Trimming, Trimming, Trimming

totung

I am officially done with hand trimming.

After the last hand trim of 12 plants, there is no way I am doing it again.

I have been looking around for other ways to speed up the process.

I found the "Hotbox" trimmer while searching...

http://www.hotboxtrimmer.com/product.html

It looks great, but for $850, all I can do it laugh at it.

Then I started looking at it more, and realized that I can probably make something that works the same way for about $700 less.

Anyone else have any suggestions for making trimming easier?

If not necessary don't grow all twelve plants at once, but if you have Patients in need and who are physically able ask them to help.

I know two CG's who were having similar issue but now have a couple Patients each that help with harvest and trimming when needed.

Jipo has a tutorial here for an auto trimmer made from an inline fan: http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/18713-tutorial-home-made-auto-trimmer/page__p__162296__hl__trimmer__fromsearch__1#entry162296

Also, some people use "auto-scissors.

Nothing will give you the quality appearance and result of a good manual trimming and some patients may scoff at auto trimmed meds, but if you and your patients don't mind it and just want to get it done, those are a couple of options. Don't forget to save the trimmings! :bbq:

Jipo has a tutorial here for an auto trimmer made from an inline fan: http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/18713-tutorial-home-made-auto-trimmer/page__p__162296__hl__trimmer__fromsearch__1#entry162296

Also, some people use "auto-scissors.

Nothing will give you the quality appearance and result of a good manual trimming and some patients may scoff at auto trimmed meds, but if you and your patients don't mind it and just want to get it done, those are a couple of options. Don't forget to save the trimmings! :bbq:

Sweet and simple...Out-standing :goodjob:

I'm not too sure holding a vibrating sissor would feel all that good after a while. I'm thinking I'd have a numb hand........shredder

Yeah I agree with that, but I am sure it would be easy to make mount for it and just move the bud around. A stick and a large hose clamp should do it.. :thumbsu:

I feel your pain bro. I just got done trimming 12 plants about 4 weeks ago. I had a buddy help me but it still took a probably 10 8 hour sessions to trim or more. My tip of my left pinky was numb for 3 days :mellow: I was starting to get nervous but it finally went away on it's own. I actually read it's some kind of temporary nerve damage from leaning your forearm on the table for long periods of time. I still haven't found any kind of affordable auto trimmer :thumbsd:

They are too much money for us small timers, but it's an opportunity if someone could invent something that works,and we don't lop off our fingers. Things like that are where folks will get rich in this game, fighting the po po doesn't pay the bills. All the risks are associated with the meds themselves, but supporting businesses are thriving.....shredder

just like the "gold rush" days... the true winners of the old west were the hardware stores, and supply depots...

there's solid advice here... thanks shredder.

great seeing u again today by the way..... i was surprised at the outcome, but apparently its for the best?? we shall c.. that wasn't in my game plan book, but thankfully it's not my game.:mellow:

peace....:thumbsu:

Take the whole plant. stuff it in the freezer with your solvent.

Let freeze overnight.

The plant material should shatter if it is frozen.

Do a quick wash with the solvent. Cook off the solvent at 200F or a little lower. Warm until there are no bubbles left.

This material has never been dried out. (usable material?)

Zero trimming.

The problem with auto trimmers are that they beat up the buds and knock trich's off. It's OK for a commercial grow, but not something you would want to do for a true medical trim. JMO. Also, you can tell as they normally (the ones I have checked out) just cut the tips off of anything that can stick through the slots, meaning you get beat up buds that still need some work as all of the stems are still there.

If I had a large commercial grow where I was harvesting 10 plants a day, I would have one. When I harvest 3 plants every couple weeks, it isn't worth it for the quality.

Once again, just my opinion.

Cedar

Archived