Recruiting Other Power Groups

Hi,

There are several special interest groups across the nation and state that are very well networked and very deep with active members. Would it be worthwhile to contact some of them to simply state the case and try and gain their support? That support can come in many forms but I know for a fact that there is one group in Michigan that was able to flood the capital with over 10,000 letters and emails, overnight. That is some serious organization and networking!

Many of these groups, in my mind, would be sympathetic to this cause, if for no other reason than it's "the people" vs "the establishment". I may be way behind the curve on this, but I had to throw it out there and see what the consensus is. I'm not asking for a debate about the politics of any potential groups and I'm willing to set my personal opinions to the side, for the sake of the greater good and in regards to this, I ask that you do the same.

I don't want to see a win with 63%, I want to see a win with 93% support. If this has been considered and put to bed by those leading the charge, that's fine. Lacking that, I think it's at least worth consideration due to the leverage some of these groups can add to the cause.

Where is the Tea Party when you need em?

I personally won't name names intentionally but I've begun, and I'm brainstorming and going down a rather lengthy list of groups. With what is being done to suffering patients, and who is doing it, I don't think it's very tough to show that we have common goals. The trick is, in my opinion, don't get caught up in specifics, address the higher purpose. Just like all of us won't agree on specific issues that arise, yet we are all in support of the law as was put in place by the will of the people.

I'm continuing to contact as many groups as I possibly can and when/if I start receiving responses looking for more evidence and facts regarding all this, I may need some help from the pros. Don't worry though, I'm not even getting close to stretching the truth, it isn't needed.

Edit:

Below is what I'm using as a foundation and I'm making some changes depending on who it is I'm sending it to. If anyone wants to add or subtract anything from it, it's certainly open to revision. Thanks! :)

Hello,

In 2008, voters overwhelming approved the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act with 63 percent voting in favor of the measure. Since that time, patients and caregivers have been continually harassed, arrested and jailed by law enforcement officers and elected officials.

There have been civil rights violations, intentional misinterpretation of the law by officials, harassment of legally registered participants and a flagrant disregard for the will of the people and the law that was put in place to support people suffering.

I'd ask your organization to please consider lending support to this issue as we're having our rights stripped from us before our very eyes. There isn't enough room to share the entire list of offenses being committed against the patients suffering and the voters, however I'll leave you with a few links that support my claims and will gladly offer much more detailed information upon request.

Filed grievance.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=1567

COA ruling limiting MMMA

http://michiganlawyerblog.wordpress.com/2011/08/24/coa-medical-marijuana-sales-enjoined/

Michigan AG disregards will of the people

http://www.freep.com/article/20110811/NEWS15/108110558/Michigan-Attorney-General-Bill-Schuette-wants-medical-marijuana-law-modified?odyssey=nav|head

Public shows support

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2011/08/poll_results_almost_90_percent.html

If your organization would be willing to help the patients suffering in Michigan at the hands of elected officials, there is a rally at the capital in Lansing on September 7th at noon. If you would like any more information of specifics, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

My contact info here...

:thumbsu::goodjob:THANK YOU! - Sb :D

name='Friendofphotons' timestamp='1314915724' post='327026']

I personally won't name names intentionally but I've begun, and I'm brainstorming and going down a rather lengthy list of groups. With what is being done to suffering patients, and who is doing it, I don't think it's very tough to show that we have common goals. The trick is, in my opinion, don't get caught up in specifics, address the higher purpose. Just like all of us won't agree on specific issues that arise, yet we are all in support of the law as was put in place by the will of the people.

I'm continuing to contact as many groups as I possibly can and when/if I start receiving responses looking for more evidence and facts regarding all this, I may need some help from the pros. Don't worry though, I'm not even getting close to stretching the truth, it isn't needed.

Edit:

Below is what I'm using as a foundation and I'm making some changes depending on who it is I'm sending it to. If anyone wants to add or subtract anything from it, it's certainly open to revision. Thanks! :)

Hello,

In 2008, voters overwhelming approved the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act with 63 percent voting in favor of the measure. Since that time, patients and caregivers have been continually harassed, arrested and jailed by law enforcement officers and elected officials.

There have been civil rights violations, intentional misinterpretation of the law by officials, harassment of legally registered participants and a flagrant disregard for the will of the people and the law that was put in place to support people suffering.

I'd ask your organization to please consider lending support to this issue as we're having our rights stripped from us before our very eyes. There isn't enough room to share the entire list of offenses being committed against the patients suffering and the voters, however I'll leave you with a few links that support my claims and will gladly offer much more detailed information upon request.

Filed grievance.

http://michiganmedic...&attach_id=1567

COA ruling limiting MMMA

http://michiganlawye...sales-enjoined/

Michigan AG disregards will of the people

http://www.freep.com...dyssey=nav|head

Public shows support

http://www.mlive.com...90_percent.html

If your organization would be willing to help the patients suffering in Michigan at the hands of elected officials, there is a rally at the capital in Lansing on September 7th at noon. If you would like any more information of specifics, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

My contact info here...

Where is the Tea Party when you need em?

thats what I would like to know!!?? have we not conveyed our msg clear enough to them?Where is Kidd ROck our MI boy??Why isnt he speaking out and helping us? I've given up on Montel,glad its helping him and all,but that commerical he does to get fast cash is a scam,and it aimed at poor ppl that are stuggling until the next payday,so you get your money alright but the interest you pay is right up there with loan sharks.Shame on him for doing that bunny muffin. But our own home grown Rock???

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”MLK

The mission of the TEA Party across the nation is to get control of our government spending at all levels and return the nation to a republic constrained by our Constitution. We are therefore involved at all levels of government. However, even though each of us has opinions about individual issues and may lend ourselves to different efforts, it is not the purpose of the TEA Party to get involved in issues such as yours.

I recommend that you contact your local representative and senator, make an appointment and plead your case to them directly.

Gene Clem

I have had contact with the tea party.

Gene is the Mi head I sent him a letter about myself and my personal issues.

My first respose was thanks for nothing but have come to realize that it is not

there purpose. If we support defunding of atty. gen. office they may listen?

When contacting others stay away from mm at the start. Think about it no money no gov.

Our atty. gen. office spends 74 mil. per year they got 10 mil. more this year alone

from last year. Teachers don't know that I would guess. But they don't want you to have mm.

Both my parents were teachers. We all have our own cause! Ask them why there money is cut

and not others they agree with that. Information dispells rumors ( sometimes)I will help

dig up info any time.

Thanks

I submitted the press release along with a quick reasoning why they should join us.

I was one of the first TEA Party supporters out of my group of friends. My libertarian point of view finally had a group to resonate with! Please use your core values in helping the most vulnerable citizens in our state, the sick. In 2008 63% of the voters approved medical use of marijuana in the state. Hundreds of businesses have opened around to the state as this new market begins to establish itself. Any use of governments resources to usurp the voting public and restrict commerce is absurd. In the state of Michigan with such a terrible economic situation this is tyranny. PLEASE JOIN THIS FIGHT:.... (press release)

thats what I would like to know!!?? have we not conveyed our msg clear enough to them?Where is Kidd ROck our MI boy??Why isnt he speaking out and helping us? I've given up on Montel,glad its helping him and all,but that commerical he does to get fast cash is a scam,and it aimed at poor ppl that are stuggling until the next payday,so you get your money alright but the interest you pay is right up there with loan sharks.Shame on him for doing that bunny muffin. But our own home grown Rock???

“In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”MLK

I LOVE the quote, it says so much. :)

It's so sad people seem to think they can profit on our miseries, squeezing us dry for all we have. What a horrible world that allows people to get away with scamming people. But we all know who the ultimate scammers are. :(

Sb :notfair:

I was thinking of the Teachers of MI. They are under attack by RS, actually it's a bipartisan attack as the Dems have sided with the Rebs to quash bargaining rights, wages which seems to be the state of affairs in all the mid west states with a Reb for gov.

Anyway so I been going through the news and it turns out that they will all be at the Labor Day Parade, Mon Sept 5. The Guest of honor is none other than our fearless leader BHObomber who is supposed to address the Unions etc. after the parade.

I might go anyway, I used to be Union, paid my dues & initiations numerous times ...

Great Opportunity , you think .....

ps They dont like Tricky Rickey either

Michigan teachers union backs Ann Arbor rally to protest Rick Snyder's U-M commencement speech

i have a question i just picked up and issue of hightimes today and i know it's not the best magazine but the reason i picked it up is because it had and article on the michigan movement it is called michigan hangs in but what bothers me is that not once in the entire article is the 3ma even mentioned now the question i have is who is the most recognized organisation in michigan the 3ma and normal but nowhere are they mentioned also and this is a direct quote from the article (3rd coast compssion center is widely recognized as a leader in the industry amd in the potical process itself) to get and article in high times which is a widely distrubed magazine and one of the only outlets that we can get our message out i think it would have been wise to metion 1. the 3ma and also the sept 7th rally it just don't make any sense to me why it was'nt done blueberry maybe you could pipe in on this im not saying its a bad thing but we also need some clarification as to why the groups that we the 3ma are teaming up with got in my opinion national coverage but at not time was the 3ma or the rally mentioned thanx it was the october issue that is on stands now if anyone would like to check it out

i have a question i just picked up and issue of hightimes today and i know it's not the best magazine but the reason i picked it up is because it had and article on the michigan movement it is called michigan hangs in but what bothers me is that not once in the entire article is the 3ma even mentioned now the question i have is who is the most recognized organisation in michigan the 3ma and normal but nowhere are they mentioned also and this is a direct quote from the article (3rd coast compssion center is widely recognized as a leader in the industry amd in the potical process itself) to get and article in high times which is a widely distrubed magazine and one of the only outlets that we can get our message out i think it would have been wise to metion 1. the 3ma and also the sept 7th rally it just don't make any sense to me why it was'nt done blueberry maybe you could pipe in on this im not saying its a bad thing but we also need some clarification as to why the groups that we the 3ma are teaming up with got in my opinion national coverage but at not time was the 3ma or the rally mentioned thanx it was the october issue that is on stands now if anyone would like to check it out

If they won't even mention us, I wouldn't buy their rag either ! Maybe you could pass yours around ? Bring it to the Rally ... we'll all check it out !!!

3d Coast yeah they're big time in this movement ... ? Every time I see that 3rd Coast I think of Zug Island ! Be a good place for their offices...

From what I'm learning about The 3ma is, they are too busy saving peoples lives to do schmooze the media outlets.

im just sayin. Where are our friends in the PR business? Can you imagine if a legitimate advertising and PR agency brought to this what people like Michael Kormorn, BlueBerry, ALL the organizers of compassion clubs who are operating still? (You know...the ones who are too busy saving lives to do the professional PR game.)

From what I gather these guys are breaking their already broken backs near all waking hours with sheer determination and dedication to serving patients and voters.

Where is the public relations firm that rallys for sick people being stomped on by underhanded politicians? I mean they all try to tie to it to benefit their own corporate image, but I would applaud the PR agency that partnered with the MMMA for the benefit of the patients and to protect rights of the 63% of the citizens.

Step up for a higher cause than money and you will make the world a better place. Start now.

Archived