" Blackmesa " Led Grow Journal

I run four 600w HPS in flowering. Would use LED's if everyone was proving they are better. Imagine dozens of people are not proving us all wrong about MH/HPS because, well, they can't.

Would love to save on the monthly bill, but all I really hear is the manufacturer hype. Hype doesn't produce bigger or better buds. In the future, I suppose.

I run four 600w HPS in flowering. Would use LED's if everyone was proving they are better. Imagine dozens of people are not proving us all wrong about MH/HPS because, well, they can't.

Would love to save on the monthly bill, but all I really hear is the manufacturer hype. Hype doesn't produce bigger or better buds. In the future, I suppose.

I don't think its an either or thing. Maybe ya just want to expand a bit. And ya cycle um under each

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Back on topic...

Led lights are incredibly insane in regards to yields and resin production when used with a bubbleponics system (Hydro/DWC hybrid). If anyone has any questions regarding LED tech from someone with advanced knowledge of optics and experimentation, feel free to ask.

And "yes" they do work and work very well. This journal started out in soil but was aborted because of a bad mix. Once I started experimenting with water and bubbles is when LEDs took me to a whole new level. Here is a few highlights:

- No dead, yellow or wilting leaves from start to end.

- Was able to shave off 10 days of flower cycle with out effecting yield.

- Resin production increased to insane levels to the point you could leave a bud out to air dry for 2 weeks and it would still feel like fly paper in a dry environment.

Of course what brick and mortar store would have anything good to say about LEDs? I mean..... they don't require any maintenance purchases like bulbs, ballasts and last at least 5 years....which is way too long if you trying to sell equipment and crap.

Don't even get me started on cooling and how it's just not needed with these crazy lights from the future. :P

Edited by BlackMesa

Someone I talked to said they only cost dollars a month to run. Not sure if he was exagerating or what but he uses I think 280w LED's and said it only went up like 4 bucks a month for each one LOL he runs several and his buds were BIG and great looking smelled good also. Post some pics when you can

It is good to see you back, I had no Idea you had been banned. There were many people following your thread, and it seemed like no one new what had happened to you. I am quite interested in alternative lighting sources, and have heard of some pretty impresive results using the right types of LED's. I hope you will be able to post some current results of your LED grow, and some pic's would be great also.

Someone I talked to said they only cost dollars a month to run. Not sure if he was exagerating or what but he uses I think 280w LED's and said it only went up like 4 bucks a month for each one LOL he runs several and his buds were BIG and great looking smelled good also. Post some pics when you can

They are cheap to run and even more so during veg as I would start the grow on a single panel and add another at the start of flowering. Also you can dial back timing during veg to 18 on 6 off with no reduction in veg growth. All panels are indeed different but even with my mid range units you can get 8oz while only using 240 actual watts in flower and remember your only using 120 watts in veg. Also no cooling is required as heat is not an issue. So much more energy is converted into light rather then heat like hids.

It is good to see you back, I had no Idea you had been banned. There were many people following your thread, and it seemed like no one new what had happened to you. I am quite interested in alternative lighting sources, and have heard of some pretty impresive results using the right types of LED's. I hope you will be able to post some current results of your LED grow, and some pic's would be great also.

Thanks! I will dig up some pics from the last completed journal that was hosted at another site.

Edited by BlackMesa

• 4 weeks later...

Back on topic...

Led lights are incredibly insane in regards to yields and resin production when used with a bubbleponics system (Hydro/DWC hybrid). If anyone has any questions regarding LED tech from someone with advanced knowledge of optics and experimentation, feel free to ask.

And "yes" they do work and work very well. This journal started out in soil but was aborted because of a bad mix. Once I started experimenting with water and bubbles is when LEDs took me to a whole new level. Here is a few highlights:

- No dead, yellow or wilting leaves from start to end.

- Was able to shave off 10 days of flower cycle with out effecting yield.

- Resin production increased to insane levels to the point you could leave a bud out to air dry for 2 weeks and it would still feel like fly paper in a dry environment.

Of course what brick and mortar store would have anything good to say about LEDs? I mean..... they don't require any maintenance purchases like bulbs, ballasts and last at least 5 years....which is way too long if you trying to sell equipment and crap.

Don't even get me started on cooling and how it's just not needed with these crazy lights from the future. :P

I was looking into getting into LED's I know where I can get a 400 watt one i think thats what it was.... so how many plants would be able to go under the light, the room I will be using is not that big at all. And where did you pick your LED up at?

• 4 months later...

I could see using LED'S in grow but never in bloom. Not worth the cost to production numbers. If you have that kind of funds you can afford the electric bills! Save your money, buy more watts and pay "the man" his money and watch 'em grow.

Oh yeah and never use nutrients without proper research. If you are using multiple products the recommended dosage on labels are way off. As a rule of thumb when using a new product cut it in half and then half again. Slowly work your way up, more is never better when experimenting.

• 2 months later...