Domestic Return Receipt For Certified Mail

Hello all!

I am starting the process of becoming a legal mmmj patient and am already have questions before my check has even be cashed. I got the return slip from my certified mail and it was stamped that it was delivered to a different address. It was signed for by somebody from the michigan dept. of treasury in Lansing (a completely different po box). I actually typed the address for the dept. licensing and regulatory affairs mmmj registry, so there would be no misreading issues. Has this happend to anybody else? Should i be concerned that it was recieved to the wrong po box and not make it to the correct address?

Guest Happy Guy

Looks like the certified mail thing proves nothing at all.

The cashed check shows much more.

What good does it do to say something totally wrong and totally negative at a time when someone is asking for help?

Certified mail helps in EXACTLY this situation. If it wasn't sent certified they wouldn't even know where it went.

Your agenda to be right above all is getting in the way of helping this patient.

Please refrain from letting your agenda hurt patients.

We are here to help patients, not pass along bad information.

Thank you happy guy for your information. I will call them and see what the deal is.

peanutbutter thanks for your info, but it was not really helpful to this situation as happy guy said.

I was asking if anybody has had any prior experiences with the mail being delivered to the MI dept. of treasury instead of the original address it was posted to.

I have just joined, but been reading threads on this website for a while. There is alot of great information to be had from advanced members and moderators on here, but there also seems to be postings that are either out of line or not relavent. I did not intend this post to be for anything other than some quality information on the subject, especially not to be used to call people out or anything of that sort.

Guest Happy Guy

The last one I sent out was in March.

The stamping reads:

Jeremy Hall

Mail & Delivery Service Agent State Of Michigan

Post Office Box 30026 Lansing, Michigan 48909.

Let us know how you make out, it might help some others.

Jamrock you're cool...mine was stamped by the treasury dept. too,they,re doing nothing more than delegating them to handle some of the overload, as we all know the dept. of health cannot keep up....I got my recert in 7 weeks instead of 3 mnths. on my initial card....peace...pl

This mix up might have something to do with the MDCH now being out of the picture and the new agency forwarding checks to treasury.....shredder

That's what I was thinking, it's now under LARA -- Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.

Guest Happy Guy

It does show a different p.o. box number for them now since LARA took over:

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,1607,7-154-27417_51869_52141---,00.html

If this happens to my next patient I'm going to call the post office and ask what is going on. I would feel better with a delivery certification that corresponded with where I sent it. The mail service agent needs to get it right. A few calls by concerned patients might make them understand that it needs to be stamped with some reference to the program like it used to be back in March.

Archived