Tent Questions

Brodel

I'm starting up a grow in my basement and I have a couple questions. My basement has tons of pipes and what not running all over along the ceiling and one of the walls. I was planning to build a room for my grow, but with all the things in the way it seems impossible. My questions is can I just set up a couple tents to grow in legally? They would NOT be an inclosed locked facility (other then putting a lock on the zippers) but they would be in my small basement, underground, with no access to it other then my one locked door, it's about 12 feet by 25 feet. Would the basement it's self be considered an inclosed locked facility?

My second question is would the tents get too hot? I would have to do my flowering in them and would like to use the $259.99 1000W hortilux hps bulb (which I think it suppose to run cooler then the regular $130 1000W hortilux bulb. I will be using a raptor and venting the hood out of the tent. I obviously dont wanna buy an AC for each tent... So it can't get too hot. Maybe if I ran another venting system from outside, through each flowering tent it would be enough air flow that it wouldnt get hot?

Thanks for the advice if I get any!

If nobody else uses the basement and the door with the lock on it is the only way in and out of it with your house having seperate entryway locks you should be fine . Just to help you think ( I don't like the idea of tents myself ) Temp walls can just have the top plates fastened by strut to the ceiling so you dont have to worry about the uneveness . . You can then put in doors if you want with a lock for your flower and veg room .

Be creative . You could just hang a two by 4 or aluminum rail from the ceiling and fasten a track on the bottom of it ( do it before hanging ) and make mylar curtains that hung down to the floor and block the top area off as long as the basement is secure and private ( your laundry isnt' down there or only you do it for your household ) . try to work off a exterior wall where you can vent . You can have vents put into basement windows they make dryer vents that take 4-5 inch ducts you can taper down to hood size and which are unassuming to the neighbors . . Most people like to raise their plants off the floor using casters or dollies making them easy to move .

Good luck and you don't have to spend allot to grow more then what you need for yourself . The hard part is being healthy enough to grow . If you can't build the curtain dividers yourself you may be able to find someone to help they shouldnt' be that expensive a project if you like that concept .

IMO a grow tent that has it's zippers locked is an enclosed locked facility, It's no different than a closet and sure someone could cut in through a knife but they can also cut there way into chicken wire which has been deemed legal as long as it has a top or snip a lock, point is you need equipment to break into it. And if your still worried about it then screw it into the wall and it just became a closet.

I'm a fan of tents because there extremely efficient to channel cooling through, releftion is a definitely yield booster, light proof so you get perfect dark cycles and there movable when they need to be. I feel there much more safer then a closet as far as fire safety is concerned, that is unless you drill through your walls for ducting.

If your growroom is in your basement and the basement is locked I think it counts as an enclosed locked facility. As far as the temperature goes, there are variables that are always going to be different in everyone's basement. Depends on what the temp stays down there, humidity, etc. I'd just get a thermometer/hygrometer, fire the lights up and see what your temp and humidity measurements are. That will tell you what equipment you'll need.

Brodel, check out what I did in my basement, pics are in my gallery.

I was going to build a room but I have way to many pipes and random fixated objects (furnace, water heaters (duplex), water softer, etc) so I'm thinking I have to go with tents.

ONE LAST QUESTION to anyone who can help me..

I'm trying to make my shopping list for my room. And consider this: I will have one ventilation system sucking air from outside, through my tents. ALSO, I will have a separate venting system going through the hoods. I will be using raptors with the $269.99 hortilux 1000W bulbs, one per tent. My question is will this venting be enough for me not to worry about an ac in each tent, or what? I will be buying probably 4x4ft tents. And will a tent with two of the larger t5 lights be too hot if it is vented without ac? Thanks.. I have no clue what to expect and can only ask for help. Much appreciation to anyone who helps me out.

Archived