Cultivation Station Burns Low Income Patient

For three and a half months 'Bobbi' scrimped. hunted returnables, and did the few little odd jobs that she could physically do in-order to save enough money to purchase an good exhaust fan.

Yesterday she went to TCS in Chesterfield to purchase the fan and today she's in tears.

She specifically told them the make of vented hood she has and was told the fan they sold her would work and if not they'd exchange it or refund her money.

She went to return the fan this morning and now they say 'store credit only plus restocking fee'.

Not only does she not have an exhaust fan she's now out $120.00 she she worked and saved for three months, if she wanted to she couldn't even buy a cheaper model if she found one.

If you're going to run a retail store specializing in growing equipment maybe you know what you're selling to your customers.

And understand that a store credit isn't a cash refund...

Sounds kinda biased EG, anyone know the full story?

For three and a half months 'Bobbi' scrimped. hunted returnables, and did the few little odd jobs that she could physically do in-order to save enough money to purchase an good exhaust fan.

Yesterday she went to TCS in Chesterfield to purchase the fan and today she's in tears.

She specifically told them the make of vented hood she has and was told the fan they sold her would work and if not they'd exchange it or refund her money.

She went to return the fan this morning and now they say 'store credit only plus restocking fee'.

Not only does she not have an exhaust fan she's now out $120.00 she she worked and saved for three months, if she wanted to she couldn't even buy a cheaper model if she found one.

If you're going to run a retail store specializing in growing equipment maybe you know what you're selling to your customers.

Doesn't surprise me with TCS, they always been arrogant with their ways. They were one of the last hydro stores to offer patients discounts. I used to be a loyal customer at one time but seen the ways of much better hydro stores. I can still remember going in there in 2009 asking if they would give patients a discount and nearly got thrown out the door with the request. Haven't been back since thanks to Beste's in Warren.

anything to verify, or corroborate? a receipt? a copy of the store policy to post? or just a slanted rave about an incident where someone you knew had a bad experience? Id hate to see an asset to this community slammed like this ---the poor person got ripped off, dont shop there--- Which is exactly what the title and substance of this thread is, regardless, there is no reason to vilify TCS so vindictively.

No, i have no vested interest in TCS, and yes i have shopped there.

Guest knucklehead bob

Doesn't surprise me with TCS, they always been arrogant with their ways. They were one of the last hydro stores to offer patients discounts. I used to be a loyal customer at one time but seen the ways of much better hydro stores. I can still remember going in there in 2009 asking if they would give patients a discount and nearly got thrown out the door with the request. Haven't been back since thanks to Beste's in Warren.

Hey , I was gonna say that they were "pricey & arrogant" :lol: , besides no breaks/discounts .

After doing some quick footwork, I have been asked to post this message in response from the Cultivation Station Chesterfield location.

We understand there was an issue with an exhaust fan at our store. To resolve this issue promptly, please have "Bobbi" contact the store, 586.949.7453 ask for the owner, Kevin.

And that justifies your "sympathy" spin on the OP? For someone that posts incredible content as often as you do, im suprised at the angle you used.

bummer

Sorry I didn't record the conversation or have a room full of witnesses, besides the four of us who were there.

I have found the OP to regularly provide very insightful posts, but I am rather confused by this one, it sounds like an excuse to rag on TCS.

Fans are pretty straight forward, about the only problem I could imagine would be different size inlets and outlets. This is easily solved with a reducer as someone already pointed out. I could see where the salesperson might be at fault for not recognizing the problem or perhaps not helping the buyer to solve it. That said it is not a reason to fault the entire TCS chain.

To be fair , I went to TCS in Eastern market and they exchanged a broken PH meter that was almost 1 yr old ,w/no receipt, no questions asked and spent about 20 min checking it out, also got 12% patient discount on a couple little things.

I was never satisfied at other TCS stores but I will say Eastern Mkt store was cool .

I'm sure there is a simple fix for her.

Archived