Frist Time Dwc Journal

Stewedscrewed

Hello all, I have not been to active over the past year just kinda sitting back and taking it all in. Ive been a dirt grower for almost two years and love it, but its time to step it up. Ive been reading and reading (lots of stuff from bubble grower) and the rest of the site and a few others. I cut some clones last week and i have a cloud nine that i will be transplanting tonight into a dwc the budget grow from bg is where i got my plans. I will be running the Lucas method under 2x600 for veg then flowering under 4x1000. I have been photographing every step, but Ive seemed to misplaced my cord to take it off of my camera. Any how the main reason for my journal i guess is to hopefully have some old timers watch my mistakes and help me threw them, plus it could help someone else decide to take the plunge. Any how I'm supper exited and ready to get this in the bubble bucket. So for now i will quit typing and go get her moved.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So here are some photos there off my phone and at a photo bucket link. The clone showing roots is the clone used, but that photo was takin three days ago. My neuts are at half strength 4 ml of micro and 8 of bloom per gallon. That's half strength as recommend by bubble grower. As of today when I planted her she was 2 1/2" tall from the top of the pellits. Wish me luck! Oh and here is the link 6736f826.jpg

looks good!!

you may want to top water them for just a couple days until the roots grow through the netpot. they can dry out pretty quick if your water level drops even a half inch at this stage. better to be safe than sorry until they bust through to the goodness below :)

no real worries about accidentally washing something down into your bucket from topwatering because within a week you will be dumping the whole thing and going with full strength nutes.

all the best!!

looks good!!

you may want to top water them for just a couple days until the roots grow through the netpot. they can dry out pretty quick if your water level drops even a half inch at this stage. better to be safe than sorry until they bust through to the goodness below :)

Funny u mention this. I was noticing the top pellets where alittle dry. Stuck my finger down the side and it was damp still. I will moniter and water if need. The only question now is do I use water with half strankth nuets or just Ro water?

no real worries about accidentally washing something down into your bucket from topwatering because within a week you will be dumping the whole thing and going with full strength nutes.

all the best!!

looks good!!

all the best!!

I was just gonna say that! Bubblegrower taught me a while back that it's important to top water until roots meet the solution. I'm excited for you! You're gonna experience aggressive growth! Keep an eye on pH, and it'll be a lot of fun. i use a little plastic cup and top water them right out of the bucket a couple times a day. just pour it right through the stones. when the roots meet the solution it really takes off.:thumbsu:

Guest MosCutty

For some reason my post to bg did not come up. Any how I was going to as about this. The only thing I was unsure of was if I use water with nuets in or just Ro? Thanks guys.

Well looka here, LOL right on Brother taking the big plunge into the water. I remember you talking about jumping in the water good for you. I still have something for you coming should be tomorrow or Tuesday. :thumbsu:

IMO yes use nute water to resuscitate, you could have just invited a brother over for some Disc Golf and got the party rocking.

I would also cover those buckets, white lids/buckets are no good, we don't want root rot. Keep up the good works, I'll be watching.

Mos

Well looka here, LOL right on Brother taking the big plunge into the water. I remember you talking about jumping in the water good for you. I still have something for you coming should be tomorrow or Tuesday. :thumbsu:

IMO yes use nute water to resuscitate, you could have just invited a brother over for some Disc Golf and got the party rocking.

Yo Mos, was going to try and get ahold of you on Monday and see what was up. Any how I new I was supposed to cover it, but I forgot the tap. Was to exited about getting started. It is on my to do list for today. Thanks for the heads up!

I would also cover those buckets, white lids/buckets are no good, we don't want root rot. Keep up the good works, I'll be watching.

Mos

How long was that girl vegging and what u have on her for lights? That was huge!

Vegged a little over 2 months. I used less than 35 dollars in nutes from begginning to end.

Flora Nova one part grow for veg

Flora Nova one part bloom for bud

At the time I had 2 1000w hps lights with econo wing open hoods.

She was in the middle of 9 to 10 other plants which were in dirt.

I yielded 10 ounces dry from her and 4 to 5 from the dirt plants. At different times of course. I dont ever go over my limits.

I currently have 3 bubble totes going into bud tonight. And two of them are just huge. maybe ill do a video on the size of them later when the lights go on and I get them set up.

I am so exited to get them going.

P.S. I started this on a budget so I went cheap and I was new so I never ph'd my water and I never ppm'd my water either.

That's a great yeild! I've got a ph meater and am picking up my ppm meater tomorrow, can't wait! For this first time I'm not really investing much money. Yet I'm already plotting a 12 site grow if this goes well. I doubt I'll make it through flower if my results are good in veg an I don't see any real trouble when I move into flower. I'm sure I'm getting ahead of myself, but wtf the mind wonders.

The best of luck to you Stewedscrewd. My first try with bubbles I had some problems with the same nutes as are in your pics but switched to Dyna-Gro and am having much better yields and less problems all around. I hope you have really good luck with everything. I had a mentor also teach me to buy a bigger air pump, but for what you are doing you should be fine!

Taking the plunge will be fun!su11.gif

Archived