, if any, of the proposed bills pass, if any define the dr/pt relationship, and or whatever guidelines they pass, that you would adopt your practices to comply with those standards. If we can prevent any from passing, acceptable standards should still be followed, as with any area of medicine. There are already laws in place that define what those standards are.

3. Accept medical insurance, or, if the pt has none, and can't afford to pay, and you can't provide the certification process freely, especially if there's an examination involved, that you would arrange with the patient to make payments for visits, I think they call it a "sliding scale fee," and include the certification or renewal.

4. Be willing to testify in court if your patient is charged. Having a solid relationship, having a detailed medical chart/history, will help prove your patient is using MM legitimately and was certified properly. Your knowledge of the law will be very useful in court and make for a solid defense. You will be helping this community as well as showing the greater community that your patients are legally qualified to use this medicine. Our lawmakers, etc., will also see. This will go a LONG way toward helping us keep our law, and hopefully, strengthen the law to protect us, not use it to punish us, restrict us, and weaken it.

The legislators are going after the drs who only recommend MM as their primary specialty. It may or may not be fair, but till we can make them listen to us, or vote them out and get reps who will, we may have to abide by whatever rules they lay down, whether or not we like it. Our health is a very personal issue, we need good doctors who will stand by us, not only to sign papers, but to work with us to ensure optimum health.

5. Please make sure your doctors' records are all in order, that they have the proper qualifications, have no history of wrongdoing. Now, I know who 2 of those doctors are, and who they work for. If they have repaired their records and have not had any further infractions, they deserve a second chance! We need all the doctors we can get who are willing to fill these applications and make sure their patients truly do qualify. One law will punish patients if a doctor makes a mistake, so please make sure your doctors know exactly what's expected of them. Helping your patients go through this process as smoothly as possible will do wonders for them, ease their fears, reduce any stress or hesitation they may have.

The bottom line- the Main Concern, should always be Patients First.

All these guidelines will help us legitimize Medical Marijuana in the eyes of the public at large, including government, law enforcement, etc. We need to show them we are in compliance with the law, (if only they'd implement it properly, though we are complying with it nonetheless.) If you can do these things, and truly put patients before profits, the income will follow, and you'll know deep down in your hearts you've done the right thing for your patients and our community. Helping people improve the quality of their lives is the most rewarding profession I can think of. Doctors should remember they are healers!

I am a healer, too, though not a dr; what I do is offer friendship and support, based on wholistic concepts and experiences. We need all the help we can get!

Sincerely, Sb :D

I Sincerely want to see us all work together. Please everyone, remember we're all on the same side, OK? I Love You ALL VERY MUCH; I am very protective of this community, much like Bb is, he can't stand seeing anyone pick on sick people, and neither can I. I care about you all very much, you're always in my thoughts and always in my heart. I'd never do anything to hurt anyone, especially any of you. I wish with all my heart I could make peace with those I upset.

We're all under a lot of stress, my life is tame in comparison to most of you, yet I endure as much pain and suffering, not as much physically, but on other levels. You're the ONLY Family I Have. I'm deeply passionate and very sensitive; when you're hurting, so am I. I wish I could give you all a hug, and take your troubles away. All I want is to see everyone keep their rights and live as comfortably as possible, able to manage your illness, without fear, worry, or hardship, that you will have a steady, safe, quality supply of medicine, from compassionate people who treat you with Compassion and Respect.

I wish we could all live together in a safe, happy, healthy world where Compassion is our guide, just as it is in our community, where we will be able to enjoy each other's friendship, and have a good quality of life.

Be Well, Safe, and Happy.

May we all gather together in Happier Times.

PEACE.

Sincerely, Sb :wub::bighug:

• 10 months later...

I can see all points of view when it comes to the pros and cons of the certification clinics now dubiously being called "mills". However if we begin attacking the certification clinics or traveling clinics where will it end, the only reason I am responding to your post is the fact that there is an overabundance of no doctor on site clinics, but the main reason for this post is to show you what is now available on line for patients wanting to become certified. Take a look at this very popular website along with others like it and tell me if the "mills" or the doctors conducting this "mills" are so bad.

https://www.getlegal...a.com/michigan/

www.getlegalamerica.com/michigan/

take a look at what is really going on in this business and tell me what you think about that?

I beg that everyone reading this understands our new law is organic and evolving everyday, the main objective of the program is to help as many people as possible who truly deserve it get it, and get it legally. We might not approve of how certain doctors are doing things, but in the end if we allow the doctors to certify and get the prosecutors and judges to acknowledge the legality of the card, then we will avoid having a judge or prosecutor determine the definition of a bona-fide relationship. Judges and prosecutors should not be allowed to determine or question the relationship between a patient and a doctor, there job is too follow the law not subjectively determine if the patient in there eyes qualifies or if the condition really exists. Who are they do question the relationship between a cardholder and the certifying physician. Everyone focus on the fact we are letting judges and prosecutors bring doctors to court and quiz them on a patients conditions, that my friends is wrong. If I broke the law I want my attorney by my side protecting me and upholding the law, I don't want an overzealous judge and prosecutor questioning my doctor if I qualify, that my friends is not right. So let's focus on the really matter at hand.

Betcha this might come back to haunt you Michael M..... This thread covered many things I've been talking about since the Redden decision. I've fought for standards, you've fought to have the certification documents declared not to be medical records. Yes there were bad on line clinics. But the ones they were looking at, the ONE listed in the Redden Concurring decision, is the one that prompted HB 4851.

Dr. Bob

Why should ANYONE be denied the use of MMJ? With a self-imposed witch hunt like this, the mentality expressed is "Only I can use marijuana because I'm special, and you're not"

I call BS....

Let the state police itself, they don't need help.

Can we say LEGALIZE CANNABIS for ALL?

You say 'legally compliant,' but that is not what I was talking about.

I asked for a pattern of cases where people had their card in their possession, were under the legal limit, with a locked room, were NOT involved in a pharmacy or other aspect of the legally questionable end of this law etc, and were then arrested, and had their card challenged on the basis of the patient doctor relationship.

If there are several such cases, or even just one, i would be very interested to see it.

Annie is one, and she just had her case dismissed..Due to the fact the cops was wrong.