Can Someone Give Advice?

Jing

Okay, I suppose my issue isn't rare, but it seems complicated to me.

I am currently in Adrian Michigan. I am unemployed, living with friends out of the kindness of their hearts, and do not have the money to renew my state ID.

I have clinical depression, and have been on meds for it for over a year. I have found that the meds have not done as much for me as I would like, and as money is becoming tight, I haven't been able to get the next months supply.

My depression effects my every day life. It causes severe insomnia, chronic nausea, and chronic and severe pain in my chest.

I do not have any insurance.

I was hoping that someone could help me find a doctor or clinic near me (within a 1 hour drive) that can recommend marijuana for me. In occasional self medication, I've been the most at ease that I've ever been, able to think rationally, and have had no pain. If I were able to become a MM patient, I would be essentially able to grow my own medicine, thereby not having to worry about affording the thing that keeps me willing to live.

Thank you, I hope that someone can help me.

check with the compassionate care clinic in Adrian,I believe they are having a doctor there next saturday,call them and ask them what you need to bring with you,not sure what they charge I think I heard either a hundred bucks,or maybe 75 to see the doc.

Good luck

Jing, finding a balance with anti-depressive meds is no fun. it makes many people feel like guinea pigs. i would recommend NOT going off the anti-depressants, and try to hold on if possible. I have not heard of wide-spread cases of cannabis replacing anti-depressants. Augmenting the meds with cannabis can be very beneficial in some cases. but please be wary of ridding yourself of the anti-depressants right away. if you do HAVE TO get off of them, please 'titrate' (wean off) yourself from them, and not go 'cold turkey'. That approach can cause very bad reactions in some people.

The meds don't help as much as they could. They make me not feel like myself. I don't have the money to continue getting my prescription, so I've been weaning myself off all month.

Even with the meds, though, I still had the chest pains, I just would feel happier. but not quite, like I was in a fog. I was still anxious and depressed, but I was very zombie like. I don't like it. I don't feel like me.

Do you know what I mean?

Hi Jing. Call your local compassion club and ask about assistance for your certification. Not all offer help, but our local group, GTCC, uses some of what they get from member donations to sponsor needy patients. There is a level of need that must be met, but maybe you would qualify. I wish you well.

Jing, finding a balance with anti-depressive meds is no fun. it makes many people feel like guinea pigs. i would recommend NOT going off the anti-depressants, and try to hold on if possible. I have not heard of wide-spread cases of cannabis replacing anti-depressants. Augmenting the meds with cannabis can be very beneficial in some cases. but please be wary of ridding yourself of the anti-depressants right away. if you do HAVE TO get off of them, please 'titrate' (wean off) yourself from them, and not go 'cold turkey'. That approach can cause very bad reactions in some people.

I agree! I've been on antidepressants a long time, at one point the doc had me try to increase dose but it made me sick.. so I stay on a "low dose". Thing is, if I forget to take one, even at my low dose, I really notice a difference - crying over nothing, anger at husband over nothing. It is not good to stop them cold turkey, even if they don't seem to help much...

In the past, I got patient assistance from the medicine companies because I am low income - you can find out how by Googling the company name that makes your med. and "Patient Assistance Program" ("Pfizer Patient assistance program" for example). It should take you to directions on how to get free or discounted medicine. There's a short form to fill out and you'll need a doctor to fill part out.

Okay, I suppose my issue isn't rare, but it seems complicated to me.

I am currently in Adrian Michigan. I am unemployed, living with friends out of the kindness of their hearts, and do not have the money to renew my state ID.

I have clinical depression, and have been on meds for it for over a year. I have found that the meds have not done as much for me as I would like, and as money is becoming tight, I haven't been able to get the next months supply.

My depression effects my every day life. It causes severe insomnia, chronic nausea, and chronic and severe pain in my chest.

I do not have any insurance.

I was hoping that someone could help me find a doctor or clinic near me (within a 1 hour drive) that can recommend marijuana for me. In occasional self medication, I've been the most at ease that I've ever been, able to think rationally, and have had no pain. If I were able to become a MM patient, I would be essentially able to grow my own medicine, thereby not having to worry about affording the thing that keeps me willing to live.

Thank you, I hope that someone can help me.

unless you plan on growing out doors ilegaly! your gonna need a bit of $ for getting started,,and im not talking a month of med $ try maybe a yrs worth of med cash and maybe you can get an iniside grow going!

Plus you state you are living with friends out of the kindness of their heart,,,are they going to supply you with a room and electricity out of the kindness of their heart!

Good luck!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Let me just bluster in here and suggest that perhaps your chronic depression could be partially alleviated by finding some type of work to do- even if it is shoveling dog crap, mowing lawns, or even picking up somebody's house for a few hours per week. This would also more than provide you some money to get certified and some to spend. Now I don't advocate working under the table :rolleyes: but these lower level of jobs are always available. We used to call them "opportunities" and are now called 'jobs American's won't do.'

When you get certified you will notice the astounding number of jobs that have been created by the medical marijuana industry.

Sure working for minimum wage sucks but here's a little factoid to chew on: AFTER I graduated from law school there was a time when I could not find a job (it was right in the middle of the post-Gulf War I recession and I had just passed the bar- didn't even know how to file a case at that point)and so I worked for a couple of months doing data entry at $7.00 per hour. You might guess I deferred my $90,000 in student loans during that time. :lol: I wasn't desperate for money- my wife was already making big bucks at a silver-slipper firm. I just did it because you do whatever it takes to support yourself.

You can do it also and I sincerely hope I am not the first to tell you that. :sword:

I have absolutely no problem with working, even minimum wage. I wish I COULD find a job. My name's in various temp agencies and I weekly do a job and application hunt.

I do some free work to fill up my time, I draw comics. It hasn't made any money yet, but we're hoping that we can build a larger fan base. I also do various freelance jobs, drawing whatever for people.

I don't know enough people in my area to do odd jobs. When I was going to college I had professors that would sometimes have small jobs for me, but they were few and far between.

Thanks, though. I appreciate the words of encouragement.

• 1 month later...

I have absolutely no problem with working, even minimum wage. I wish I COULD find a job. My name's in various temp agencies and I weekly do a job and application hunt.

I do some free work to fill up my time, I draw comics. It hasn't made any money yet, but we're hoping that we can build a larger fan base. I also do various freelance jobs, drawing whatever for people.

I don't know enough people in my area to do odd jobs. When I was going to college I had professors that would sometimes have small jobs for me, but they were few and far between.

Thanks, though. I appreciate the words of encouragement.

Theres an old saying, "If you throw enough bunny muffin against the wall, some of it might stick". Point is, DON'T Stop trying. I haven't. Not until they start shoveling in the dirt on my grave!!

Can you do art like this guy? http://en.wikipedia..../J._S._G._Boggs

I have no art ability but it is amazing how talented some people are . The first medical cannabis patient I met could draw anything he could imagine free hand . He needed to make money and sign painting was where he ended up .If you have never considered it that may be a area to talk to someone with a established business for employment . Election years are good years for ones associated wtih advertising . . Though sadly computers assist allot of design now ,people with natural talent are still in demand .

@Mememe : I suppose I could do art like that guy if someone wanted me to, but I never have in the past.

@Croppled1 : I think natural talent has to be there for anyone to make any real art. But anyone can practice and get better and get skill.

@RnJoe : I haven't given up yet! I have got a holiday job, actually, ringing bells for Salvation Army. It won't be starting until November, but it's something to look forward to and save money from.

@Mememe : I suppose I could do art like that guy if someone wanted me to, but I never have in the past.

@Croppled1 : I think natural talent has to be there for anyone to make any real art. But anyone can practice and get better and get skill.

@RnJoe : I haven't given up yet! I have got a holiday job, actually, ringing bells for Salvation Army. It won't be starting until November, but it's something to look forward to and save money from.

I think you might have missed the point, maybe. I was pretty amused however. :D

the work is out there, you just have to be willing to a) find it, b)leave the couch long enough to do it, and c) actually show up and do it.

there are places everywhere hiring, and i guarantee you could find a job if you wanted to. you might have to make yourself look presentable and actually interested in doing the work, before they will hire you, though. my step son "couldn't find a job" for a year and a half, even though i'd drive by mcdonald's, taco bell, walmart, meijer, and everyone was hiring. there is a large company in the area hiring production workers, starting out 12 bucks an hour! he's got a job at a burger joint making 7.50/hr, but that is covering what he needs to pay right now, so he's not interested in working any harder than he has to.

between my student loans, bills that added up while i went to school (i was an adult when i went back to school, and adults have real bills; not just cellphone and gas for the car), i'm still paying out most of the money i make, and i'm making a decent living. definitely above poverty level.

unless, of course, you're planning on becoming a millionaire selling your overages to dispensaries (i had a relative that thought he was going to do that).

don't mean to be hard on ya, but you sound like my stepson with his 10 reasons for not doing every 1 thing i suggest. my advice would not be to you, but to your mom -"give your son a swift kick in the rear to light a fire under his arse"

advice to you - get a job, do something for yourself and maybe your depression with lessen. i suffer from depression and mood disorders. i found quite often I was making my depression worse, focusing on how schittie i had it.

if you truly are on meds for your depression, i would highly suggest not just quitting them. you think you're depressed now? you more than likely don't know how well they are helping.

you also need to take them every day. not just when you think about it. most have a cumulative affect.

if you can't afford to pay, maybe you shouldn't play. the $135 for your card would be the least of your expenses with using mmj. it is not a cheap medicine. unless, of course, you are already planning how to mooch it

Depression isn't covered in our law in MI but a qualifying condition will get you certified. I know how well it helps with depression.

As far as work goes, I wish I could work. Working has a way of helping to boost self confidence. When I was able to work, it eased my depression a little. Most problems that cause depression are due to how people treat us, and what we put into our bodies.

I wish you the Best.

Sincerely, Sb

• 1 month later...

No, most problems with depression (and unemployment, and just about every other major problem) are caused by HOW WE RESPOND TO ADVERSITY.

You have no control (or little control) over how people 'treat you.' You have TOTAL control over how you respond to that treatment.

I tend to agree with the poster who says that there ARE jobs available to the able bodied. OK if you are disabled it may be tough or impossible to find a job. But you really can't find a minimum wage job when you have the wherewithal to compose and type these well thought out responses? Finding a job does not mean you respond to an ad every couple of weeks. Finding a job IS a job and requires you to be on the pavement and surfing the net EVERY DAY ALL DAY until you make enough contacts to network yourself into a position. My good buddies unemployment ran out and he had 5 job offers in as many days just from networking and he is in Detroit. OK he is a salesman and a gulf war veteran with a cheerful disposition but he is not very bright and he never spent a day in college.

You are underselling yourself big time.

Depression isn't covered in our law in MI but a qualifying condition will get you certified. I know how well it helps with depression.

As far as work goes, I wish I could work. Working has a way of helping to boost self confidence. When I was able to work, it eased my depression a little. Most problems that cause depression are due to how people treat us, and what we put into our bodies.

I wish you the Best.

Sincerely, Sb

Since I started treating for severe chronic pain which is a qualified condition I have been on many medications . I had never known mental pain before that . Since the Law doesn't distinguish from physical and mental pain which depression is there must be some decent Doctors whom will recommend it for depression or severe mental pain .

If I had severe mental pain I would at least try obtaining a comprehensive blood panel . Were like plants we need our PH or hormones and vitamens right and medications , illness or injury can throw those things off . For many people they just aren't stable . I am so suprised Doctors do not measure physical and mental pain seperate .

Since I started treating for severe chronic pain which is a qualified condition I have been on many medications . I had never known mental pain before that . Since the Law doesn't distinguish from physical and mental pain which depression is there must be some decent Doctors whom will recommend it for depression or severe mental pain .

If I had severe mental pain I would at least try obtaining a comprehensive blood panel . Were like plants we need our PH or hormones and vitamens right and medications , illness or injury can throw those things off . For many people they just aren't stable . I am so suprised Doctors do not measure physical and mental pain seperate .

this is a very good point!! I wish more ppl with depression would seek this option out. Hubby got qualified for chronic pain,however since using on a regular,frequent basis his depression has improved,now this could be more than just the mmj,it could be the light therapy,or just the growing therapy alone can improve mood,Im sure its a combo. I know one thing the depression meds the doc tried him on NEVER worked,hubby hated them. the sativa's improve his mood greatly along with the added benefits of growing = happy wife too:)

Archived