Yooper Notice 8/27/11

sho

I vaguely recall some crap earlier this year about them planning to get input from the members of the medical marijuana community. Well, IF anyone from the MM community did give input, no one was listening; their words got twisted up and distorted very badly. Maybe some well-meaning supporters did meet with the reps to try explaining what was really needed. Now we see the result- those bills clearly do NOT reflect the needs of this community. THIS is why we CAN'T work with them, some say we should compromise. Look where THAT got us? Most politicians are VERY SKILLED LIARS!

Sb :growl:

I appreciate the efforts, too, though I still don't trust politicians. Who knows, maybe one will surprise us and do a turn-around, see our side of it and really fight for us. We had someone who did that but he lost his re-election. It was someone downstate, his name was George Cushingberry. Is that right?

Sb

I'm going to be actively trying to get meetings with our U.P. Reps and Senators... we've got God's country up here, all these dieing little tourist towns could pick back up with a MMJ tourism industry. Gram and Gramp's staying at a bed, bud, and breakfast... We didn't meet with any of these guys, so their input didn't come from us.

I got a letter from Casperson, spewing the same ole chit; he also claimed that there were members of the MM community that helped draft the legislation over the summer. WHO THE HELL WERE THOSE MEMBERS OF THE MM COMMUNITY???? I have my guesses. IF any of our community members, not just from this site, helped with those bills, they didn't read the final edition very carefully, either THAT OR they just sold us all up the river!!!! :growl:

Sb

The bills were introduced before summer started. Cannabis activists have been working this summer to alter, ammend, change or oppose the bills in any manner that would protect patients, caregivers and physicians. Absolutely zero changes have occurred since the Legislators introduced THEIR language.

"THEIR" defined: Representatives, Senators, MSP, Prosecutors, Attorney General, Governor etc.

I think you just misunderstood your letter from Casperson. :lol:

The bills were introduced before summer started. Cannabis activists have been working this summer to alter, ammend, change or oppose the bills in any manner that would protect patients, caregivers and physicians. Absolutely zero changes have occurred since the Legislators introduced THEIR language.

"THEIR" defined: Representatives, Senators, MSP, Prosecutors, Attorney General, Governor etc.

I think you just misunderstood your letter from Casperson. :lol:

Oh REALLY? And you think that's FUNNY? Please don't laugh at me.

Understand this: I don't wanna see you get hurt because you believe you can negotiate with a SKILLED LIAR!!! REMEMBER what mr jones and friends did????? It wasn't THAT long ago.

Listen, I don't mind us all working together, but my level of trust has been severely broken, so I'm doing my best to keep the peace, co-operate, and HOPE, if I may use that word so loosely, that we will be able to save our law, through our efforts of combined co-operation

Be very careful WHO you trust.

Sincerely, Sb :(

Archived