Most Dispensaries In Michigan Are Now Closed Until Further Notice.

Time to kickstart the compassion clubs into high gear.

Hopefully some of these dispensary owners are willing to help us implement the caregiver system in their areas. Begin training and teaching new caregivers how to be a good and responsible caregiver. Facillitate a neutral safe environment where patients can come and find a primary caregiver.

This model can be found at the top of this page under "compassion clubs" and we need everyone to donate their time to make the caregiver system in michigan function with superb efficiency in taking care of patients. :-)

does this affect P2P transfers outside of dispensaries?

WLP

yes, for now patient to patient is illegal, time to whisper in private not yell in the public forum about all one has to offer (remember how it used to be... shhhh). Maybe time to be introspective not demonstrative. Maybe time to take a deep breath.

skull and bones indeed... lol...

CPU is still there for patients and caregivers, talking to legislators to try and avoid opening the law. We are trying our hardest to let this not go further out of hand.

By the way Joe, John Walsh is the speaker pro tem of the house. He is Representitive Horn's so to speak, boss. He is not out of the picture, any suggestion he has been driven away is balderdash. None of these people need be demonized, they are citizens looking for solutions. Here is the reality: we need to have a rally of "good" citizens who support medical marijuana... period. We need to lobby and try and explain to legislators what the MMMA law means to us from a "medical" perspective, from a patients perspective. And we need a lobbyist who can try and help the legislators see the light, buck the trend, and do something for patients. That is what your friends at CPU are trying to accomplish.

I am very sorry the Isabella court ruled like they did.

When I was known here as Elvis Firewolf, I warned of the case after the hearing. It got me banned. lol...

So now we are at a new crossroad. Life is wonderful in how it reveals itself, don't you think?

Time to work together and find the best possible solutions for patients and caregivers, don't you think?

I said it before and I'll say it again, dispensaries had a big part in messing it up for everyone, BUT I DO see the need for them. If anyone read my words carefully, they would've realized this AND that my biggest complaint being, the way they went about doing business because they were NOT mentioned in the law, yet they operated as if they did; using P2P as their loophole is what got us into this mess, THAT AND the card mills having a hand in causing the dr/pt relationship to be questioned. Now, if we can keep the CC system alive, we might have a chance to save ourselves, as long as the CC's don't act like dispensaries!

I feel awful for the pt's who really need MM, and for those who are working so hard to provide it for them. My heart is sunk. :(

Sincerely, Sb

Time to kickstart the compassion clubs into high gear.

Agreed. Folks, compassion clubs rise back up as the safe harbor model if they're run as nonprofits. The state allowed approx. 60 nonprofit compassion clubs to form up until June of last year.Those clubs were intended to be sanctuaries for patients and caregivers to network in the course of the medical use of cannabis. Without dispensaries we need compassion clubs to form, or reform if they're dormant, to fulfill the medical needs of member patients and the resupply needs of caregivers.

Blueberry and I discussed this tonight and we conclude compassion clubs are the immediate safe play to keep meds flowing to patients, as long as the meds are not -sold-. Blueberry came to Lansing where he participated in a COA decision review session among dispo owners, community members, and noted mmj attorney Matt Newburg. By the way, Mr. Newburg broadly advised dispo owners to close shop. LEO now has a firm legal decision in this COA ruling and Mr. Newburg expects LEO to start enforcement right away by keeping dispos closed. Stay cautious and vigilant and keep up with news developments for your own safety. Patient Safety should be words that guide us going forward.

It's a new day. Time to move forward.

http://ripatients.org/Home/cc09/

Sharing Medicine

Any licensed patient or caregiver may give away medical marijuana to any other licensed patient or caregiver, as long as they don't exceed their possession limits (2.5 ounces + 12 mature plants + 12 immature plants.

Shouldn't that read 12 mature plants, or, 12 immature plants, or, any combination for a total of 12 plants per Patient not both.

There is to much confusion for members to sort through as it is with-out us adding to it.

yes, for now patient to patient is illegal, time to whisper in private not yell in the public forum about all one has to offer (remember how it used to be... shhhh). Maybe time to be introspective not demonstrative. Maybe time to take a deep breath.

skull and bones indeed... lol...

CPU is still there for patients and caregivers, talking to legislators to try and avoid opening the law. We are trying our hardest to let this not go further out of hand.

By the way Joe, John Walsh is the speaker pro tem of the house. He is Representitive Horn's so to speak, boss. He is not out of the picture, any suggestion he has been driven away is balderdash. None of these people need be demonized, they are citizens looking for solutions. Here is the reality: we need to have a rally of "good" citizens who support medical marijuana... period. We need to lobby and try and explain to legislators what the MMMA law means to us from a "medical" perspective, from a patients perspective. And we need a lobbyist who can try and help the legislators see the light, buck the trend, and do something for patients. That is what your friends at CPU are trying to accomplish.

I am very sorry the Isabella court ruled like they did.

When I was known here as Elvis Firewolf, I warned of the case after the hearing. It got me banned. lol...

So now we are at a new crossroad. Life is wonderful in how it reveals itself, don't you think?

Time to work together and find the best possible solutions for patients and caregivers, don't you think?

i absolutely disagree.

this decision only says that if you hire an agent to dispense your meds, they are not protected under the act, and that constitutes a sale.

the COA rule purposefully did not address one on one patient to patient transfers, or the compensation that may be received during such a transaction.

I said it before and I'll say it again, dispensaries had a big part in messing it up for everyone, BUT I DO see the need for them. If anyone read my words carefully, they would've realized this AND that my biggest complaint being, the way they went about doing business because they were NOT mentioned in the law, yet they operated as if they did; using P2P as their loophole is what got us into this mess, THAT AND the card mills having a hand in causing the dr/pt relationship to be questioned. Now, if we can keep the CC system alive, we might have a chance to save ourselves, as long as the CC's don't act like dispensaries!

I feel awful for the pt's who really need MM, and for those who are working so hard to provide it for them. My heart is sunk. :(

Sincerely, Sb

It isn't a loophole. It's the truth.

In 2008 BS said these businesses would be legal if the law passed.

Today he says they are illegal.

So which BS is true?

This isn't the fault of dispensaries. This is the attack of the system against our community. The dispensaries are simply the easiest target right now.

So who will be next? I suspect "greedy" caregivers.

Please everyone, avoid cheering the efforts of our enemies.

Shouldn't that read 12 mature plants, or, 12 immature plants, or, any combination for a total of 12 plants per Patient not both.

There is to much confusion for members to sort through as it is with-out us adding to it.

Check out the link. Rhode Island had our law and they chose to fix it for patients.

The ammended plant count wording makes it so your little cuttings do not figure in your plant count.

They did a lot for patients.

Can we do that here or isn't there enough quick money in it to attract support?

This was my suggestion years ago and here I am again, beating the drum. Round two. Ding! Put up your DUKES! LOL

i absolutely disagree.

this decision only says that if you hire an agent to dispense your meds, they are not protected under the act, and that constitutes a sale.

the COA rule purposefully did not address one on one patient to patient transfers, or the compensation that may be received during such a transaction.

That is not correct. The sale is illegal. I've discussed this in the main thread.

Dr. Bob

It's a new day. Time to move forward.

http://ripatients.org/Home/cc09/

Sharing Medicine

Any licensed patient or caregiver may give away medical marijuana to any other licensed patient or caregiver, as long as they don't exceed their possession limits (2.5 ounces + 12 mature plants + 12 immature plants).

I may be wrong, and if so, I am sorry, but 2.5 ounces + 12 mature plants + 12 immature plants seems to me like you found an extra 12 plants!

I may be wrong, and if so, I am sorry, but 2.5 ounces + 12 mature plants + 12 immature plants seems to me like you found an extra 12 plants!

Not me, I'm a Michigan patient. I'm stuck in a RUT!

If I were a Rhode Island patient, I would have found 12 more plants when they made transfers legal and accepted.

We should already be there but we had to try the short cut first.

It isn't a loophole. It's the truth.

In 2008 BS said these businesses would be legal if the law passed.

Today he says they are illegal.

So which BS is true?

This isn't the fault of dispensaries. This is the attack of the system against our community. The dispensaries are simply the easiest target right now.

So who will be next? I suspect "greedy" caregivers.

Please everyone, avoid cheering the efforts of our enemies.

That is not correct. The sale is illegal. I've discussed this in the main thread.

Dr. Bob

the sale has always been illegal.

ill say that again

THE SALE OF CANNABIS HAS IS AND HAS BEEN ILLEGAL

all they did was define an action which says, that a person cannot hire an agent to represent themselves. this decision says that as the dispensary had actual possession of the meds, weighed out, and then acted to transfer the cannabis, which was on consignment (sorta), they are by this definition a selling agent, therefore it does not warrant to protection of the act, and is considered a sale.

it has never been ok to sell cannabis.

how dispensaries were doing it has been beyond me this whole time

only a patient, or caregiver can, transfer cannabis

only a caregiver is fully protected under the act to receive compensation... not an agent, you can't even hire someone to come in and mop your grow rooms floor, let alone transfer your products for you....

Edited by mibrains

the sale has always been illegal.

ill say that again

THE SALE OF CANNABIS HAS IS AND HAS BEEN ILLEGAL

all they did was define an action which says, that a person cannot hire an agent to represent themselves. this decision says that as the dispensary had actual possession of the meds, weighed out, and then acted to transfer the cannabis, which was on consignment (sorta), they are by this definition a selling agent, therefore it does not warrant to protection of the act, and is considered a sale.

it has never been ok to sell cannabis.

how dispensaries were doing it has been beyond me this whole time

only a patient, or caregiver can, transfer cannabis, then receive compensation for their services... not an agent, you can't even hire someone to come in and mop your grow rooms floor, let alone transfer your products for you....

Yup. That's what the judges in Rhode Island decided too. Go figure, they have the same wording.