Most Dispensaries In Michigan Are Now Closed Until Further Notice.

Check out the link. Rhode Island had our law and they chose to fix it for patients.

The ammended plant count wording makes it so your little cuttings do not figure in your plant count.

They did a lot for patients.

Can we do that here or isn't there enough quick money in it to attract support?

This was my suggestion years ago and here I am again, beating the drum. Round two. Ding! Put up your DUKES! LOL

This isn't RI....

This isn't RI....

We could do it through another ballot initiative... Patient Protection Act of 2012 ! WE made the law, WE should be the ones defining it. Look at what Ohio's doing, they looked at all the problems of Michigan and I think they honestly did their best to address them.

the sale has always been illegal.

ill say that again

THE SALE OF CANNABIS HAS IS AND HAS BEEN ILLEGAL

all they did was define an action which says, that a person cannot hire an agent to represent themselves. this decision says that as the dispensary had actual possession of the meds, weighed out, and then acted to transfer the cannabis, which was on consignment (sorta), they are by this definition a selling agent, therefore it does not warrant to protection of the act, and is considered a sale.

it has never been ok to sell cannabis.

how dispensaries were doing it has been beyond me this whole time

only a patient, or caregiver can, transfer cannabis, then receive compensation for their services... not an agent, you can't even hire someone to come in and mop your grow rooms floor, let alone transfer your products for you....

Actually Brains, can you show me where it says a patient can receive compensation for their services? it says a CG can, but I don't see patients mentioned.

Dispensaries, some of them anyway, operated by having a CG with 5 pt's as the person in the room. They never had more than probably 10 oz on site per CG, and he would sell out then get a transfer from another person and sell another 10 oz. So the disp was really just a rented room, as your transactions were with the CG, not the store, and then the CG paid the disp for use of the room. This way the disp never possessed any mj, the CG on site did, the disp never sold anything to the PT, the CG on site did, and there was no sale, there was compensation for services from "a" cg to "a" patient as clearly defined in the law. That's how some of the disp's worked.

Actually Brains, can you show me where it says a patient can receive compensation for their services? it says a CG can, but I don't see patients mentioned.

Dispensaries, some of them anyway, operated by having a CG with 5 pt's as the person in the room. They never had more than probably 10 oz on site per CG, and he would sell out then get a transfer from another person and sell another 10 oz. So the disp was really just a rented room, as your transactions were with the CG, not the store, and then the CG paid the disp for use of the room. This way the disp never possessed any mj, the CG on site did, the disp never sold anything to the PT, the CG on site did, and there was no sale, there was compensation for services from "a" cg to "a" patient as clearly defined in the law. That's how some of the disp's worked.

i apologize cedar.. i did accidentally imply that with the way i worded my statement.

the law does not cover patients as per the compensation part.

so lets defiantly change that...

only a caregiver is totally protected, 4e..

although no one on one patient to patient cases have been presented yet, so there is still some grey areas to peruse..

CA was denied the right to be able to claim "medical use".

sales of p2p are still not allowed.

no sales of cannabis are allowed.

transfers are allowed, so by assumption a person can contend that a transfer isn't done for free (like the coa said) therefore transfers may include a liability as it pertains to the ability to present a defense under the act. it is assumed a monetary submission would be included in any transfers, therefore it is arguable that a p2p is legal, however, that's a challenge to be proved or disproved.

caregivers are absolutely allowed to transfer and charge for their services to any patient registered with the state. and that those payments shall not be construed as the sale of a controlled substance.

it says so very clearly 4(e)

so for now..

be careful

be safe

be legal? if it fits their definition.

and i hope CA has already begun their appeal to the supreme court.

this ruling should be overturned because p2p is allowable by need and cause. but not by definition necessary so long as cg transfers are allowed.

it's a shame they feel like they should slam a door shut on us.

if your a patient looking for cannabis, should u be sure the person you are obtaining it from is a caregiver? the act says no... it says its the person doing the transfers that accepts the liability, not the patient. arguably of course.

:thumbsu::goodjob: : :rolleyes: :

Time to kickstart the compassion clubs into high gear.

Hopefully some of these dispensary owners are willing to help us implement the caregiver system in their areas. Begin training and teaching new caregivers how to be a good and responsible caregiver. Facillitate a neutral safe environment where patients can come and find a primary caregiver.

This model can be found at the top of this page under "compassion clubs" and we need everyone to donate their time to make the caregiver system in michigan function with superb efficiency in taking care of patients. :-)

:goodjob::thumbsu::rolleyes:

:

I said it before and I'll say it again, dispensaries had a big part in messing it up for everyone, BUT I DO see the need for them. If anyone read my words carefully, they would've realized this AND that my biggest complaint being, the way they went about doing business because they were NOT mentioned in the law, yet they operated as if they did; using P2P as their loophole is what got us into this mess, THAT AND the card mills having a hand in causing the dr/pt relationship to be questioned. Now, if we can keep the CC system alive, we might have a chance to save ourselves, as long as the CC's don't act like dispensaries!

I feel awful for the pt's who really need MM, and for those who are working so hard to provide it for them. My heart is sunk. :(

Sincerely, Sb

:goodjob::thumbsu: Thanks

You keep talking about dispensaries and forget about the patients. I know tons of patients, that grow. They depended on selling their overages to pay their electric bill. They will not be able to grow anymore, because they can't afford it.

While I agree with you 100% that they should not have made this decision, I do however see a disconnect between the patients. I have read how the caregiver situation is rough as patients cannot find decent caregivers. Then I read stuff like this. If they have enough to sell to a dispensary, then surely they can keep growing and find themselves some patients and between the group I am sure they can cover all the costs. I would love to step up and help, but it will be at least November - December till I will be producing anything. I would hate to sign on someone and then fail. But until then it seems like if Furher Schuette and the good ol' boys club keep this up all we can do is fight it and network to supply those in need now. I have seen about 6 posts for Patient openings or caregivers needed. If they truly need help, we are not hearing it. (yet)

The past few days is most likely just the first part of what they have in store. They will continue to persue the other bills and don't believe otherwise. There will be continued suffering until full legalization is accomplished.

First, they came for the dispensary owners, but I said not a word. I don’t own a dispensary so it didn’t matter to me.

Next, they came for the board members, activists, and advocates of the pro cannabis organizations but I didn’t worry much about it. I’m not a board member, activist, or advocate of a cannabis organization.

Then later they came for the caregivers. I walked away and did nothing to try and stop them. I thought “So what, I’m not a caregiver. Who cares?”

Tonight they came for the patients. I’m a patient! Who will fight for me? Why is no one speaking up for me?

Then I looked around and realized there was no one left to speak up. :rock:

In 2008 Bill Schuette said all of this would be legal if the MMMA passed.

Have the dispensaries been supporting patients and caregivers in Michigan?

Dispensaries have made it so that the poorest of patients could receive their medicine from their caregiver for free. The caregiver could take excess medicine to the dispensary and get cash to pay the bills. If they all close down, these poorest of patients will now have to pay for their medicine. The caregiver will have no other option.

Archived