Day 19 And Day 30

Kingdiamond

all the lables on organic pesticides say "up to and including day of harvest" and can be used whenever needed.

those girls are young, you could use something stronger and still pass a pesticide test. I'd put a new No Pest Strip on them for a couple weeks

(if you want some organic pesticides, I have a few varieties and I'm willing to share!)

dang king...

sucks right..

been there struggled with that...

i tried everything i could find. i used miterid, plant vitality plus, and azamax stuff... and they all worked for like a week or two, then the buggers come back stronger, and healthier each time.

well after maybe 12-14 treatments like that someone in this forum suggested using hot shots brand no pest strips.

they recommended packaging them for two weeks and then using them for two weeks. (insects develop resistance to constant pesticides)

so on the first of the month (today) i put my 4 into a ziplock and put them away.

i have one in my flower romm, one in my veg room, one in my bedroom, and one in my dining room now, and i am so happy...no fleas, spiders, ant's, bedbugs, flys...ect ect..

and since then....

not one white spot has returned...

i pray everyday it stays that way..

hot shots no pest strips work for sure. at least they worked on my infestation....where nothing else would....

AzaMax is rated for use on veggies and flowering plants. I've used it successfully on flowering plants, though you might also have to pay attention to humidity and mold concerns.

Mite-Rid can be used into flower also.

I haven't used Safers spray in a while, don't know about that.

The last time I had a mite infestation late in flower I kept them under control with CO2. A few hours 10,000 ppm slowed them down but didn't stop them. 80,000 to 120,000 ppm killed most of them, but not all. I have a pretty well-sealed 10x10 room, fed with bottled CO2 in 20 pound tanks, but it's still hard to bring the CO2 levels up high enough to really kill 100% of the mites.

King try Green Light fruit tree spray,stuff can make like 16gal; I've used it in flower along with Hot Shot

pest strips and it kept them ay bay long enough to complete the harvest. Actually it kicked their rectumes.

Can be purchased at Lowe's

for like $15 or less!

Fruit Tree Spray, Pint

Environmentally Friendly Insecticide

• Contains: Pyrethrins 0.25%, Piperonyl Butoxide, Technical 2.50%,
  • Clarified Hydrophobic Extract of Neem Oil 70.00%.
  • Can be used up to day of harvest!
  • For use on fruit and nut trees and ornamentals.
  • Provides immediate "knock down" of aphids, mealybugs, spider mites, scale, whiteflies, beetles, and many others.
  • Fungal control for blackspot, powdery mildew, rust, leaf spot, anthracnose, scab, and blight

http://www.lowes.com/pd_104824-38888-41017_0__?newSearch=true&catalogId=10051&productId=3006139&UserSearch=fruit+tree+spray&Ntt=fruit+tree+spray&N=0&langId=-1&y=13&x=32&storeId=10151&ddkey=http:SearchCatalog

Edited by Sledge

yes, no pest strips work great but they are not safe. Maybe in veg they would be ok for short periods of time. Read the label and warnings, I would not want to put this stuff into my body. It says not to be used in areas inhabited by humans or pets or something to that effect.

Edited by mike44

yes, no pest strips work great but they are not safe. Maybe in veg they would be ok for short periods of time. Read the label and warnings, I would not want to put this stuff into my body. It says not to be used in areas inhabited by humans or pets or something to that effect.

http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/brands?tbl=brands&id=19020075

Health Effects Enter text or highlight term... Warnings: Keep out of reach of children. Precautionary Statements: Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals. CAUTION: Do not get in Mouth. Harmful if swallowed. After prolonged storage, a small amount of liquid may form on strip. Do not get liquid in eyes. Wash thor Acute Health Effects: From MSDS

Health Hazard Data

Ingestion (Swallowing): May be harmful if swallowed.

Health conditions Aggravated by Exposure: None under normal use.

Chronic Health Effects: From MSDS

Prolonged or frequent repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals.

Carcinogenicity: From MSDS

Ingredients listed as carcinogens or potential carcinogens by NTP, OSHA or IARC: DDVP (2B).

First Aid: From MSDS

Ingestion: Get immediate medical attention..

Special notes: Atropine is antidotal and should be administered only if symptoms of cholinesterase inhibition appear. After prolonged storage, a small amount of liquid may form on internal strip. Do not get liquid into eyes. Wash hands thoroughly after handling strip.

Health Rating: 1 Flammability Rating: 1 Reactivity Rating: 0 HMIS Rating Scale: 0 = Minimal; 1 = Slight; 2 = Moderate; 3 = Serious; 4 = Severe;

N = No information provided by manufacturer; * = Chronic Health Hazard MSDS Verified Date: 2007-12-12 MSDS Date: 1998-08-14 x.gifx.gif

Yes i swear by the no pest strips mine just were too old to be effective i guess last night i hammered them with the safers end all spray and looked under my scope just now it looks like the spray melted those god awful beasts I'm going to home depot now and buy 4-6 of the strips and hang them inbetween the plants until i see a health improvement from my girls thanks for the tips everyone and longhair i might be taking you up on your offer if all else fails thank you :thumbsu:

If you spray for mites you should spray again in three days. Do that 3 times. Remember these things and their eggs are very small. If you miss one well then they are coming back. Spray em and then put the no pest strip up. Be very carefull with them as stated above.

The mites will get resistant to the no pest strip too so they are part of the rotation. all it takes is a mite that can withstand the stuff and they are back.

Buy Captain Jacks Deadbug. I just bought some in the Ann Arbor Garden Center for 16 bucks for the concentrate. It kills the eggs too. I rotate this with azmax and now I am using 12 drops of rosemary essential oil, a little wetting agent , and one qt of water.

The most effective way to get rid of mites is to have BB wear a tube top and hot pants into your garden. That will probably scare anything out of your house. The second best way is to have me wear the same!

Best of luck.

If you spray for mites you should spray again in three days. Do that 3 times. Remember these things and their eggs are very small. If you miss one well then they are coming back. Spray em and then put the no pest strip up. Be very carefull with them as stated above.

The mites will get resistant to the no pest strip too so they are part of the rotation. all it takes is a mite that can withstand the stuff and they are back.

Buy Captain Jacks Deadbug. I just bought some in the Ann Arbor Garden Center for 16 bucks for the concentrate. It kills the eggs too. I rotate this with azmax and now I am using 12 drops of rosemary essential oil, a little wetting agent , and one qt of water.

The most effective way to get rid of mites is to have BB wear a tube top and hot pants into your garden. That will probably scare anything out of your house. The second best way is to have me wear the same!

Best of luck.

sounds like you want an excuse to get in a tube top, hot pants and dance around his garden. mellow.gif

mighty wash works wonders with a couple of apps and its non toxic,,, 99% frequency controlled water and 1% inert ingredient (wetting agent)

x2!!!!

This shiiiit works. Knocks them dead after a couple of treatments.

Weekly azamax spray and feeding keeps them away for good.

Good luck!

Best of luck.

Great first the spidermites and now a ruined keyboard from the dr pepper flying out both nostrils lol. :lol:

Thanks for the tips man yes i plan on repeating the safers on saturday so far the mites i have spotted are all dead the label says end all also kills eggs too we shall see.

Update now im battling the 2nd generation but im making headway i switched over to azamax and it did a very good job no more crawlers but i still see eggs so 7 days from now (per label instruction ) i will hit them again . :sword:

As a preventive I buy a jar of ladybugs from my local hydro store about every other month.$10 buys me 1500 spider mite hungry beautiful predators.No pest strips,no chemicals,just Azamax when needed.Before releasing the ladybugs at night, I make sure nothing poisonous is in the area.An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.Good luck man,spider mites suk

As a preventive I buy a jar of ladybugs from my local hydro store about every other month.$10 buys me 1500 spider mite hungry beautiful predators.No pest strips,no chemicals,just Azamax when needed.Before releasing the ladybugs at night, I make sure nothing poisonous is in the area.An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.Good luck man,spider mites suk

I find this intriguing I saw a bag of them, yes a see-through netted bag of them at the hydro-store as well. The proprietor tells me that you can spray them with some soda-water to keep them from flying away, and that if you do that for the first few days they lay eggs and become "local" as they don't like to migrate once they have breed. Is that true? If so does that mean once you put them there you can not use no-pest strips, neem, or azamax ect.?

I tend never to believe anything the hydro-store guys tell me.

How effective of a pest control measure are they by themselves?

***We are the mites...lower your pest strips and surrender your garden. We will add it's biological and technological distinctiveness to our own...Resistance is futile.***

DUDE! You know what you really need? Jean Luc Picard. I heard he knows how to destroy them!

_42039918_picard_borg.jpg

Locutus_of_Borg_and_Borg_Queen.jpg

Edited by Darkmatter