Frist Time Dwc Journal

Stewedscrewed

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best of luck to you Stewedscrewd. My first try with bubbles I had some problems with the same nutes as are in your pics but switched to Dyna-Gro and am having much better yields and less problems all around. I hope you have really good luck with everything. I had a mentor also teach me to buy a bigger air pump, but for what you are doing you should be fine!

Well I hope I have better luck then you did. Lol. May I ask did u use a ppm meter your first try or where u just winging it? I'm feeling confident in the Lucas method, but only time will tell. Thanks for the good luck!

Taking the plunge will be fun!su11.gif

Yes I use a PPM meter and try to keep it around 1000 all the time. Just had issues with those nutes, but maybe it was just me. Probably so, anyways, thanks for the pic of the roots and the update. Nice and white, healthy looking. Keep us in the loop Stewedscrewed. Thank you.

Peace!

Well today was day seven. I switched out my water today from half strength to full strength nuets. I used 4 and 8 for week one and today I switched out to 8 and 16. Anyone that reads this and has some time in growing with bubbles, is it bad to expose the roots to light, and are bigger bubbles better or loads of tinny bubbles? Thanks yo

Well today was day seven. I switched out my water today from half strength to full strength nuets. I used 4 and 8 for week one and today I switched out to 8 and 16. Anyone that reads this and has some time in growing with bubbles, is it bad to expose the roots to light, and are bigger bubbles better or loads of tinny bubbles? Thanks yo

You can expose them to light briefly but I wouldn't do it for very long. You want to avoid exposing the water in the bucket to light as much as possible too, or else stuff will start growing in there lol.

As for the bubbles, I think they say lots of tiny bubbles are better but silly me, they all look small to me :lol: I just say the more the better. Good luck man, they're looking good :rock:

You can expose them to light briefly but I wouldn't do it for very long. You want to avoid exposing the water in the bucket to light as much as possible too, or else stuff will start growing in there lol.

As for the bubbles, I think they say lots of tiny bubbles are better but silly me, they all look small to me :lol: I just say

the more the better. Good luck man, they're looking good :rock:

Thanks that's what o figured with the roots. See I put an ashtry over my stone to hold it in place. I remember reading somewhere that, that worked. Yet when I did it the bubbles are huge just not as many. When I take it off loads of tiney bubbles! Not sure what to do ashtray or no ashtray?

Thanks that's what o figured with the roots. See I put an ashtry over my stone to hold it in place. I remember reading somewhere that, that worked. Yet when I did it the bubbles are huge just not as many. When I take it off loads of tiney bubbles! Not sure what to do ashtray or no ashtray?

I used to have the same problem till I got some of those big heavy airstones like the ones mr smith posted. Those sink straight to the bottom and stay there, they last a while too. I used to change stones on every grow with the other ones, but I've been using these same ones for 3 or 4 grows now and I've only had maybe 1 or 2 get clogged up and stop working on me so far. Definitely worth the $2 each or whatever they are IMO.

I used to have the same problem till I got some of those big heavy airstones like the ones mr smith posted. Those sink straight to the bottom and stay there, they last a while too. I used to change stones on every grow with the other ones, but I've been using these same ones for 3 or 4 grows now and I've only had maybe 1 or 2 get clogged up and stop working on me so far. Definitely worth the $2 each or

whatever they are IMO.

There on my list. Just need to get to the grow store. Thanks again!

There on my list. Just need to get to the grow store. Thanks again!

No problemò, always happy to help. Now that i think of it I have to pick up 10 more when I get the chance. If you think she's growing fast now wait another week or two with full nutes and you will be amazed. Grow's looking good man, keep up the good work. :goodjob:

Well I found this on my roots yesterday.

ff0dc9f1.jpg

Some one on the site recomended using a little bleach five ml per gallon. I went ahead and added 2.5ml a gallon Im a little nervus about the strength of the bleach any how let's see if it helps. Here is a pic of her top half which I would say is looking good. This is day 13 in the bucket the growth blows away soil IMO.

b70c57fb.jpg

Guest Mr_Smith

I posted in the other topic but I will post it here as well..

I DO NOT recommend using bleach. Use SM-90 after a flush and h2o2 bath.

At least that's what I would recommend.

I posted in the other topic but I will post it here as well..

I DO NOT recommend using bleach. Use SM-90 after a flush and h2o2 bath.

At least that's what I would recommend.

Can u elaborate on why bleach is not a acceptable maner of killing pathagins off in water?

Because I'm pretty sure that 99% of commercial indoor greenhouse's use chlorine in there hydro system at about 4 ppm ... What is bleach??? Do your research before pushing high priced goods. I'm giving u guys a tip THAT I USE.. not an idea.

Well I found this on my roots yesterday.

ff0dc9f1.jpg

Some one on the site recomended using a little bleach five ml per gallon. I went ahead and added 2.5ml a gallon Im a little nervus about the strength of the bleach any how let's see if it helps. Here is a pic of her top half which I would say is looking good. This is day 13 in the bucket the growth blows away soil IMO.

b70c57fb.jpg

It's looking great stewedscrewed :thumbsu: I'm pulling up a chair and taking notes :D

The root rot can be gotten rid of and, onward and upward.

Someone mentioned a good tip with the H202 bath,not a bad idea.

Here's what i did. I gently sprayed as much of that slime off of the root with a fine mist from the gardem hose. I then mixed a H2o2 flush for a few days and transferred to a RO flush.

From there its just giving them tlc and as much O2 as you can. You can also add http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycorrhiza fungi to your water and sleep better at night knowing that you are less likely to encounter that slime.

I used all kinds of measure in this summers heat to keep res temp down and keep a tighter schedule with the water changes.

Sometimes the hydro shop will have free samples of this mycrrhiza fungi to try,,you could ask them and see if it controls slime.

Just my 2 cents..thanks!

I don't think that's root rot. Sometimes the top of my roots can get like that and it's where stuff collects on the surface of the water and then gets on your roots where they meet the water. I think its mostly the color of the GH micro, it also can look a little gritty.

That bleach was a very bad idea though IMO. I would've added a couple ml of h2o2 and kept an eye on it. I hope everything turns out ok for you but I'd suggest dumping that bleach ASAP.

I don't think that's root rot. Sometimes the top of my roots can get like that and it's where stuff collects on the surface of the water and then gets on your roots where they meet the water. I think its mostly the color of the GH micro, it also can look a little gritty.

That bleach was a very bad idea though IMO. I would've

added a couple ml of h2o2 and kept an eye on it. I hope everything turns out ok for you but I'd suggest dumping that bleach ASAP.

Well thanks for your reply. I changed out my water today no bleach. Wish I would have been more patient. My girl still looks good, but I guess only time will tell.

Today I'm going to get another air stone and h202 and hope she pulls threw.

For the recored I can't really see any effects from the bleach. I can't say it worked or did not work, but there has seemed to be little or no effect. I'll keep you guys posted as of how she likes the h202. Thanks for stopping in guys!

Archived