320,000+ Jobs Lost With Debt Bill Signing

Commerce is greedy. Ideology is blood-thirsty.

- Mason Cooley

For us po'folk its about to get to worse, if you can imagine that...For you po'working folk, welcome to our world.

The Tea Party GOP just set the United States on course for a double dip recession and more than likely, the western version of Japans ten year long recession.

And yes..I'm out right blaming the Tea Party GOP on this! Every economist not beholding to any party gives the plan an 'F' and say its because of the TP-GOP's holding the economy hostage to appease the wealthy and fill the bill of pork and riders, just like the FAA funding.

The Tea party GOP has killed jobs bills and now they are costing hundreds of thousands of Americans their jobs for politics.

Watch how the Tea Party GOP attacks the Democrats Infrastructure Rebuilding Act they'll be rolling out.

Rachel Maddow on the debt bill

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#43996402

I blame the Democrats too - recently Stephen Colbert asked "Will the Democrats cave, or simple crumble?" I think they did both. :thumbsd:

Revolutions are not made; they come.

- Wendell Phillips

With the hostile conditions created by the Tea party GOP the Dems had to capitulate or risk a default. Its ugly from all sides but the Tea party GOP is involved in a non-violent (so far) coup d'état across the country.

coup d'état; a coup d'état uses the extant government's power to assume political control of the country "A coup consists of the infiltration of a small, but critical, segment of the state apparatus, which is then used to displace the government from its control of the remainder"

This is an outright conspiracy perpetuated on the People of America by both sides of our extant [ exisisting ] and defective [obviously] two party system.

It couldn't work otherwise. How else do you justify continuing the Bushit Tax Cuts for the filthy few in Dec 2010 and the untimely confirmation [ last day of the 112th US Congress, Dec 23, 2010 ] of Michelle Leonhart as DEA Head Administrator [another Bushit Legacy]...

The Democrats use the Republicans as a scapegoat for their behavior. Obama received more campaign dollars from the banks and other institutions than McCain... he's corrupt as hell, more secretive than Bush even... We need a party of the people that stands for true liberal values... prosperity equality and peace...

It sure looks like we're all doomed- 'cept for a privileged few, most of whom are lying, cheating, corrupt, contemptible, despicable, abusive, selfish, greedy pieces of garbage. We The People need a miracle. MI is sinking fast and the rest of the country is following right behind it. I wanna get outta here but there's nowhere else to go. All my life I've felt trapped, nothing's changed there, only gotten worse. :(

Sb :(

The Democrats use the Republicans as a scapegoat for their behavior. Obama received more campaign dollars from the banks and other institutions than McCain... he's corrupt as hell, more secretive than Bush even... We need a party of the people that stands for true liberal values... prosperity equality and peace...

amen

Guest Happy Guy

The republicans got their way. They got their way because they were willing to watch the destruction of America if they couldn't have their way. The president was not willing to do that.

How do I know the republicans got their way?

You can work a puzzle backwards, it's always easier. Look at what we end up with and see that it's what the republicans wanted. In the end there will be no compromise. We will have the across the board cuts. These cuts are to, by and large, medicare and defense spending. The cuts to the defense spending were already anticipated so they are nothing really. The cuts to medicare will result in cuts for hospital services for the poor and also extended care for the weakest among us. That's what republicans wanted rather than putting the tax structure back the way it was before Bush gave the tax cuts to the wealthiest and large corporations.

In 2012, you can decide on whether to punish or reward the republicans for this. You will only have two real choices. Reward them with Romney or punish them with 4 more years of Obama.

In 2012, you can decide on whether to punish or reward the republicans for this. You will only have two real choices. Reward them with Romney or punish them with 4 more years of Obama.

Or you say F'Em, all 3 of them, Dems, Reps, and TP Reps) and vote Ron Paul.

Guest Happy Guy

Or you say F'Em, all 3 of them, Dems, Reps, and TP Reps) and vote Ron Paul.

I like Ron Paul's record. I really wish he could beat Romney. But Paul is out of touch with his party, which is out of touch with the majority of Americans. Maybe someday the republicans can learn from their leaders like Paul who are only laughed at by them now. Imagine the iron will he must have standing up like that in a sea of greed, ignorance, and hate, which represents most of his party.

Guest Happy Guy

It's sad.

If you look at the graph of the debt you can see that the only president that came close to taming the debt beast was Clinton. If you look at this graph with an open mind, you can see that if Clinton, or someone like minded, could have had 4 more years, we might have gotten the monkey off our backs.

debtgraph.gif

Worse part is all they do is spend it on jails, wars and more bombs. Would be much better to build schools, hospitals, health care, non-nuclear infrastructure, alternative energy, subsidized mass transportation systems ...

If you can't find someone you want to vote for, run for office yourself.

Seems like only 'they' run for office. 'We' for some unknown reason don't run for office so we have to take with they give us.

One thing left, we all should get blued and tatooed. We're already screwed.

Peace. :rock:

Clinton was balancing his budget partly by raiding Social Security... we simply need higher taxes on the rich otherwise it will be impossible to ever balance the budget. They benefit in two ways with low top bracket tax rates (the rich make their income off investments and that is taxed at 15% capital gains, which is a lower than I paid when I made 5 bucks an hour). First, they pay a very low tax rate. Second, since those with the vast majority of wealth are paying a very low tax rate, the government can't raise enough money to function and has to borrow and pay interest to... guess who? The rich. The rich get rich off running us into the ground. :thumbsd:

Clinton was balancing his budget partly by raiding Social Security... we simply need higher taxes on the rich otherwise it will be impossible to ever balance the budget. They benefit in two ways with low top bracket tax rates (the rich make their income off investments and that is taxed at 15% capital gains, which is a lower rate than I paid when I made 5 bucks an hour). First, they pay a very low tax rate. Second, since those with the vast majority of wealth are paying a very low tax rate, the government can't raise enough money to function and has to borrow and pay interest to... guess who? The rich. The rich get rich off running us into the ground. :thumbsd:

Archived