Reverse Osmosis Trouble Shooting

Kingdiamond

I just purchased a htg reverse osmosis 100 i have the inlet hooked up to my wash tub the waste line placed in the drain and when i turned it on barely a trickle of water is coming through no way can this be the 100 gal per day stream of water this is a tankless system with just an outlet plastic line the sink has very strong water pressure anybody got any ideas? :unsure:

lol.. yeah kingdiamond.. you got to add cal/ mag to your water. general organics is great.. botanicare is what i use. the RO removes everything. leaves it at a ph of 7.0.

i use a 55 gal food grade bucket with a float valve also to store it, so you have it always on hand and you don't have to always watch for overflows as your filling buckets. then put a pump with a hose on it to suck it out into 5 gal buckets to water.

Well i guess it puts out enough for my garden but just watching it trickle makes you think its not working correctly. :mellow:

Depending on water pressure,RO systems can slow down to a trickle.Min water pressure should be around 40 with a max of 100-110.Most units recommend cold water only.Try finding the gauge to your inlet water coming into the house,that will help you in diagnosing any problems with an RO system.

• 3 months later...

I also recommend a permeate pump to drastically cut down on your waste water. This, no power needed , pump really saves on waste water which is money in a municipal system. Also when you initially opened your water feed line did you open it full speed? It has to be opened initially very slowly allowing pressure to build slowly, or it traps air which can harm the unit or inhibit production. Hope this helps.

I ran RO water for a few years, now I'm back to using plain old well water. I get better results using it as opposed to the RO water, of course, I've never worried about the PPM's or any of that other b.s., mother nature sure isn't concerned with it, so why would I be? Now, I may simply be lucky and not have "troubled water", IDK... j.b.

im not all that impressed with ro myself, prolly switch back to tap next cycle myself.

Same here...I ran for years using just well water with no issues whatsoever. For whatever reason I installed an RO system last spring and I had nothing but problems with my plants at first. Even with adding back Calmag my plants were still having major problems for a few months. I finally got it dialed in now but it is such a pain to customize my calmag ratio for each individual strain. Im thinking about going back to well as I had no issues whatsoever and didnt have to worry about too much/ too little calmag.

You get what you pay for. To each their own. This unit is flawless. Perfect water with 0 issues. Cant compare apples to oranges as these units are different and much superior to those previously mentioned. Once a year i change the cartridges that is it. Best water for the ladies. Mine fills a large 33 gallon drum and i installed a barrel tap at the bottom with a spigot. This water will be a perfect 0. Zero cal/mag issues. I add nothing but Cana nutes. No other supplements. Good luck.

Archived