Whats The Best Meds You Have Ever Had?

wolfgang

the best i have ever had is the one i am now nurturing and using everyday,

it's called Northern Michigan strawberry now and i can't begin to tell you how it's changed my life over the past 10-12 weeks.

it wakes me up in the morning and gets me neck deep in the relief, but without the "anti-productive" couch-lock. many folks need the couch-lock effects of the stronger indicas, but for my nausea and discomfort there's nothing better than this strawberry...

its mostly sativa... but defiantly has a indica mixed into it.

gallery_8052_661_292297.jpg

most of our garden is sativa's and I get where your coming from hubby uses a strain that we cant tell you exactly where it coms from but its an 80's seed,well that seed got hermied with bc37 and NL,that will always be in his garden,it def has improved the quality of his life.

He keeps it in his system daily at his last blood work his good cholesterol was 87 and his good cholestrol was 100 crazy good!! he looks good on paper(it's our little joke)because his body is worn and torn,but they wanted to put him on all sorts of crap for cholesterol and the only thing diff he has done is make sure that strain his in his system ,thats the only thing he's done is use more of that strain.... Sativa's though are underrated,give me a sativa anyday:)

none of the meds of the 70's come close to the weed we are getting today! Mich weed is the best! come on,,I been smoking since 69 i have never had so much good smoke available to me as i do now,,nothing compares to any of the strains i have smoked lately,,,but one comes to mind from the 70's it was called black african,,,it was seedy as all get up,,lil stems barely any smokable weed out of a nickle bag,,but omg you could not hardly hack it down or up,,but a few puffss and we were stupid,,,,but was it because i was young,,and it was a good strain for the time,(minus all the darn seeds lol) or was it realy as good as some of the stuff i been growing/ smoking for the last 20 yrs,,,,Im thinkin our smoke is much better than the days of old!

Peace

FTW

Jim

• 3 months later...

My all time favorite was a plant we called "The Pluton" back in the mid to late 80s. But now a days, my favorite and most potent is my Ed Rosenthals "Superbud"!! The finest blends of Indicas and Sativas from around the world. Phenominal flavor and a buzz that will set ya down for a few!!! My Green Crack is a very close second! Thanks, Medcnman.

Thats the problem with those crazy strains back in the day....bunny muffin was dif, as in you were. I know ill get all kinds of flack from the old hippies who swear up n down that match stick size pinner of some hay imported from all the way from timfucttwo would just floor a whole van full of kids....dont get me wrong i believe you... hell the mexican commercial weed (same stuff dif generation) just blew me away in jr high..... the problem is that some people become condition to expect every thing to be like it was back n the day, and it never will be....sadly will be likely to miss out on truly enjoying some good meds, as its not that scraggly stuff from the 70s that just blew your mind.....as a kid.

Best ive had was the original working of ak 47 and various cheeses

none of the meds of the 70's come close to the weed we are getting today! Mich weed is the best! come on,,I been smoking since 69 i have never had so much good smoke available to me as i do now,,nothing compares to any of the strains i have smoked lately,,,but one comes to mind from the 70's it was called black african,,,it was seedy as all get up,,lil stems barely any smokable weed out of a nickle bag,,but omg you could not hardly hack it down or up,,but a few puffss and we were stupid,,,,but was it because i was young,,and it was a good strain for the time,(minus all the darn seeds lol) or was it realy as good as some of the stuff i been growing/ smoking for the last 20 yrs,,,,Im thinkin our smoke is much better than the days of old!

Peace

FTW

Jim

thanks you jim for your honesty... :thumbsu:

I don't put a lot of credence into the belief that it was stronger stuff back then, i think it is more like that was when we were all lightweights. lol Thirty-fourty years later we're all a little bit jaded in this persuasion. I do miss the Thai sticks [that the troops filled their duffle bags with] before heading home from 'Nam...

I agree, it's the "good old days" all over again. Just look at all of the sophisticated breeding going on all over the world today. Creating new stable strains takes a long time, and I seriously doubt that cannabis of days of yore has anything on today's medical grade stuff.

Time (and other things) dulls our memories. Plus the sheer novelty of consuming mj is long gone - when was the last time you had uncontrollable giggles??

I think it is easier to find and cheaper to aquire potent strains now . Fresh real morocan hash or chocolatte as they called it to the North in Southern Spain would be of great medicinal use to me now . I was inspired by the decriminalization there to try it legally at the time . I had a illness while there and went to a emergency room and was told no charge thats what we do here in socialized medicine . It was run like the military with constripted service . I went to a pharmacy asking for a over the counter medication to help me with a stomach flue and was told you can have anything except narcotics by just describing a reasonable need . I was sold a antibiotic without a Doctors visit and a presecription after a discusion with the pharmacist whom explained this saved time and money freeing up Doctors and the hospital for more serious matters . If you knew your problem and what drug treated it and the pharmacist was in agreement that what you wanted made sense they provided it without the Doctors visit and script . Of course with proper warnings if things didnt' improve . I imagined they didnt' have a tort system like ours .

I don't know how it works now that was 1984 but Spain impressed me with their single payer socialized health care system . Their Country self insured itself and visitors bancruptcy from health care then was not a worry as it is here . Yet there was terrible poverty there at the time . I saw box and wooden crate cities . The largest and most visible I saw was on the outskirts of Toledo . I guess to qoute Milton Friedman " there is no such thing as a free lunch ." But it sure was nice to have all the effort spent on ones malady and not on finding insurance numbers , proper forms and argueing over whats coverred . I guess that was done somewhere else out of site and mind of the public .

This article might encourage a few of the cancer patients because it showcases two cancer survivors . It covers the recent Be a Hero at the bighouse blood , and organ doner event recently held in Ann Arbor .

http://www.heritage....f1345573590.txt

From a thread here on how patients are denied transplants due to mm use

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/35462-travesty-cedars-sinai-denies-transplant-to-medical-marijuana-patient/page__pid__339581#entry339581

well i would have to say the best was from the big island it came in a dole pineapples can had a buddy that used to get a case a month back then from the big island that was in the 70s now up to date i would have to say i am not sure what is the best. as of yet.

I hear about this "ol school" stuff from a bunch of family members....but I chalk it up to younger and less remembered times... You were not as "experienced" a smoker, so it seems "Soooooooo strong". Kind of like how things seemed bigger, times were easier, and the whole walking uphill both ways to school... Its all perspective.

but its hard to think old strains tasted or smoked better, since now people breed for those characteristics....the strength issue on the other hand, I am from the school of thought that Strong in the 70's is Strong in 20XX, I doubt we ever see a 50% THC strain, EVER!!

Remember the times when you had to always clean the seeds out of your smoke? We used to make our own de-seeding boards for home use but on the road we would use whatever was available, a plate from the kitchen, or a shoebox, or maybe an album cover; remember those times? WOW !!!

Ok here goes. I have always been partial to red strains. Jamaicans red,panama red, red haired columbian. All great strains from the. past. However, I had a sack of Sour Paw(MonkeyPaw x ECSD) last year OMFG I was freaking Baked for like 4 hours. Couldn't control it either. Incessant smiling, uncontrollable laughter. What a trip back to 1981.

Fantastic stuff. Wish I could find a cut of that. :-)

Remember the times when you had to always clean the seeds out of your smoke? We used to make our own de-seeding boards for home use but on the road we would use whatever was available, a plate from the kitchen, or a shoebox, or maybe an album cover; remember those times? WOW !!!

Gatefold album covers so that the seeds would collect in the fold. King Crimson's first album "highly" recommended.

z

Archived