Oil From A Fresh Green Harvest.

peanutbutter

Thanks for the tip PB. It sounds like a good way to quickly rid yourself of some potential overages. An interesting method at that.

I have tried short wash, long soak, and I have come to the conclusion it is all a matter of personal preference. Just like trying different strains. What works for one may not work for another.

Keep the peace -

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While on the subject of oil.

Can anybody recommend a portable vaporizer for oil that would be compact? You know, something that might fit into a small purse or even a pocket.

Cost isn't really an issue, but effectiveness is.

It sure would be great to have a portable vaporizer to use with oil.

Grow Goddess........To to http://aqualabtechnologies.com/ and click on concentrate utensils......Check out the Essential Vape.....HJ

Thanks man! I will check it out for sure

Ok, so I couldn't help it, seems to be exactly what I am looking for. Had to order one. Looks like a mini torch will fit in the convenient carrying case too! Can't wait to get it!

Thanks again for the tip HJ!

That essential vape is nice. If you like that hand held one you would really like their essential attachment for your water piece. I find that ice water makes vaping very smooth. It's a good tool to help get a good nights sleep. It also helps some patients with restless leg syndrome.

Yes, I was looking at those. I don't own a water pipe yet though. Looks like the way to go for home use. I will probably have to get me one of those too.

Thanks!

Ahh, you said RLS !

I have never even thought about how MM could be helping my RLS. I get it soo bad at night sometimes i literally want to start hitting my legs. Thanks.

You're welcome. My wife uses the oil for RLS and she rarely gets it bad anymore. Not a complete cure but it sure does help.

It doesn't taste very good when eaten either.

The additional wash time (soak time) lowers the cannabinoid content of the resulting oil.

Fast wash may produce 10 grams of oil that is 80% THC. The same material with a long wash may produce 20 grams of oil that is 40% THC.

Same amount of THC .. just much more impurities.

I missed this continuation previously, so i wanted to remark that peanutbutter is absolutely right here, longer soaks begin to dissolve plant waxes and other undesireable elements that will diminish the quality and potency of this type of extract. Subsequent arguments against this proposition are based on gross misreading and incomplete understanding of the breadth of the subject matter.

I would also like to wonder about the health consequences of smoking/vaping high wax content "oil's", particuliarly amongst those with comprimised lung function. I applaud PB's research and commitment to providing scientifically derived information and protocols to enable safe medical consumption of medical marijuana.

(click here for wiki translation)

I missed this continuation previously, so i wanted to remark that peanutbutter is absolutely right here, longer soaks begin to dissolve plant waxes and other undesireable elements that will diminish the quality and potency of this type of extract. Subsequent arguments against this proposition are based on gross misreading and incomplete understanding of the breadth of the subject matter.

I would also like to wonder about the health consequences of smoking/vaping high wax content "oil's", particuliarly amongst those with comprimised lung function. I applaud PB's research and commitment to providing scientifically derived information and protocols to enable safe medical consumption of medical marijuana.

Keep in mind that everything that could possibly be in the oil is in what you would be getting when smoking or vaping any cannabis. There is nothing toxic if you grew it right.

There are things you do to prevent the less desirable parts of the plant from getting in your oil when doing a longer wash. You prep the material and then there are some tricks to use along the process to remove the sugars. A little tiny bit of plant material doesn't hurt anyone. That is, as long as you grew it right to begin with.

Like I said, many patients enjoy the effects of the oil that has been washed longer than 3 minutes. That was my main point all along. After helping countless patients with the longer washed oil, I don't appreciate the undo cut downs pointed towards it. It's a very useful tool for any grower to be less wasteful. You can use all your waste after you pick out the best buds to vape. Then you can make the best oil out of the duff from vaping. It's a wonderful and useful tool for all patients. No worries, it's all good.

I would also like to wonder about the health consequences of smoking/vaping high wax content "oil's", particuliarly amongst those with comprimised lung function

Because you 'like to wonder' I'll give you this fact;

I know of 2 patients that use the longer washed oil as a lung treatment for asthma. After a few months of vaporizing buds and oil, neither uses an asthma inhaler any more.

I would also like to wonder about the health consequences of smoking/vaping high wax content "oil's", particuliarly amongst those with comprimised lung function

Because you 'like to wonder' I'll give you this fact;

I know of 2 patients that use the longer washed oil as a lung treatment for asthma. After a few months of vaporizing buds and oil, neither uses an asthma inhaler any more.

Nice work .. small quantities?

Nice work .. small quantities?

Thanks.

Quantities;

A gram will give a patient approximately 12 hits off the vape. We have settled on 3 hits a night before bedtime as a good breathing treatment. That goes along with two breathing treatments during the day with the volcano vaporizer using buds. We find that this brings up a lot of flem in the lungs and also prevents spasms and lung pain. The treatments have been ongoing for over two years now with total success with the two test subjects.

In my opinion, if impurities are very important to you to avoid, then you would want to strip the buds when they are as dry as possible. Any moisture that is present can put water soluable compounds into the solvent when stripping.

As a matter of fact, I see red oil around the outer ring of the oil, this red oil is water soluable.

Personally, I think the red oil may carry a health benefit, many of these other components you call impurities could also carry benefits.

The impurities I would be most concerned about would come directly from the grow room i.e., using pesticides, chemical fertilizers, etc. These are the very things that can cause cancer, tumors, and such.

Much more research and lab studies need to be done on this.

I for one, would be very curious to see the difference in components found in the oils using the different methods of stripping.

Would anyone happen to know where I may send some samples to have analyzed? I have some oil made with different stripping methods that I would really like to see the difference in, if any. All are cataloged and marked as to the duration of stripping (soak) and other comparisons. I also have some red oil that I would like to have tested, a water based oil.

I for one, would be very curious to see the difference in components found in the oils using the different methods of stripping.

Would anyone happen to know where I may send some samples to have analyzed? I have some oil made with different stripping methods that I would really like to see the difference in, if any. All are cataloged and marked as to the duration of stripping (soak) and other comparisons. I also have some red oil that I would like to have tested, a water based oil.

Being done ..

Red oil.

I had it tested just a week or so ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta-cadinene_synthase

Green material exposed to sunlight?

Where would someone send a sample to be tested? I'm sure there are others that would like to know this too.

As far as I know, there are three kinds of testing being done in Michigan.

GC

HPLC

Something new .. sniffer technology like they use in airports. Very sensitive.

GC is the most commonly offered service.

The "something new" is the fastest.

HPLC will offer another view of the material. This one would pick up unactivated THC (THCa) where the GC testing activates it during the process. One example of the different sets of information.

I'll work at a list.

These people in Kalamazoo have the testing folks on site three days per week:

http://www.mijoint.com

At that location, they do the "something else" testing. Very sensitive.

I'm wondering if the thc in your oils made with solvents is the same compound that it started out as. Most compounds can be made into the basic elements through fermentation or in the present of solvents. I would not be surprised if those molecular chains that thc compounds are made from are effected in the oil making process. Not a bad thing necessarily just different with different properties........shredder

I'm wondering if the thc in your oils made with solvents is the same compound that it started out as. Most compounds can be made into the basic elements through fermentation or in the present of solvents. I would not be surprised if those molecular chains that thc compounds are made from are effected in the oil making process. Not a bad thing necessarily just different with different properties........shredder

The only change is that the THC becomes activated.

The activation causes the THC to lose CO2.

This happens any time you vape, burn or bake cannabis.

what is the trick to vapeing oil without mucking up my vaporizer? vapir no2.

Not sure with that one. I looked, I couldn't find any liquid vaping attachments for that one. Same issue for the vapes I have, not meant for oil. I just ordered one for oils though, can't wait to get it! It is not battery operated though, you need to use a torch with it.

Someone showed me this though http://arizer.com/store/21-the-new-extreme-vaporizer.html

and this is the portable one I just ordered: http://aqualabtechnologies.com/concentrate-utensils/herbal-innovations-essential-vaaap-green.html

I like the vials.

Archived