Ag To Give Press Release

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will say anything. They use statistics that you can google and see that bright state troopers understand are stilted and even say it in print. How do you think a smart cop, that knows what they are saying is BS, feels after listening to that garbage? He's on our side now if he wasn't already.

We have people at the table with other state reps that understand the ignorance and do not share it. Make sure you understand that not everybody who matters when it comes to these bills are ignorant like those on the podcast. Appeal to the smarter ones with friendly logic. Schuette would be proud if he could make us all haters like he is. That is the ONLY way we lose. Stay smart and friendly, not everyone is our enemy.

That reminds me of that Dylan line...not realizing I became my enemy in the instant that I speak. I think part of the problem is that we need to be sure to advocate for ourselves. I know that outside of my wife and a few friends I haven't shared the positive impact MMJ has had on my life with my family. I'm sure when I do, they will call in to advocate for support. I also have many friends who are patients in similar situations and they won't typically get involved politically. I wonder if my experience is par for the course. Of course by encouraging these folks to call their Rep. and give them the real facts or simply speak in support of their loved one we could accomplish a lot. The approach proposed by

Schuette is the proverbial sledge hammer to the fly and there are many resources already available to the state to fight fraud. We don't need to increase the burden on the justice/prison system and put even more government involvement into a doctor treating a patient.

Guest Happy Guy

I have one question, Will Our Attorney General prosecute those involved in the counterfeiting of a Medical Marihuana card?

If so, I know of a few LEO agencies that oughta be gone, esp in Oakland County.

This was ANOTHER smoke and mirrors presentation! Fake id cards are running rampant across the United States. It's not just medical marijuana cards. You can get id cards from every state in the union and they are being used for MUCH worse than medical marijuana. Sure, fake cards are a problem, but medical marijuana has no franchise on them.

You can easily get them on line. They need to fix this problem but starting with medical marijuana cards is a$$ backwards.

Start with id card mills like this one that TERRORISTS use;

http://www.newidcards.com/

This is/was another example of a whole lot of bs with a little bit of truth under it. The kind of thing for fiction novels... not law enforcement job one. Schuette needs to learn from Clancy if he wants to write fiction based on fact. He's doing a poor job on the research.

I don't care who you parade out here . Its going to be the same thing Look at the dressed up Stoner Pothead. I have had it rammed up my @ss for well over two years now. You'll get use to it. Being a criminal isn't all that bad. And civil rights just are not cracked up to what they use to be. And we all know that Big Brother knows whats best for us. So just lie down and take this like they want you to take it up your rectum. Assume the position. Isn't this so much FUN. Haven't had a chance to see if I can grab my ankles in a while Thanks Bill

I know I cant wait for my first roadside POTHEAD CHECK.

Guest Happy Guy

I don't care who you parade out here . Its going to be the same thing Look at the dressed up Stoner Pothead. I have had it rammed up my @ss for well over two years now. You'll get use to it. Being a criminal isn't all that bad. And civil rights just are not cracked up to what they use to be. And we all know that Big Brother knows whats best for us. So just lie down and take this like they want you to take it up your rectum. Assume the position. Isnt this so much FUN

I know I cant wait for my first roadside POTHEAD CHECK.

Yet another smoke and mirrors production by Schuette. Here's another example of how he makes himself look stupid in front of the smarter cops.

Saliva tests can be used for probationers but not for driving impaired. The test only shows you have used cannabis in the last THREE DAYS. If they are 'developing' a roadside saliva test that shows IMPAIRMENT I will eat the swab. Not much chance of that because the technology to show impairment with a saliva test does not exist yet.

i work in health care. mmj is essentially a joke. a joke to the doctors, to the healthcare workers, to the cops that come in to BS with the pretty nurses, etc. I'm very vocal of my opinion and stance. my view is not popular in my circle of peers, despite the evidence and amount of propaganda busters i can spew.

I worked in health care for 10 years and have also been a victim of doctors who prescribed me big pharma poison when I didn't need it. The health industry is worse than a joke, it's a tragedy. Not only are the politians corrupt, but so are the doctors and administrators.

At the end of that video, they say someone who runs a compassion club supports these bills?

I'll post the follow up story if I can find it. It has not been posted yet.

People who read paper copies of newspapers are extremely low. More people read the online editions. We must get published I agree, but when something is working, pour energy into that also.

It is so bad for them now that Walsh just stepped down from his committee. This means he knows it s a loser. We are winning.

That is great news! I agree that getting some editorials would be nice but I think as the media realize where the public's support lies the coverage will follow in kind. I think people are getting a lot of great information on what the amendment actually is and about medical marijuana in general. The points I've been trying to make to people are: we already have laws in place that attack issues of fraud; this expands government bureaucracy and will add costly dollars in litigation and appeals; it is attempting to circumvent the constitution; it increases government involvement in our healthcare decisions.

FROM THE ARCHIEVES

A PRESS RELEASE: Citizens Protecting Michigan's Kids Unveils First TV Ad

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Oct. 29, 2008

California Experience + Proposal 1 = Michigan Pot Shops

LANSING — A statewide coalition of doctors, hospitals, law enforcement and drug treatment leaders and family organizations urging voters to say "No" on Proposal 1 unveiled the group's first television advertisement today. Proposal 1, on the statewide ballot on Nov. 4, would legalize smoked marijuana for so-called "medical" reasons.

The 30-second spot, being run in markets across Michigan, highlights the explosion of pot shops that opened in California after voters in that state approved a law similar to Michigan's Proposal 1. There are now many communities in California where pot shops outnumber Starbucks coffee shops.

Despite the California lesson, nowhere in the text of Proposal 1 have advocates prohibited the creation of pot shops in Michigan.

"There is not a single paragraph, sentence or word within Proposal 1 that prohibits pot shops from opening in Michigan, just like they did in California," said Judge Bill Schuette, co-chair of Citizens Protecting Michigan's Kids and a member of Michigan's Court of Appeals. "Proposal 1 is a loophole-ridden proposal that brings dangerous unintended consequences that put our kids and communities at risk. Voters should say "No"."

Ooops...

Archived