Lawmakers Revisit Marijuana Legislation

bobandtorey

so your telling me in the last two years we have hd no one representing us in legislature. having any meetings, wtf is that? somehow that just blows me away. ?????

And i vote for Joe/BB to represent me. thanks Joe for your work.

i got this E-mail October 28, 2010 1:42 PM from

Dist027@house.mi.gov;

Dear Robert: I understand your frustration and anger over the events in Oakland County relating to medical marijuana clinics. Problems similar to this have been occurring all across the state and in our courts as the new law is being implemented. As a result, I am currently serving on a Medical Marijuana Task Force appointed by House Speaker Andy Dillon to look at amending the act to make it more clear and to avoid any issues like those that are occurring around the state currently. We hope to have recommendations made for amending the statutes before the end of this year. Thank you again for contacting me.

and have posted it many time here

It's very clear that they will not relinquish control even where no control is needed. The majority of the people voted it legal but that evidently doesn't make it OK. OK with whom you ask? The Big Drug Companies (BDC) (that have the big money for lobbying on a Fed. and State level) are, in my opinion, the worst offenders. They along with the FDA have had a hand in labeling it a "narcotic" therefor it needs control. Who better to control it than them, their already in the drug business, how convenient. What about the doctors that get kick back from the BDC, they surely don't want to lose that, why that pays for the summer home on the lake, ya know. And think of the loss of the revolving door of patients in and out on that monthly prescription refill that only a Dr. can write, why if you could treat your self at home the Dr.s would be unemployed. What about the people in state and local government, they get their money from law enforcement, "no law - no enforcement - no money". The list goes on and on but you get the picture, it's all about money. Their money, and they want more of it even at the cost of your health. If they were not effected by the money aspect of it, MM would be stocked on the store shelves like sliced bread.

“It’s a risky business to begin with because you’re dealing with a narcotic."

What? Marijuana a narcotic? I would liken it more to an herb or spice that has interesting side effects, but a narcotic?

“People just don’t set up Xanax shops, for example. It’s properly dispensed.”

Xanax and all prescription drugs for that matter have an element of danger associated with them. That's why they are prescribed. Marijuana has zero element of danger, so why does it need to be prescribed? Someone could get into your prescription cabinet and potentially die by ingesting the drugs therein. Someone could get into your cannabis drawer and experience no ill effects from consuming the contents, no matter how much is in there. So explain to me again why cannabis should require a prescription and dispensing via a pharmacy.

These idiots are so far out of touch with reality. What the state legislature needs to do first is to bring all their members up to speed on the realities of cannabis. They need to be educated about the hard facts and scientific evidence regarding cannabis. Unfortunately, Republicans don't believe in science and facts. They prefer to make decisions based on the emotions of fear and greed. We would still be healing people through prayer, bloodletting, and leaches if they could have their way. Seriously ignorant bunch those Republicans.

"Mr. Cannabis, I know narcotics, and you sir are no narcotic."

It's very clear that they will not relinquish control even where no control is needed. The majority of the people voted it legal but that evidently doesn't make it OK. OK with whom you ask? The Big Drug Companies (BDC) (that have the big money for lobbying on a Fed. and State level) are, in my opinion, the worst offenders. They along with the FDA have had a hand in labeling it a "narcotic" therefor it needs control. Who better to control it than them, their already in the drug business, how convenient. What about the doctors that get kick back from the BDC, they surely don't want to lose that, why that pays for the summer home on the lake, ya know. And think of the loss of the revolving door of patients in and out on that monthly prescription refill that only a Dr. can write, why if you could treat your self at home the Dr.s would be unemployed. What about the people in state and local government, they get their money from law enforcement, "no law - no enforcement - no money". The list goes on and on but you get the picture, it's all about money. Their money, and they want more of it even at the cost of your health. If they were not effected by the money aspect of it, MM would be stocked on the store shelves like sliced bread.

“It’s a risky business to begin with because you’re dealing with a narcotic."

What? Marijuana a narcotic? I would liken it more to an herb or spice that has interesting side effects, but a narcotic?

“People just don’t set up Xanax shops, for example. It’s properly dispensed.”

Xanax and all prescription drugs for that matter have an element of danger associated with them. That's why they are prescribed. Marijuana has zero element of danger, so why does it need to be prescribed? Someone could get into your prescription cabinet and potentially die by ingesting the drugs therein. Someone could get into your cannabis drawer and experience no ill effects from consuming the contents, no matter how much is in there. So explain to me again why cannabis should require a prescription and dispensing via a pharmacy.

These idiots are so far out of touch with reality. What the state legislature needs to do first is to bring all their members up to speed on the realities of cannabis. They need to be educated about the hard facts and scientific evidence regarding cannabis. Unfortunately, Republicans don't believe in science and facts. They prefer to make decisions based on the emotions of fear and greed. We would still be healing people through prayer, bloodletting, and leaches if they could have their way. Seriously ignorant bunch those Republicans.

"Mr. Cannabis, I know narcotics, and you sir are no narcotic."

I agree

Archived