Legal Caregiver Question.

perrinoid

Hello, I am thinking about starting a caregiver "hobby". I just need to know where to find some legal answers to some questions that I have. I know that I can have 5 patients and 12 plants per patient. I need to know if it is legal to rent out somebody elses house to grow? I also need to know if it is legal to "merge" with another caregiver? i.e. grow in the same area as another caregiver and split the costs? Thank you for your time and sorry for the newbie questions.

It is not legal to grow in the same area as another caregiver, you need your own locked room. Also keep in mind if you and another caregiver are both in the same building but separate locked areas, the building cannot house more then 100 plants that is a fed thing and you don't want to mess with that. Read the law 10 times front to back and then if you still want to start your hobby, well you will be well informed.

Regards, EZ

It is not legal to grow in the same area as another caregiver, you need your own locked room. Also keep in mind if you and another caregiver are both in the same building but separate locked areas, the building cannot house more then 100 plants that is a fed thing and you don't want to mess with that. Read the law 10 times front to back and then if you still want to start your hobby, well you will be well informed.

Regards, EZ

Thanks EZ, Can I find the exact laws on the Mich.gov site?

Hello, I am thinking about starting a caregiver "hobby". I just need to know where to find some legal answers to some questions that I have. I know that I can have 5 patients and 12 plants per patient. I need to know if it is legal to rent out somebody elses house to grow? I also need to know if it is legal to "merge" with another caregiver? i.e. grow in the same area as another caregiver and split the costs? Thank you for your time and sorry for the newbie questions.

Lets not be so dismissive of these excellent questions.

Two real good issues here:

-renting somebody elses house to grow?

Answer: Why not? But you may need a LOCKED room that ONLY the CG can access, IMO- however, all that is required under the MMMA is a locked enclosed facility like a closet.

-legal to merge with other CG and split costs?

Answer: Why not? Well, for starters see above. However, how hard is it to put up separate locked enclosed closets in, for example, a large basement.

The rooms could share venting/exhaust, electrical, etc. but probably not share the lights itself since the areas need to be SEPARATE for each CG.

And yah, please feel free to disagree but YOU tell it to the judge (I will just be sitting behind my keyboard).

Finally, some of us legal eagles did figure out and exception to this idea of a separate CG rooms. If you are married and/or living there, and if you NAME the other as your CG then this should create a recipricol right to access the others grow room! It also makes the maximum patients/ CG's at 8 and keeps the plant count at 96 maximum. Gee somebody must have thought of that!

Anyway, not legal advice, just my thoughts....

Archived