Please Help: I Am A Caregiver For 1 Patient Which Has Ripped Me Off.

I am not new to growing, but am new to growing for someone else. I started to be a caregiver for a very good friend. When the first yeild was done, being an honest friend. I let my friend take the medication home with him in an agreement he would pay me back. He was a great friend & going through some family difficulties. He told me he would pay my donations back to me as soon as possable. Come to find out within 2 weeks after that delivary. I found out he took to exotic vacations. I called him he said he still did not have enough to help me out for my services. Make a long story short, I let hime go to my place to grab a few things before his (great vacations) to drop off a book I had loaned him. When I started looking around I noticed some of my very expensive chemicals/tool were missing. Now with all that being said I know there is nothing I can do, it was stupid of me to trust a good friend. My question I need some help on, is how do I removed him from my state id saying that I am caregiving for him. I talked to him he denies everything & said he called the state & they took him off so he is his own caregiver. I never recieved anything in the mail from the state on this matter. I seen him today with a guy i went to school with that grows, only to sell illegally to the street from the rumors i've heard. What I am scared about, is that he took all the donation money & everything that he owes me. Went into business with another guy, & now they are mass produceing to sell illegaly to the street. How do I protect myself in this matter & make sure I am not his caregiver anymore. I have read the state laws, but I have a hard time understanding the wording sometimes. Can someone please give me some advice on how to protect myself in this matter? AQny help would be appreciated & there is alot more to this story then what I put on here that scares me. I just wanted to get to the point for whoever reads this.ANy feedback is appreciated. Thank you for your time in reading this forum topic!!!!

Guest thequietone

Fill out the change form, Form and send into state removing you as his caregiver is the only thing I think you can do. It will cost you ten bucks to be rid of him.

said he called the state..

He lied, you need to use the change of caregiver form. You can find it here: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdch/Medical_Marihuana_Change_Form_3-27-09_272850_7.pdf

Thank you everybody for the replies. I will contact useing the info you have given me. The bad thing is now, is that I found out from a friend he is growing his allowed 12 at another caregivers house now. Even if I do pay the $10 & sign the form. Will I get into any kind of trouble while the state is processing this transaction if he gets busted by the police. Because honestly he is abuseing this law that protects us. Its just sad that people like this is why we will always have a fight on our hands to defend us the people who actually use it for medicinal purposes & follow the laws that are allowed to us. I just want to follow the laws so I can keep my medicine & not loose it from some idiot who is useing this law just to make money. Thank you all for the replies!!!!!

Guest Happy Guy

Thank you everybody for the replies. I will contact useing the info you have given me. The bad thing is now, is that I found out from a friend he is growing his allowed 12 at another caregivers house now. Even if I do pay the $10 & sign the form. Will I get into any kind of trouble while the state is processing this transaction if he gets busted by the police. Because honestly he is abuseing this law that protects us. Its just sad that people like this is why we will always have a fight on our hands to defend us the people who actually use it for medicinal purposes & follow the laws that are allowed to us. I just want to follow the laws so I can keep my medicine & not loose it from some idiot who is useing this law just to make money. Thank you all for the replies!!!!!

You have more chance of getting into trouble if you do nothing. Just send the change form in, certified mail, and keep copies. You are safer the minute that letter hits the mail system.

I'm not surprised he is growing somewhere else. After he stole the nutes and tools you had to know it. Why else would he have taken them?

Send in the change of caregiver form. I am pretty sure he needs to sign it. If he refuses to

sign it then send the change of caregiver form and add a signed letter stating he refuses to sign

the form.Also send a copy of caregivers ID/Drivers license and your actual caregiver card.

Send it all certified mail and keep copies. Make sure your plant counts and weights

are adjusted WITHOUT him being your patient and consider yourself rid of him at a fairly cheap

price. Karma will catch his donkey.

Here is a link to the thread. Look at third post down Wilf31 posted an email from MDCH.

Read the email again and make sure to follow it. If it were me I would also send the

patient a certified letter with return receipt informing him of your change.

Good luck to you my friend.

Here is your answer

I am not new to growing, but am new to growing for someone else. I started to be a caregiver for a very good friend. When the first yeild was done, being an honest friend. I let my friend take the medication home with him in an agreement he would pay me back. He was a great friend & going through some family difficulties. He told me he would pay my donations back to me as soon as possable. Come to find out within 2 weeks after that delivary. I found out he took to exotic vacations. I called him he said he still did not have enough to help me out for my services. Make a long story short, I let hime go to my place to grab a few things before his (great vacations) to drop off a book I had loaned him. When I started looking around I noticed some of my very expensive chemicals/tool were missing. Now with all that being said I know there is nothing I can do, it was stupid of me to trust a good friend. My question I need some help on, is how do I removed him from my state id saying that I am caregiving for him. I talked to him he denies everything & said he called the state & they took him off so he is his own caregiver. I never recieved anything in the mail from the state on this matter. I seen him today with a guy i went to school with that grows, only to sell illegally to the street from the rumors i've heard. What I am scared about, is that he took all the donation money & everything that he owes me. Went into business with another guy, & now they are mass produceing to sell illegaly to the street. How do I protect myself in this matter & make sure I am not his caregiver anymore. I have read the state laws, but I have a hard time understanding the wording sometimes. Can someone please give me some advice on how to protect myself in this matter? AQny help would be appreciated & there is alot more to this story then what I put on here that scares me. I just wanted to get to the point for whoever reads this.ANy feedback is appreciated. Thank you for your time in reading this forum topic!!!!

In order to have you removed he would of executed and mailed a "change form" to the State of Michigan. INSIST he provide you with a copy and proof of mailing that this "change form" was mailed and received along with the $10.00 fee. Keep the dated copy for your records and now you are in the clear. Again insist he give you proof that this was done.

Good Luck

Ok I have filled out everything & also included the money in check form to be mailed in today. I just got word that my patient is also growing at another persons house. Now i'm nervous as to how long this has been going on for. I'm scared he might have been double dipping if you know what I mean. Or since I have refused to caregive for him anymore he just thought he could start growing on his own. Even though this situation is out of my hands. Does anyone know if I can be held accountable for his actions? Or is there somewhere in the law that protects us caregivers?

he can not call the state and take you off,,lmao,,,,i wish i could call the state and at least leave a message! I gave up,,,fill ou the c.g atasation form,,pay the 10 bucks and drop the pt,,,you can do it with the same form he used to appoint you,,,you should have the copy of the old form,,,just fill out what your supposed to and make it clear you are dropping him only and keeping your own grow rites,,since you say you are a pt growing for your self,,,21 days after 10 buck check cashed dont have his plants or cured around,,,do p2p's or farmers markets,,what ever you are comfortable with!

Best of luck to ya,,,dont worry he cant hurt you if you follow the law,,,and you dont need to worry about him,,,,the state dont send you anything saying he dropped you,,it is upto pt,,,and i wouldnt send him poo poo,,just tell him your done,,forget your name and number,,tell him you have a c.g and dont grow any longer!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Good advice, You rock!!!! Thank you!!!

and here it is from the other link some one provided! this is rite from the horses email lol!

To: BHP-MMMPINFO

Subject: Drop a patient info needed

I am a CG and want to know how to drop a patient. I searched the MDCH MMP site and found no info for CG's dropping a patient only for a patient dropping a CG.

I need this info ASAP as this patient in now in jail and will be for some time. Thanks

MDCH REPLY*************************************************************************************

I sincerely apologize for the lengthy delay in response. As I'm sure you can imagine, we are extremely busy here in our department.

If the patient is not willing to (or cannot) complete the Change Form to remove a caregiver, the caregiver can submit a completed Change Form to remove him/herself as a patient’s primary caregiver. This must be submitted with a signed letter stating the patient was unwilling to submit the form him/herself, along with the $10 fee, photo ID of caregiver, and return of their caregiver registry ID card.

Regards,

Melissa M. Peters

Medical Marihuana Program Coordinator

Health Regulatory Division, Bureau of Health Professions

----------------------------------

Peace

FTW

Jim

Did I understand that last part right. I have to give up my medical card?

yep just your c.g card with his name on it,,not your pt card! k? yea you send in waht it says including your c.g card with his name on it!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Actually I think i got what ur saying, but the only thing is. I still have my original pt card. I have been growing for him since roughly february & I never recieved another card. Could he have been denied & I might not have known it? Now i'm nervous

Something similar might have happened to me. I had a patient got copies of the the paper work, but never received a card or a notice that she was no longer my patient. I figure she had something going under the table. I now insist that I be there or that I see the orig paper work and then I mail it myself.

All the other advice is good. The only thing I have a concern about is that this person knows where you live. You might want to up security.

First of all, a phone call would not do it, Mr. XXX would have had to send in a change form. The change is not something you would have had to sign.

Second, neither the patient nor the State is obligated to notify a caregiver that they have been removed of replaced.

Save your butt. Send back your caregiver card along with a detailed letter stating that you are no longer serving as Mr. XXX caregiver. I think the State might also want $10. I wouldn’t send it, let that fall on the patient.

Then get rid of whatever material you may have in your procession.

If you are also a patient, just send in the caregiver card.

Understand that the patient has an arrangement with the State, while the caregiver has an arrangement with the patient.

Archived