Transplanting In Mid Flower

rockinlespaul

So I have this banana OG plant I'm growing for my fiance and I need to transplant it in to a bigger pot.

My problem is that its about a month or so into flower and I'd hate for it to hermie on me.

What do you think my chances are if I transplant very carefully?

This lady smells like banana's big time. Should be interesting...

Well if ya Must transplant it ,

I would carefully cut apart the Old pot for easier transferring of the plant into a larger pot, I would also use a Fabric Smart type pot & place the plant into the fabric pot with soil about 2 inches deep then place yer plant in the flattened fabric pot then pull the pot sides up & finish filling in the voids with new soil .

Feed Mildly & watter it in good & you'll be good to go . Just try & move the plant by gently lifting by the root ball ,,,

Good Luck ...

Well if ya Must transplant it ,

I would carefully cut apart the Old pot for easier transferring of the plant into a larger pot, I would also use a Fabric Smart type pot & place the plant into the fabric pot with soil about 2 inches deep then place yer plant in the flattened fabric pot then pull the pot sides up & finish filling in the voids with new soil .

Feed Mildly & watter it in good & you'll be good to go . Just try & move the plant by gently lifting by the root ball ,,,

Good Luck ...

She's in a pretty sturdy pot that would probably end up being a hassle to cut apart. I appreciate the tips though, thanks Dubliner.

I think I'm just going to grow her out and see how she does. The yield will suck but thats ok, it was a special strain she just wanted to try one time.

cut off the bottom and set it on a larger pot of dirt or place the 3 gal pot in a baking dish and use it to hold extra overflow water. You can add peroxide and use vinegar to lower ph and avoid root rot.

Great advice!

Standing water always scares me though, so if you go that route I'd just pay closer attention and water her more often. Your yield shouldn't suffer too much if everything else is in order.

Archived