Oil From A Fresh Green Harvest.

peanutbutter

A cut plant was stuffed directly into a freezer.

Left overnight until it was completely frozen. When the material is cold enough, it will break like glass.

Washed with 99% iso as cold as the plant material. Short wash. Less than three minutes.

Cooked at 195F until there are no bubbles being produced:

gallery_87_112_3815.jpg

Zero trimming. Zero dried overages.

From harvest to oil in less than 24 hours.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems to have reduced yield? a definate time saver!

I'd be curious as to the quality of it. I've always thought that after harvesting your buds the whole idea is to let it cure so that the chemicals have a chance to break down together and this is what converts THC from its non-psychoactive crude acidic form to its psychoactive pH-neutral form?

I'd be curious as to the quality of it. I've always thought that after harvesting your buds the whole idea is to let it cure so that the chemicals have a chance to break down together and this is what converts THC from its non-psychoactive crude acidic form to its psychoactive pH-neutral form?

I believe the catalyst for thc to become psychoactive is dehydration. IOW the water percentage in the trichomes has to lower. I have made hash from fresh trim, but while it does work I have found it makes for gooey hash bags, I suspect higher contaminates as well for the same reasons, but that may mean more beneficial compounds too.......shredder

Washed with 99% iso as cold as the plant material. Short wash. Less than three minutes.

peanutbutter, is iso, Isopropyl Alcohol? So funny, I plan on getting alcohol today, to make my first attempt at an oil. Came looking for a good recipe, and here it is. This looks like a super easy way to do it, thanks! :thumbsu:

I believe the catalyst for thc to become psychoactive is dehydration. IOW the water percentage in the trichomes has to lower. I have made hash from fresh trim, but while it does work I have found it makes for gooey hash bags, I suspect higher contaminates as well for the same reasons, but that may mean more beneficial compounds too.......shredder

Actually the catalyst is temperature. It is decarbyoxolating. This is normally accomplished when burning (smoking) but can be done in cooking, etc. Too much heat and you vaporize the THC losing it. Not enough and you don't Decarb it. Just right, and well, you get some killer stuff.

curing is the process of breaking down the chlorophyll, which in making RSO you are attempting to remove as much of the chlorophyll as possible, only extracting the outside of the trichs.

Actually the catalyst is temperature. It is decarbyoxolating. This is normally accomplished when burning (smoking) but can be done in cooking, etc. Too much heat and you vaporize the THC losing it. Not enough and you don't Decarb it. Just right, and well, you get some killer stuff.

curing is the process of breaking down the chlorophyll, which in making RSO you are attempting to remove as much of the chlorophyll as possible, only extracting the outside of the trichs.

THC and CBD exist within the plant material in a form that is inactive. The compounds have a molecule of CO2 trapped in them. To activate these compounds the CO2 has to be removed. This is easy to do with the addition of heat.

You can see this taking place toward the end of cooking.

Little bubbles form in the oil. They look like the bubbles that form in a soft drink or beer. This is the CO2 being released.

Simply warm until there are no more bubbles formed. At that point all of the CO2 has bubbled off. It is completely activated.

THC and CBD exist within the plant material in a form that is inactive. The compounds have a molecule of CO2 trapped in them. To activate these compounds the CO2 has to be removed. This is easy to do with the addition of heat.

You can see this taking place toward the end of cooking.

Little bubbles form in the oil. They look like the bubbles that form in a soft drink or beer. This is the CO2 being released.

Simply warm until there are no more bubbles formed. At that point all of the CO2 has bubbled off. It is completely activated.

That is super cool - I didn't know about that; I thought the application of heat was just to evaporate the alcohol, didn't realize it was also activating the THC and CBD. Learn something new every day !:thumbsu:

I've been doing something similar to this for a while. The difference is that I soak mine in alcohol, sometimes for two weeks. I get all the chlorophyll in mine. I'm not exactly sure how we process chlorophyll, but we are encouraged to eat green leafy vegetables. There can't be more chlorophyll in a drop of my oil than there is in a salad or serving of brocolli. Am I wrong? I only ingest it. Haven't had the good fortune of getting a vaporizer yet.

I've been doing something similar to this for a while. The difference is that I soak mine in alcohol, sometimes for two weeks. I get all the chlorophyll in mine. I'm not exactly sure how we process chlorophyll, but we are encouraged to eat green leafy vegetables. There can't be more chlorophyll in a drop of my oil than there is in a salad or serving of brocolli. Am I wrong? I only ingest it. Haven't had the good fortune of getting a vaporizer yet.

I do the same thing for medibles. the green oil doesn't taste very good when smoked

I do the same thing for medibles. the green oil doesn't taste very good when smoked

It doesn't taste very good when eaten either.

The additional wash time (soak time) lowers the cannabinoid content of the resulting oil.

Fast wash may produce 10 grams of oil that is 80% THC. The same material with a long wash may produce 20 grams of oil that is 40% THC.

Same amount of THC .. just much more impurities.

It doesn't taste very good when eaten either.

The additional wash time (soak time) lowers the cannabinoid content of the resulting oil.

Fast wash may produce 10 grams of oil that is 80% THC. The same material with a long wash may produce 20 grams of oil that is 40% THC.

Same amount of THC .. just much more impurities.

That is not true.

I can take what is left after you washed it for 3 minutes and get cannabinoids out of it. Quite a bit of cannabinoids actually.

I'm still waiting to see your lab results. Until you post your laboratory testing results, you have only hot air.

You have the right to refute what I say. But many know I'm right. In fact, you are the only one saying that nothing is left after the 3 minute wash. For the sake of less arguement, let's agree to disagree on this. Just realize that credible people disagree with this opinion you have about the quick wash getting all the cannabinoids in 3 minutes. Deal? You say 3 minutes gets it all and I say it doesn't. Let's not argue till we are blue in the face?

You have the right to refute what I say. But many know I'm right. In fact, you are the only one saying that nothing is left after the 3 minute wash. For the sake of less arguement, let's agree to disagree on this. Just realize that credible people disagree with this opinion you have about the quick wash getting all the cannabinoids in 3 minutes. Deal? You say 3 minutes gets it all and I say it doesn't. Let's not argue till we are blue in the face?

Wrong .. I've posted exact results as determined by lab testing. You have came on to threads that I've started and claimed that your gut feelings are more valid than lab testing.

That is not true.

I can take what is left after you washed it for 3 minutes and get cannabinoids out of it. Quite a bit of cannabinoids actually.

Yes you can get more cannabanoids out of it but the point he is making is there will be alot of impurities making it low quality, and nobody who knows what there looking at would want that greenish/blackish oil.

Yes you can get more cannabanoids out of it but the point he is making is there will be alot of impurities making it low quality, and nobody who knows what there looking at would want that greenish/blackish oil.

Low quality? Impurities? I know many patients that enjoy the medical effects on a daily basis with no bad effects. Taste is not a factor if you use a gel cap. For quick effects, you can vape it through a specially made attachment for a water piece.

Archived