Whats The Best Meds You Have Ever Had?

wolfgang

SO Im wondering after being a farmers wife for the past two yrs,and he's a good farmer at that. But those of us who were fortunate to grow up in the 70's,well WOW nothing even compares to that kind of medicine,or maybe we havent come across the right strain yet,it's killer that he grows,but it's not cheech and chong product. So tell me what is your favorite that might compare to the nostalgic forbidden medicine from yesteryear's........

I'd have to sweettooth and the OG are close but still it doesnt quite get you to the mountain top.....

1975... red bud, it would make my eyes bleed so bad... my mother busted me that year too, ive been a outcast ever since :(

haha yeah thats what im talking about!! and when you sit in the parking lot trying to figure why you havent gone anywhere(keys not in ignition),what kind of meds are out there today that even compare to these days,do you have a favorite med of 2011 that you can even say is close??

I don't put a lot of credence into the belief that it was stronger stuff back then, i think it is more like that was when we were all lightweights. lol Thirty-fourty years later we're all a little bit jaded in this persuasion. I do miss the Thai sticks [that the troops filled their duffle bags with] before heading home from 'Nam...

Some of the best I have had recently was a strain called "Afgooey", got it from the dryden dispensary about a year ago. It just blew me down, 2 hits was all i needed. I have searched for a cut of this strain but to no avail :-/

There are some very very strong ones out there ..

I visited the club over in Flint, one day last year...I received a gift of something called Apollo 13 from a friend. Hours afterward I was still "climbing", the strongest reaction I've had from any cannabis in my over 40 years of smoking...one day I'll grow that strain myself and see if it was just a fluke...or the real deal... Peace ... j.b.

In 97 I visited Honolulu area for a few months. Once I smoked a couple hits, and a friend kept telling me something but I couldn't understand...

I thought he said "Put Vaseline in your eyes"... I was like, What?! He was telling me to use some VISINE. :lol:

Ahh, loved Hawaii...

I think what we are remembering was the difference in types as sativas were what was going around back then and now it's indicas. Different types of effects from each, and there are not too many 100% sativas going on now due to the long flower times, and general difficulty of growing it indoors. And some of it could be, associating good times with good smoke. In the 70's I was a different person, locked, cocked, and ready to rock. Now it's dr appointments, bills and dealing with family problems.

And our regs were awfull so anything that was special really stood out like thai stick, pannama red, the columbians gold and red, the mauwi wowie and the like....shredder

I don't put a lot of credence into the belief that it was stronger stuff back then, i think it is more like that was when we were all lightweights. lol Thirty-fourty years later we're all a little bit jaded in this persuasion. I do miss the Thai sticks [that the troops filled their duffle bags with] before heading home from 'Nam...

Thats about how I was thinking.Somer pot today blows the 70's pot away.,and if you don tthink so you havent had the right strains

Not many landrace sativa strains around today. 24 weeks flower time and 20+ ft tall.

Yesterday's favorites of mine were just to get high:

Gold bud of 60s & 70s. Nothing else tastes like that did.

Red bud of the 60s & 70s.

Thai sticks of the 60s & 70s.

Nam Weed/Monkey Paw of the 70s.

Black finger hash of the 70s & 80s.

Modern day are favorites are for a different reason. Pain relief from spinal nerve damage & the torture of MS.

O.G. Kush

Sharksbreath

Kush #18

Kush Hash

Hash oil or Earwax. Actually any pure Kush if grown properly will turn your chair into quicksand.

Good topic. Brings back some wonderful memories. :thumbsu:

Well I grew up in the 70's but I was a bit young to be smoking then. It wasn't until the late 80's that I found my ally in the sacred herb. The first time I ever smoked it was joint after bowl after joint after bowl in a large group of older friends. I started feeling it maybe half an hour later when the walls started breathing. My friend and mentor took me aside and showed me a bud that was dark green with a glassy coating of resin. He said "Dude, this might be the best pot you will ever smoke in your life." We smoked it and I had a full-on psychedelic trip that I will never forget. Total brain orgasm for hours and hours. I was still stoned off my asss the next day after school. What an introduction! What strain was it? I don't know but if I was a betting man I would put my money on Neville's Haze.

Well I grew up in the 70's but I was a bit young to be smoking then. It wasn't until the late 80's that I found my ally in the sacred herb. The first time I ever smoked it was joint after bowl after joint after bowl in a large group of older friends. I started feeling it maybe half an hour later when the walls started breathing. My friend and mentor took me aside and showed me a bud that was dark green with a glassy coating of resin. He said "Dude, this might be the best pot you will ever smoke in your life." We smoked it and I had a full-on psychedelic trip that I will never forget. Total brain orgasm for hours and hours. I was still stoned off my asss the next day after school. What an introduction! What strain was it? I don't know but if I was a betting man I would put my money on Neville's Haze.

Yep, sounds just like my first time smoking. Who knows what that was though.

I smoked some really nice Buddahs Sister in 97. A year or 2 earlier i had some stuff that looked like a pinecone and was Amazing !

Im not that old. :P

the best i have ever had is the one i am now nurturing and using everyday,

it's called Northern Michigan strawberry now and i can't begin to tell you how it's changed my life over the past 10-12 weeks.

it wakes me up in the morning and gets me neck deep in the relief, but without the "anti-productive" couch-lock. many folks need the couch-lock effects of the stronger indicas, but for my nausea and discomfort there's nothing better than this strawberry...

its mostly sativa... but defiantly has a indica mixed into it.

gallery_8052_661_292297.jpg

Archived