Bubba Kush ? Dr. Green Thumb Or Greenhouse Seed Bank

jettskee

whats your preference   

34 members have voted

1. 1. Dr. Green Thumb or Greenhouse --Bubba Kush

I have my new room in it's first stage of operation and among my babies i have 1 clone from DR. green thumb and one clone from Greenhouse seed banks .

They will be under the same light, same soil and same water conditions throughout there life cycle. I am marking today at 12pm the start of the cycle and will be posting pics throughout the cycle .

I would love to hear any and all feed back comments and questions .

Greenhouse's is a fake version that is only a cross of Bubblegum and a Kush of some sort. If I'm not mistaken, Greenhouse doesn't even breed this, among several of the other strains they are naming after the elite clone onlys. They are sub-contracting those out to some other breeder.

So far Greenthumb Seeds is the only company to put out a true reliable Bubba Kush in seed form. I can't speak about CaliConnection's Pre98 BX as I haven't tried or seen it yet, but you should probably be able to pull out a really close representation of Bubba from a pack, as it actually has real Bubba in it.

For anybody interested or who has been waiting, I just noticed Doc has Bubba Kush (Katsu Cut) in stock today for the first time in a very long while.

Greenhouse's is a fake version that is only a cross of Bubblegum and a Kush of some sort. If I'm not mistaken, Greenhouse doesn't even breed this, among several of the other strains they are naming after the elite clone onlys. They are sub-contracting those out to some other breeder.

So far Greenthumb Seeds is the only company to put out a true reliable Bubba Kush in seed form. I can't speak about CaliConnection's Pre98 BX as I haven't tried or seen it yet, but you should probably be able to pull out a really close representation of Bubba from a pack, as it actually has real Bubba in it.

For anybody interested or who has been waiting, I just noticed Doc has Bubba Kush (Katsu Cut) in stock today for the first time in a very long while.

Cali Connections Pre98 is og raskals work being distributed through them, its a BX2 extremely well proven and an amazing strain, has some variation to the cut, but very stable and true line. Greenhouse breeds inhouse for the most part, outsources there genetics and doesn't care what they have, just apply the name and pay enough money for it to win an award at the cup and everybody will buy it. Arjan is a greedy prick who takes advantage of marketing instead of providing quality genetics.

Its great to see the interest in the project and i will be keeping this updated for about four months so everyone can see from clones to meds step by step coke vs. pepsi kind of thing . Thank you for the education and minor background on the banks .new pics to come .

I see greenthumb has the bubba kush back in stock, but too expensive for 5 fem seeds! darn!

Good genetics can be expensive. The number of clones is also endless that you could make.

Theres a member here that was looking to make a order with somebody and split the cost. That might be something to think about.

Looks like DrG's Bubba is ready to go. I cant wait to see your final smoke report on this. While i think we all know who will be the winner, it will be nice to see a side by side grow.

If your GHS takes Off, I dont think Jipos ever did ?

Ill be watching :)

looks like the poll is 10-0 for Dr G :devil:

• 5 months later...

I have my new room in it's first stage of operation and among my babies i have 1 clone from DR. green thumb and one clone from Greenhouse seed banks .

They will be under the same light, same soil and same water conditions throughout there life cycle. I am marking today at 12pm the start of the cycle and will be posting pics throughout the cycle .

I would love to hear any and all feed back comments and questions .

the videos I've seen from greenhouse seeds shows them growing in agg tents and high tunnels that weren't closed up tight. plastic end doors flapping in the breeze. any bee or other pollinator could get to any plant on the place and not to mention the wind. not too professional. and franko is always in a video showing off his new toys, vacationing, or thinking up a contest or marketing ploy.the good serious breeder probably doesn't have time for all that.

Edited by cujo

• 4 weeks later...

dr greenthumb seeds are fems and greenhouse seeds are bubble gum x kush?, actualy pretty good reviews on greenhouses strain, but basicaly you dont take a 10 and cross it with an 8 and expect to get a 10 all the strains are pretty descent crossed with a kush but unless you smoke pure raw og kush (arcata cutting) you don,t know everything else is watered down cut version, As for growing fems if you keep temps and nutes correct you might be alright doing small grow look for hermies but I wouldn't chance a production grow for my patients on it with the costof electric, nutes and what not.

karmic farmer, dj shorts law sounds good but I have yet to see anything worth keepingout of his genetics, maybe 10 years ago or maybe 1 in a 1000. I got the real blueberry from kzoo and dj an dutch passion couldn't touch it with those copy cat genetics buy some bog bogglegum and blind taste test with dj blueberry and you wtill see what I mean,just finished 10 pack of dj bb nice colors(purple) but real blueberry glows neon green taste like bluberry muffins and earthy taste and rocks you like a kush anyways not sure and that leads me to believe no reason to try sagamartha's blueberry, my personal oppinion is real blueberry probably came from indiana along with the bubblegum and than breaders put there own spin on an already perfect set of genetics and f'd it up, another example is try real indiana bubblegum blows you out the water and the taste is so candy sweet you cant help but to smoke yourself into comma

• 3 weeks later...

Dr. Greenthumb has very stable fems I have run his bubba for a while. I wouldn't worry about herms with his techniques. I believe he has new bubba seeds out maybe pre 98 and katsu crossed? Don't quote me on that though. Dr. G did say its a better yielding bubba. Im growing cc pre 98 bx2 now. This bx was made from a very bubba dom male of the bx1 so even more bubba dominant goodness we'll see i guess.

• 6 months later...

I'll be the guy to defend Greenhouse. I just finished up another batch of BK. It turned out fantanstic again, dense nugs, lots of cristals, typical earthy taste. Smells like a sweet stink beetle almost. i grew out a ten pack and got 3 different phenos with 2 nice mothers with very similar traits. I havent tried either of the other DGT or CC varieties yet but i dont think you can get much better than this besides the production.production i give a 4 outa 10, but overall an 8 0f 10