Ag To Give Press Release

Guest Happy Guy

Next;

"Driving with marijuana in your system is unsafe and jeopardizes the safety of our roadways," said Schuette. "If you take drugs, don't take the wheel."

How many drivers in Michigan don't take any prescription drugs? If you take prescription drugs, don't take the wheel? We are going to need a lot of taxi cabs here in Michigan. WAIT!! How many cab drivers take prescription drugs? How many bus drivers?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand trying to stop people from abusing our laws, but most of what he is saying is just out right ridiculous. And also, i know plenty of people, myself included, that will tell you that marijuana actually makes them more "paranoid" about getting into a car crash and results in them driving more cautiously(maybe we're just crazy, idk). It seems to me that Schuette is afraid of change, specifically change that could save lives and advance our country medically.

Some of us activists in Lansing tried to attend this press conference but were shut out on purpose by Schuette's staff. We called the AG's office for a location but were told "we'll get back to you." I notified a reporter of a Lansing newspaper who was able to learn the location from another journalist and they attended. Should publish a summary soon.

So there you go, card-holders, the Michigan Attorney General shuts out the public from attending press conferences about public policy. What a travesty of public trust.

How many people were tested for standard prescription drugs like vicodine or codine. This wicked man simply has to go.

The loopholes in the law are they don't protect me enough. They don't make me feel any safer.

Prior to trying it for my wives M.S. And my brain tumor I hadhad not touched marijuana since high school. I would not have made it through without it.

The antidepression drugs and the massive amounts of prescription pain killers I was taking has me on the edge of suicide more than once. AG would you have taken care of my wife and children. Would you care for my wife when she cam no longer walk from the M.S. That has been trying to ravage her body for years.

She has not had any marijuana due an up coming drug test. Guess what her gate is off she has been stumbling around for weeks losing her fight with the disease.

I wish she would allow me to speak publicly but if she loses her job we lose our home, transportation, and our way of life for us and our children.

You high and mighty that know so much better that the doctors.

Hell will have a special place reserved just for you!

Some way I will speak publicly someday i will have my revenge on you for the suffering I and my family endure. For those who say wear a mask it will not help I am fully recognizable regardless.

How many people were tested for standard prescription drugs like vicodine or codine. This wicked man simply has to go.

The loopholes in the law are they don't protect me enough. They don't make me feel any safer.

Prior to trying it for my wives M.S. And my brain tumor I hadhad not touched marijuana since high school. I would not have made it through without it.

The antidepression drugs and the massive amounts of prescription pain killers I was taking has me on the edge of suicide more than once. AG would you have taken care of my wife and children. Would you care for my wife when she cam no longer walk from the M.S. That has been trying to ravage her body for years.

She has not had any marijuana due an up coming drug test. Guess what her gate is off she has been stumbling around for weeks losing her fight with the disease.

I wish she would allow me to speak publicly but if she loses her job we lose our home, transportation, and our way of life for us and our children.

You high and mighty that know so much better that the doctors.

Hell will have a special place reserved just for you!

Some way I will speak publicly someday i will have my revenge on you for the suffering I and my family endure. For those who say wear a mask it will not help I am fully recognizable regardless.

This was the straw that broke this 'camel's' back. I've sat anonymously on the sidelines for a long time afraid, like you, of retaliation/retribution. I just can't take it anymore, and sent off a letter to the Lansing State Journal for their Viewpoints column. We'll see if they actually publish it, but here is a copy in the meantime:

In 2008, voters overwhelming approved the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA) with 63% voting in favor of the measure. A group of politicians led by Sen. Rick Jones and Attorney General Bill Schuette have now proposed a package of bills under the guise of keeping law enforcement officers safe and clarifying “gray areas” in the statute.

The public needs to understand that these men have no interest in making the Medical Marihuana Act workable or safer, but rather are seeking to gut it until it is meaningless. Jones and Schuette were leading figures in the main opposition group to the 2008 ballot initiative. As they failed to stop the program at the polls, they are now using their official positions in an attempt to usurp the will of the voters.

Each of the proposed bills aims to restrict program access while doing nothing to protect the safety or privacy of patients, doctors, and caregivers. If they were truly interested in the will of the people and keeping communities safe, they would be focusing on shutting down “recommendation mills” (doctors who provide recommendation without any sort of exam or review of medical records) and on MDCH’s woeful incompetence in issuing cards.

Despite each applicant paying $100 when applying for the program ($25 if they receive disability,) there is currently a 4 month backlog on processing applications. Keep in mind that the application is a simple 2 to 3 page form, not a long process necessitating lengthy review. Imagine the outrage if it took that long to issue drivers licenses! When registry cards are finally issued, they are cheap, contain no photo, and look like something made by a home PC and printer. These easily forgeable cards and long delays in issuing them leave police in a dangerous situation without an easy way to identify who is and is not a legitimate medicinal marijuana patient. Speeding up the review process and adding anti-counterfeiting features to the registry cards is an easy fix. Requiring a doctor to perform an exam and review of medical records would help eliminate people trying to access the program fraudulently without placing an undue burden on patients and doctors.

Are there legitimate concerns with the MMMA? Absolutely! Questions over the legality, zoning and safety of dispensaries; ensuring law enforcement has an accurate method to verify a legal patient’s status without violating confidential health records; whether medical facilities can deny a person treatment because they use medicinal marijuana. However, the proposed package of bills does nothing to address them. Instead, they simply force those seeking relief through medicinal marijuana jump through more hoops.

A common sense approach that involves input from all affected parties including patients, caregivers, doctors and law enforcement to would be an appropriate response. Instead, what do we get? Sour grapes legislation from a group of people who vehemently opposed this initiative when it was put on the ballot. The voters have spoken. It is time to start respecting their wishes.

I could have gone on for a lot longer with more examples, but this was the best I could do in the 500 word limit.

Some of us activists in Lansing tried to attend this press conference but were shut out on purpose by Schuette's staff. We called the AG's office for a location but were told "we'll get back to you." I notified a reporter of a Lansing newspaper who was able to learn the location from another journalist and they attended. Should publish a summary soon.

So there you go, card-holders, the Michigan Attorney General shuts out the public from attending press conferences about public policy. What a travesty of public trust.

Thank you for that valuable information, I will wait for any post you put up regarding this sad display of prejudice our AG has against the people who support and participate in the MMMA.

Yet another lie. The numbers are actually improving. A decrease in deaths. This man is a pathological liar and should be removed from office.

Traffic deaths resulting from alcohol and/or drug-related crashes decreased from 379 in 2008, to 351 in 2009. However, the number of people injured in crashes involving alcohol and/or drugs increased last year from 6,248 in 2008, to 6,271 in 2009. Much of that increase involved drivers who had drugs in their system, which accounted for 83 additional injuries last year compared to 2008.

There was not a mention of even one specific fatality involving Cannabis or [mj,mh?wtf] ! They are only generalizations about 'drug' related . No info at all about any testing for cannabis positive or negative . Much less a fatality . Seems more likely you would pass out playing video games ? I dunno I can't remember even one instance of that even... ever. Maybe more people will be able to see through this abuse of Government Office / Authority. Caertainly a bona fide, legititamate, concrete reason for his Reeeee-Caaaaaallll !!!!!

Yet another case of prosecutorial misconduct. It is unethical for an AG to make broad general unsubstantiated claims against a group of people. It is also racist and bigoted. These kinds of unsupported accusations could lead to violence and discrimination against patients. That makes it a civil rights issue. This AG is trying to deny us the right to drive. What is the difference between what he is trying to do and separate water fountains in Birmingham. In fact it is worse. At least in the racist south, it was the separate but equal doctrine. He is using the no equality, no quarter doctrine. Let's take this Nazi out of office and every single legislator//prosecutor or judge that supports this evil doctrine. This is racism with a profit motive. These politicians deserve the wrath of the people, in whatever form it manifest itself. Thanks, Bb

kudos to you and your brutally honest evauluation of the right wing propaganda machine working its way into the public eye.

not good ..

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2011/08/10/schuette-looks-to-close-med-marijuana-gaps/

LANSING (WWJ) - Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette is taking aim at the state’s medical marijuana law. He says he’s announcing some legislative proposals Wednesday morning to protect public safety.

“I’m working with law enforcement, prosecutors, sheriffs, Michigan state medical society, republicans and democrats to propose some legislative fixes so that we can make sure there’s safety on the highway and integrity on the streets of the state of Michigan,” said Schuette.

Schuette wouldn’t offer specifics, but has said that driving under the influence of marijuana is illegal, even if it’s prescribed by a doctor. The medical marijuana act was approved by Michigan voters in 2008.

An appeals court is scheduled to hear the case of a medical marijuana user that was pulled over for speeding and cited for driving under the influence last year.

“We’ll be proposing a number of different legislative fixes because we see now that this law was designed for those who had a chronic illness, maybe an end of life pain management problem, but it’s being exploited and used and hijacked by those who want to make money off selling pot, and that’s against the law in the state of Michigan,” said Schuette.

I hope they soon get a scientific definition of what "driving under the influence of marijuana" is. There is clear definition of alcohol impaired driving that can be determined scientifically. To be fair, there should be scientific definition and test for marijuana too. But then, Schuette and his ilk don't believe in science (honestly, how can anyone this ignorant and vindictive be elected to a high public office?).

" hijacked by those who want to make money off selling pot, and that’s against the law in the state of Michigan,” said Schuette."

Not anymore it isn't. The law specifically allows growers to recoup their costs by charging patients. I have to ask again: How is it possible for anyone this ignorant and vindictive to be elected to a high government office?

Also, where are the statistics that show that the medical marijuana law has increased crime and made Michigan less safe for its citizens? I think the statistics show that crime has decreased, which seems to support the idea that partially decriminalizing an illegal activity would result in a decrease in crime surrounding that activity. Schuette wants to re-criminalize marijuana so he and his cohorts can have a solid reason to continue to be able to harass citizens who they personally don't like. There is no other legitimate reason to prohibit marijuana. They only want to be able to use it as a club against people they don't like.

You know every time I read something about this, Schuette is saying "criminals making HUGE profit"... Well, a) profit is profit, is it OK if it is just a little profit? does it matter that it is HUGE? Second, at least someone is making a freaking profit in this state. Why let all of the cartels down south make all the profit. Let us make the profit.

We aren't hurting anyone, we aren't raising crime rates. He just wants to make sure that some lower class person can't make a ton of money and bridge the class gap...

I hope they soon get a scientific definition of what "driving under the influence of marijuana" is. There is clear definition of alcohol impaired driving that can be determined scientifically. To be fair, there should be scientific definition and test for marijuana too. But then, Schuette and his ilk don't believe in science (honestly, how can anyone this ignorant and vindictive be elected to a high public office?).

As long as it's fair and includes consideration toward therapeutic dosage levels.

I have to ask again: How is it possible for anyone this ignorant and vindictive to be elected to a high government office?

He is related to the Dow fortune.

His step father was one of the first chemists working for Dow. He was paid in stock.

Reading his words literally made me nauseous.

I saw this garbage placed right by an article discussing the fact that meth busts have stopped due to cuts in federal funding. Local LEO cannot afford to dispose of the hazardous lab chemicals properly, so they just aren't busting them anymore! Why are they targeting cannabis when we have problems like this happening?

Sept 7th. Bringing every darn person i know.

We are up against a well oiled propaganda machine. We are the morally right machine. We are the people. They are criminals, tyrants, thugs and thieves. They have crossed the line. As public officials, it is their job to honor the people, not to use social engineering to eliminate the weak in society. Where have I heard of a society exterminating the sick before? It's was called purification in Nazi Germany. The motive here is much more sinister. To isolate, demonize and exterminate the sick and dying, so the money saved can be distributed to the rich. In the case of our law, they want to do huge grows and state run dispensaries. They're not against medical marijuana, they just want to get into the business and eliminate the competition. This is the slaughter of the innocents. People are being killed to preserve the bottom line and the elite rich standard of living. Heaven forbid that they she have to do anything positive for society.

Close, but I think their end game is allowing only large, state-run grows so that they can then say, "the feds are telling us we can't so we just won't grow any." A few large state-operated grows would be much easier for the feds to target and shut down than thousands of small, independent grows.

Either way, it IS about eliminating the competition.

"The law has been hijacked by drug dealers who want to make money, line their pockets and make a huge profit" - Bill Schuette

Whats the matter Bill? Can't handle a little competition? I mean, the war on drugs and marijuana prohibition have been hijacked for YEARS by law enforcement agencies who want to make money, line their pockets and make a huge profit. Cops have used marijuana as a thin veil for theft via civil asset forfeiture for a long time now.

You're just angry that someone else is making money on a product that you guys had a monopoly over for the past several decades.

where is the mmma's rebuttal?? you are going to rebut arent you?? we need something in the papers asap!

That'd be nice to see, IF the fockin media would PRINT it! See this is the big part of the problem, OUR VOICE IS NOT BEING ALLOWED TO BE HEARD OR SEEN! When people wanna speak at a meeting, legislator session, whatever, we MIGHT get FIFTEEN SECONDS! THEY'RE AFRAID OF THE TRUTH!! "Don't confuse me with facts," one of them said, mr. DISHONORABLE jones. The're all a bunch of TRAITORS, BULLIES, COWARDS and TYRANTS! They don't know the MEANING of TRUTH, FAIRNESS, HONOR, or COMPASSION, ETC.!!! All they know is greed, fear, hate, lying, cheating, stealing, etc.

goddammitt GRRRR :growl::notfair:

Sb

:goodjob::thumbsu:YOU SAID IT!!! EXACTLY!!! - sB

"The law has been hijacked by drug dealers who want to make money, line their pockets and make a huge profit" - Bill Schuette

Whats the matter Bill? Can't handle a little competition? I mean, the war on drugs and marijuana prohibition have been hijacked for YEARS by law enforcement agencies who want to make money, line their pockets and make a huge profit. Cops have used marijuana as a thin veil for theft via civil asset forfeiture for a long time now.

You're just angry that someone else is making money on a product that you guys had a monopoly over for the past several decades.

Archived