Turn Around Time For Renewals?

Mine was received on June 13th. Nothing yet. LARA website says:

Currently staff is issuing registry ID cards for valid original applications received in late March. Additionally, registry ID cards are being issued for valid renewal applications received for registrations expiring in June and July.

To me this means that even though they have received mine they aren't working on it yet because it doesn't expire until September.

As of last week speaking to LARA staff, a source told me that they now have 30 employees. They are (it was complained) three to a cubicle.

Note that despite the switch from MDCH to LARA, the same people are running the show. Rae Ramsdale (from the original MDCH mmj program) is now the head of the program, having replaced Melanie Brim, and she works under Steven Hilfinger. Rae does not take too many calls, and seems truly grim faced when ever approached about the program.

There is no real proof they are slow walking things constantly. But if that is not the case the systems they have set up are truly bass ackwards.

I have a patient who applied in Mid November 2010 and still has yet to receive a card. Last week Celeste Clarkson advised the patient that all was well and she was approved and should receive her card within two months.

My only question is what will the dates on the card be? The patient should be applying for their renewal Sept 1 (60 days in advance), but cannot do that because they do not have a patient or caregiver number.

As of last week speaking to LARA staff, a source told me that they now have 30 employees. They are (it was complained) three to a cubicle.

Note that despite the switch from MDCH to LARA, the same people are running the show. Rae Ramsdale (from the original MDCH mmj program) is now the head of the program, having replaced Melanie Brim, and she works under Steven Hilfinger. Rae does not take too many calls, and seems truly grim faced when ever approached about the program.

There is no real proof they are slow walking things constantly. But if that is not the case the systems they have set up are truly bass ackwards.

I have a patient who applied in Mid November 2010 and still has yet to receive a card. Last week Celeste Clarkson advised the patient that all was well and she was approved and should receive her card within two months.

My only question is what will the dates on the card be? The patient should be applying for their renewal Sept 1 (60 days in advance), but cannot do that because they do not have a patient or caregiver number.

How could you even speak to them? do you know someone personaly?

I can't get a response on a letter, email or phone call.

Maybe they just don't like me. :(

We have our idiot Governor to thank for this. The Department of Community Health was just getting caught up with issuing cards then he switched the job over to the Department of Community Regulatory Affairs (formerly the Department of Energy, Labor and Economic Growth).

Archived