Compassion Clubs Will Be Left In The Dust

Compassion Clubs  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Are non profit compassion clubs still needed?

• Yes, I like the free info and classes they give
    • No, can't score any meds there
    • No, not really we have dispensaries now
    • Yes, This is how I network to get my meds cheaper

Hi, My name is Jack and many of you know me in the community and some could care less who I am. What I am is a compassionate person when it comes to our medical marijuana laws. When this law first came about in Michigan there were only a few ways to get access to the info. Either by coming to MMMA site and forum to talk about it or start a compassion club in your local community and take the info to the cities.

At first there was compassion clubs popping up all over the State and filling library's, halls and churches with a lot of interested people wanting to know about this new law that was voted upon by 63% of our population. We had lawyers, doctors, teachers and every day folks like you and I. Everyone shared info with everybody. It was a very closeness feeling back then. Now how many non profit Compassion Clubs are left in the State of Michigan that you know still have regular public and private meetings?

What happened from then and now?I think once people figured out what they could from the compassion clubs they took that info and started their own compassionate centers or dispensary s and instead of giving info for free they started charging for it. Instead of looking for multi caregivers or patients to distribute medicine they want to be the sole distributor of said medicines. So now they have their own interest at heart and business model to protect.

I remember going to all the new start ups for compassion clubs there was so much excitement about the new laws and the possibilities that could come of it. We never figured in the plans back then what to do when and if the legislators didn't see eye to eye with us and our new law. Most back then were saying no way could changes come about because it would take a super majority vote.

Well now look at where were at. People now are saying they can get 75% majority vote. So where will that leave compassion clubs when said and done. I don't think we will end up with a law that favors us. And that's a shame considering what the clubs once stood for.

I really do enjoy still going to all the compassion clubs activities and events. I know we try and host one a month and other clubs have similar type activities also.

Just wondering what kind of activities will be left for patients in the end when all is said and done. Who really is looking out for us and our well being and not just our wallets?

Please support all non profit compassion club as they do bust their butts for the patients in mind. And if they are gone I do think I will miss them the most. I've meet so many good people from them. Such a close family feeling when you truly belong to one of these kinds of models.

Good luck finding a non profit compassion club in the future.

Just wondering what kind of activities will be left for patients in the end when all is said and done. Who really is looking out for us and our well being and not just our wallets?

I recently attended my 1st MOCC event, and joined right away. You guys are good people. I plan on being there for the next one as well. (BTW I have a ton of donations for your food bank if you would like them.)

Something that stuck out in my mind from my first CC meeting ever was when we were playing bingo. The number call said: I wish these politicians and law enforcement people, that are so against us could see us right now. We're just regular good people up there trying to live without fear, and suffering. We can't let them take that away from us.

I started the BACC back in April of '09, ran monthly meetings for nearly 2 1/2 years and averaged 50 - 100 people at each meeting. We only had meetings where medicating was allowed when we had our own building, a total of 3 meetings. Since we left our building we've only met once, but it was well attended. On average I would say that 30 - 40 percent of the participants of each meeting were absolute new people. So, yes, I still see a need for compassion clubs, and Mr. Jones will have to throw my donkey in jail before I give up our right to assemble. As long as we enforce the "no medicating" rules, there is nothing in the bills introduced to stop us that is legal. I spent a year in the jungle country of Vietnam defending Americans' right to assemble, and will fight 'the forces of evil' right here in the country-side of our homeland to defend our rights as Americans to assemble in peace. And so, beginning in September, we are going to once again start holding monthly meeting, in public spaces and to he(double hockey sticks) with all the Jones's out there, no if's, ands or buts about it.

Come on down to a meeting, Sunday Sept. 18th at the VFW hall in Brighton...that will be our first meeting since May when all of the main players of the BACC simply collapsed from sheer exhaustion...it'll be good to be back at it.

For more info on the meeting please check out our site, listed below.

Peace and Respect .... j.b.

I'd love to start a CC, or at least a support group for the MM community. I tried working with someone and the whole thing fell apart before it could really have a chance to grow. I attended 2 events where I met some wonderful CC members when I went downstate. The bbq in Care was one of the happiest times I've ever had. I wished I could live near them so I could go more often.

My heart is sunk over all this. Compassion is being made into a dirty word by our opponents. This is so wrong, so sad, and so un-American. Since coming to this site, I've seen more compassion than I have seen in all the years of my life. What the world needs now is Compassion- the very thing they're trying to turn into a crime. I was saying a similar thing like the bingo caller was, while I was at the Loft and at Clare, "If only they could see we are just regular people, talking, laughing, being with each other, having fun, the only difference is our choice of medicine."

When I'm no longer a pt, I'll be unable to attend many of those events anyway, but I will still fight for the right to have the clubs. I like the original model, though I do understand the need for the ones that allow meds; I'd still like to have a support group, too.

ON A SIDE NOTE: I wish I could contact Jb so he can help me solve a mystery. For some reason the system won't let me, and I lost his phone #. Oh well. :(

Sb

Not one step back! Thanks, Bb

You know it. We only move forward! Thanks for all you do BB. :goodjob: You sure do get around!

We only medicate at private meetings and private events for patients and caregivers. Where we usually set up a med tent.

And when people are gone for long periods of time then of course they need to medicate. The law says we must do it privately and that's what we are trying to do. Do they expect patients to be home bound 24/7?

"They want us to withdraw to the dark abyss and suffer in silence." --- blueberry

Kind of like psychological warfare.... try to make us feel ashamed of what we're doing even though it's legal, and not harming anyone. They want us conditioned to sit in our house passively, not fighting back while they try to destroy our law.

Plus, if we are sitting around home alone, we are not out talking to people, showing them that this medicine works, letting them see we are normal people just like them.

It would be much easier for the Bill Schuettes of the world, if we just sit home and do nothing while they take all our rights away.

"They want us to withdraw to the dark abyss and suffer in silence." --- blueberry

Kind of like psychological warfare.... try to make us feel ashamed of what we're doing even though it's legal, and not harming anyone. They want us conditioned to sit in our house passively, not fighting back while they try to destroy our law.

Plus, if we are sitting around home alone, we are not out talking to people, showing them that this medicine works, letting them see we are normal people just like them.

It would be much easier for the Bill Schuettes of the world, if we just sit home and do nothing while they take all our rights away.

Right on. To bad it's not working on us! I've never once felt ashamed only of my government the way they are handling this law.

• 1 month later...

Maybe we won't be left in the dust after all. Today we have survived another day to hold another compassion club meeting. We may have to operate like traveling gypsies on a long narrow road but we must move forward with every inch that we can take.

We have now registered over 100,000 patients in Michigan in less then 3 years. How can we keep them all safe? Who will they turn to, to help guide them through the process to get their meds safely and to help keep them out of jail and out of harms way?

My guess is we need to have more compassion clubs throughout the state. We need more meetings to keep patients and caregivers updated and safely networked. MMMA vision that we needed non profit compassion clubs was no joke. We need them more so now then ever.

Please if you have time and a couple friends try and start a compassion club in your city or county. They can't stop us from holding public meetings. We started holding ours in library's at first but did find a hall to rent each 3rd wed. of the month. Some library's are free some not. We would put a donation jar out to help off set the cost we were occurring.

You will also want to register a name and get non profit papers started after you get rolling along. And when you get enough members attending you will find that they will want to help also. Use any help offered. It takes a team to run our club and if not for volunteers we would not exist. Once you have enough volunteers then you can hold fund raisers to have events for patients and caregivers to keep everyone safely networked through the club.

There is plenty help here all you have to do is ask and I'm sure any of the club leaders will help you get started. Good luck .. We need everyone to get involved.

And if you don't have time to run a club then try and volunteer to help with one if one is near you.

We must strive for unity!

Peace

I could'nt Agree More " ProPlayer420 "

I was So Prowd of last nights Atlanta Compassion Club Meeting ...

The parking lot was Full .... :thumbsu:

I was So Thankful to John & Bethany ...

" northerngal " from Alpine Medical Cannibis Society ....

and All those that Supported us last Night ....

I truely believe people are seeing the Importance

of these meetings ....

Getting these Clubs to start supporting each other and

working in the Same direction to help the Patients ...

Helping the Caregivers ....

Doing everything we can to Protect each other and

to know the current laws ... and How to Protect themselfs ...

Educating / Teaching anyone that wants to learn to Grow ...

Making sure Patients know where they can get Safe ,

Quality Meds at .....

and your 100 % Correct ...

I can't do it w/out Volunteers , Friends & Family ....

and Yes ... Unity is very Important

Great Post " ProPlayer420 "

Thank You for All You do .... :bighug:

Keep up the great work you guys. You guys rock at the Atlanta and Birmingham Compassion Clubs. Would love to see all us compassion club leaders get together over some coffee or tea and chat a spell about how we can become better united. Not sure how many actual Non - Profit clubs are still holding monthly meetings. But I do know we need more.

See ya soon Tarzan same with you Zap. We need to keep em rolling . No pun intended.!! :sword::goodjob::thumbsu:

OK...if legally certified Patients aren't allowed to medicate at a private club then, the eagles, elks, VFW's, and every other social club in Michigan has to stop allowing members to inject insulin and or take pills.

VOTE..VOTE..VOTE..

If you don't want Michigan to continue acting like a communist controlled banana republic VOTE/RECALL OUR ENEMIES OUT OF OFFICE!!

Hi, My name is Jack and many of you know me in the community and some could care less who I am. What I am is a compassionate person when it comes to our medical marijuana laws. When this law first came about in Michigan there were only a few ways to get access to the info. Either by coming to MMMA site and forum to talk about it or start a compassion club in your local community and take the info to the cities.

At first there was compassion clubs popping up all over the State and filling library's, halls and churches with a lot of interested people wanting to know about this new law that was voted upon by 63% of our population. We had lawyers, doctors, teachers and every day folks like you and I. Everyone shared info with everybody. It was a very closeness feeling back then. Now how many non profit Compassion Clubs are left in the State of Michigan that you know still have regular public and private meetings?

What happened from then and now?I think once people figured out what they could from the compassion clubs they took that info and started their own compassionate centers or dispensary s and instead of giving info for free they started charging for it. Instead of looking for multi caregivers or patients to distribute medicine they want to be the sole distributor of said medicines. So now they have their own interest at heart and business model to protect.

I remember going to all the new start ups for compassion clubs there was so much excitement about the new laws and the possibilities that could come of it. We never figured in the plans back then what to do when and if the legislators didn't see eye to eye with us and our new law. Most back then were saying no way could changes come about because it would take a super majority vote.

Well now look at where were at. People now are saying they can get 75% majority vote. So where will that leave compassion clubs when said and done. I don't think we will end up with a law that favors us. And that's a shame considering what the clubs once stood for.

I really do enjoy still going to all the compassion clubs activities and events. I know we try and host one a month and other clubs have similar type activities also.

Please support all non profit compassion club as they do bust their butts for the patients in mind. And if they are gone I do think I will miss them the most. I've meet so many good people from them. Such a close family feeling when you truly belong to one of these kinds of models.

Good luck finding a non profit compassion club in the future.

The Michigan Medical Marihuana Act is being gutted; by fall of 2012 there will not be enough of it left to protect anyone from anything. With at least 16 proposed Bills hacking away at various parts of the act, Medical Cannabis use in Michigan is dying a slow agonizing death.

There is a greater need for Compassion Clubs (non-use type) today than ever before. More need to be created and a greater network of communication and mutual support between them is needed.

United we stand, divided we fall.

I just helped two brand new clubs get their paperwork going. It is happening again and we are the perfect community to help.

New clubs need attendance, support, both financial and volunteer, and guidance. Thanks to everyone that takes the time to get and stay involved.

What paperwork is needed if we are simply a group of people meeting to share information about the legal stuff?

I could'nt Agree More " ProPlayer420 "

I was So Prowd of last nights Atlanta Compassion Club Meeting ...

The parking lot was Full .... :thumbsu:

I was So Thankful to John & Bethany ...

" northerngal " from Alpine Medical Cannibis Society ....

and All those that Supported us last Night ....

I truely believe people are seeing the Importance

of these meetings ....

Getting these Clubs to start supporting each other and

working in the Same direction to help the Patients ...

Helping the Caregivers ....

Doing everything we can to Protect each other and

to know the current laws ... and How to Protect themselfs ...

Educating / Teaching anyone that wants to learn to Grow ...

Making sure Patients know where they can get Safe ,

Quality Meds at .....

and your 100 % Correct ...

I can't do it w/out Volunteers , Friends & Family ....

and Yes ... Unity is very Important

Great Post " ProPlayer420 "

Thank You for All You do .... :bighug:

A full parking lot!?!?! That's great news Tarzan!

I wish I could have made it last night, but my girls really needed me to be home. See you Saturday Sunday!

Archived