Anyone Need A 600W Hps Bulb?

Motorbuds

I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this but it seems like as good a place as any....

I've got a 600w Eye Hortilux HPS bulb that I'd like to give away to someone who could use it. For some odd reason the 600w ballast I have doesn't want to work with it. darn thing turns off everytime my A/C comes on :growl: It's been used a total of 4 months so there should be a lot more life left on it since (supposedly) they're good for 15k-20k hours. The only requirement is you have to be somewhat local to me (Downriver) and/or willing to meet me somewhere to pick it up.

Anybody who wants it just post a :rock: and tomorrow I'll put the names in a jar (if anyone wants it) and pick one out and that person can have it. That's the only fair way I can think of to do it. Go...

That is a nice offer MotorBuds! Very giving of you. I am always amazed at the generosity from you all. Too bad you can't get the ballast thing figured out. Maybe someone knows something more about that. Peace!]

Hey, I try to give whenever I can. I figure I can throw it on a shelf until I get another ballast (god knows when) or I can just give it to someone who needs it.

I could use it if I can pick it up at the rally on the 7th.

Well, it looks like since no one else entered the drawing you automatically win lol :lol: just let me know how to get ahold of you at the rally and it's all yours :thumbsu:

I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this but it seems like as good a place as any....

I've got a 600w Eye Hortilux HPS bulb that I'd like to give away to someone who could use it. For some odd reason the 600w ballast I have doesn't want to work with it. darn thing turns off everytime my A/C comes on :growl: It's been used a total of 4 months so there should be a lot more life left on it since (supposedly) they're good for 15k-20k hours. The only requirement is you have to be somewhat local to me (Downriver) and/or willing to meet me somewhere to pick it up.

Anybody who wants it just post a :rock: and tomorrow I'll put the names in a jar (if anyone wants it) and pick one out and that person can have it. That's the only fair way I can think of to do it. Go...

I have a barnd new ballast that would love a new play mate...just looking to ahve something plugin to it..

Guest thequietone

Hey, I try to give whenever I can. I figure I can throw it on a shelf until I get another ballast (god knows when) or I can just give it to someone who needs it.

Well, it looks like since no one else entered the drawing you automatically win lol :lol: just let me know how to get ahold of you at the rally and it's all yours :thumbsu:

I will be wearing a blue denim New Orleans hat and I will have a name placard with Quietone on it.

Sounds like a bad capacitor being used with the ballast. The capacitor helps keep a steady voltage to the transformer. When you have a slight power surge created by the a/c kicking on the is a slight voltage drop at the ballast. If the capacitor can't compensate the lamps goes out because it lost the full voltage needed to keep it burning. It should light again after cooling off.

Sounds like a bad capacitor being used with the ballast. The capacitor helps keep a steady voltage to the transformer. When you have a slight power surge created by the a/c kicking on the is a slight voltage drop at the ballast. If the capacitor can't compensate the lamps goes out because it lost the full voltage needed to keep it burning. It should light again after cooling off.

Yeah thats exactly what happened too, the weird thing is I stuck another bulb in and it worked fine. At first I thought it was the bulb then I took it to a buddy's and tried it on his and it worked flawlessly :unsure:

I have a barnd new ballast that would love a new play mate...just looking to ahve something plugin to it..

Hi, sorry but thequietone was the only one who responded at first so I already promised it to him :blink:

Archived