Yearly Renewal

Looking for information on the renewal process for the Patient cards.

Should we go back to the same source we used to apply for the card, or is there any other options? The process to get my card in the beginning was so expensive, plus $100 to the State almost breaks the bank!

What are others doing and how much medical information is req'd to get renewals,etc?

Also, being so overwhelmed, if our current card expires before they send a updated renewal, are we screwed? Should we apply early, etc?

hello apsanford

im going thru it now just sent in my paper work... i went back to the same doctor for my exam just so the powers to be cannt use the not a doctor patient relationship... i think its better to keep and use the same doctors so you know they have the right info now... as far as cost mine was lower as a return patient... i would hope yours would be the same way... the state will always be 100.00 its a greed thing with them... good luck hope this helps...

abbe

Probably better to use same doctor but not necessary. Cost and how much

medical records are needed is on a case by case and doctor by doctor basis.

You can check with Dr. Bob he is a good doctor. YES renew early... I would

suggest 6 to 8 weeks early. DO NOT wait for them to send you renewal app. cause

you wont get it on time and probably wont get it. I never received any packet

from them. I renewed 4 weeks early and card has expired July 1st and still no

renewal card. Good luck

p.s. were bouts you at in Sanford?

Should we go back to the same source we used to apply for the card, or is there any other options?

Go only to a licensed doctor who follows our MMJ law so you will remain safe and legal. No-documents Cert. services may not meet that test if called into Court. The MMMAct allows applicants to consult any Michigan-licensed doctor who's an MD or DO for a Physician Certification. You can use the same or a different doctor each renewal.

If our current card expires before they send a updated renewal, are we screwed? Should we apply early, etc?

IMPORTANT REMINDER - the state gets 20 days to approve or deny you AFTER the date you submit an application for a new or renewing ID Card.

Yes you definitely should apply early. Do not wait for the state to send you a reminder or a renewal packet. There is no overlap or grandfathering-in of renewal applications. Your ID Card has an expiration date just like a Drivers License -- when it expires you are no longer a registered patient -unless- your renewal application was RECEIVED by LARA-MMMP at least 20 days prior. Likewise, a caregiver's ID Card expires on the date printed (unless renewed in time) which may put that caregiver at risk if they have plants or meds in your name.

Go only to a licensed doctor who follows our MMJ law so you will remain safe and legal. No-documents Cert. services may not meet that test if called into Court. The MMMAct allows applicants to consult any Michigan-licensed doctor who's an MD or DO for a Physician Certification. You can use the same or a different doctor each renewal.

IMPORTANT REMINDER - the state gets 20 days to approve or deny you AFTER the date you submit an application for a new or renewing ID Card.

Yes you definitely should apply early. Do not wait for the state to send you a reminder or a renewal packet. There is no overlap or grandfathering-in of renewal applications. Your ID Card has an expiration date just like a Drivers License -- when it expires you are no longer a registered patient -unless- your renewal application was RECEIVED by LARA-MMMP at least 20 days prior. Likewise, a caregiver's ID Card expires on the date printed (unless renewed in time) which may put that caregiver at risk if they have plants or meds in your name.

:goodjob: :goodjob:

awsome excactly like said above,,,get your renewell in early so you have the 20 days under your belt when card expires,,carry your paperwork with you,,,best thing is not to have contact with leo lol! and no need for worrys,,im still waiting on my change of adress card,,,I am waiting on my 5th card in 2 yrs!

1st time with c.g

2nd cancle c.g

3rd renewel

4th add c.g

5th change adress!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Archived