Ear Wax

Tweeks

I'm looking for someone who can help me make some Ear Wax hash.

I have just over a QP of weed (medical marijuana or Meds) from

my last harvest that I am to much a a "pot snob" to smoke.

I would like to change it into Ear Wax.

If anyone out there is in the Ferndale area can help and has a Card,

I would greatly appreciate it and compensate any way possible. PM me.

Thanks,

Tweeks

Mod corrected wording

I couldn't find any videos on it, but the basic idea as I understand it is once you have BHO you put it over a coffeepot heater or some other low-heat device and stir it until it becomes waxy. I'm pretty sure the ISO hash linked above is much different than wax. Sorry I cannot be of more help, but I have no experience in the matter. I know there are some good guides around, but I would hate to copy and paste a bad one here without knowing it, so I will refrain.

Thanks for all the help and video, very informative. Got it taken care of with great results!!!

Does anyone know who Mod is and why my wording was corrected of the word "weed" when it is littered through out the forum? Thought we were all adults here and didn't live in a Hillary Duff Public Service Announcement. I think my disease also allows me some slack with my verbiage of my Medical Marijuana or Marihuana :thumbsd:

It's not even marijuana or marihuana. We should all strike those evil words from our vocabulary. Those terms only perpetuate the hatred, racism & decades of bad juju associated with our sacred herb, cannabis.

Marijuana or marihuana will never be legal. Cannabis will be legal.

It's CANNABIS. But what do I know. :rock:

• 1 month later...

It's not even marijuana or marihuana. We should all strike those evil words from our vocabulary. Those terms only perpetuate the hatred, racism & decades of bad juju associated with our sacred herb, cannabis.

Marijuana or marihuana will never be legal. Cannabis will be legal.

It's CANNABIS. But what do I know. :rock:

:goodjob::thumbsu:

I can make wax consistently.

I use a two pipe design, so I can fire off two tubes packed with about 3/4 oz of trim in each. One can of butane for each tube. I repack the tubes and four tubes will yield about 1.5 grams of tan oil.

I place the oil in a glass container and place it under running hot water for 15 minutes.

I end up with a hard, waxy substance that flakes apart. You still want to air it out, chop it up, and let it 'cure' for a few days. you will notice by then, it has a darker color, and no chemical taste from butane being trapped in it.

Again, NEVER work with butane inside a house or enclosed building. Butane is THE most EXPLOSIVE gas you can play with, it is worst than natural gas or propane because butane requires a very low air/gas ratio for a nice big BOOOM! (acetylene is a similar gas with low air/gas ratio, guys will tell you how that goes BOOM just for nothing)

You can use cheaper butane than Vector 5x, any butane refined at least 3x, should not smell like propane or natural gas. The idea is to cure the wax so butane can dissipate.

DN

I can make wax consistently.

I use a two pipe design, so I can fire off two tubes packed with about 3/4 oz of trim in each. One can of butane for each tube. I repack the tubes and four tubes will yield about 1.5 grams of tan oil.

I place the oil in a glass container and place it under running hot water for 15 minutes.

I end up with a hard, waxy substance that flakes apart. You still want to air it out, chop it up, and let it 'cure' for a few days. you will notice by then, it has a darker color, and no chemical taste from butane being trapped in it.

Again, NEVER work with butane inside a house or enclosed building. Butane is THE most EXPLOSIVE gas you can play with, it is worst than natural gas or propane because butane requires a very low air/gas ratio for a nice big BOOOM! (acetylene is a similar gas with low air/gas ratio, guys will tell you how that goes BOOM just for nothing)

You can use cheaper butane than Vector 5x, any butane refined at least 3x, should not smell like propane or natural gas. The idea is to cure the wax so butane can dissipate.

DN

I was with you all the way till the end there DN. the 3x refined butane is garbage. I've found that 4x and 5x are where you need to be with consumables. 3x wax comes out darker and orangish and tastes VERY chemically. I won't use it.

my favorite butane is 4x Lucierene $28 a case(12)

I was with you all the way till the end there DN. the 3x refined butane is garbage. I've found that 4x and 5x are where you need to be with consumables. 3x wax comes out darker and orangish and tastes VERY chemically. I won't use it.

my favorite butane is 4x Lucierene $28 a case(12)

The darker color is likely the result of THC oxidizing.

I guess it is subjective, 3x or 4x? I am sure that when you check out my BHO, you will find an exception. I used to work in a lab so I know about chemicals. Its is not the butane, but cheaper butane cut with other gases - ie chinese stuff that smells bad. Butane itself is colorless and almost odorless. It is the cheap gases cut with other gases.

DN

Fasfill is a cheap 5x that I found was the same quality as Vector and a couple dollars cheaper by the case on ebay.

12- 10 oz cans were about $50 shipped and thats enough for a lot of oil.

I think that ear wax, budder, gold flake or whatever is all good, but it is important to focus on making bho. Given that bho needs to made safely, thats what I would focus on, because it is easy to make it safely. Purging it of butane after making bho isn't hard, just give it 100 degrees for 24 hours or let it sit in a sunny window for a few days.

It seems that the quality of the bud that goes into the butane is the the strongest factor determining quality of the end product. But, even a dark purged bho will rock your socks off. I find that bho purged of butane to last a lot longer than the bud that went into it and have a cleaner high. Also, I find the effects are more heady, making the bho seem more sativa leaning in its high than than the bud it came from.

This could be very good for some patients, but I find it very hard to sleep after smoking oils. But, I have mostly made oils out of sativa dominant or 50/50 indica sativa strains so far.

It is important to know that some strains and strains that having been curing for a long time sometimes cannot be made into ear war and they naturally come out a darker color and cannot be whipped up into anything else.

I would like to say, BE SAFE

Butane is very dangerous and lots of people have died or gotten burned alive from being stupid.

If you can't work safely outside, make iso or quick wash iso hash, its much safer. It doesn't taste as good, but its much cheaper, safer, and easier to make. But, the high is pretty much the same, so qwiso is very very good too.

I have tried repeatedly to make ear wax by heating & whipping honey oil, and I have never been able to do it. I can make some super good amber bho, but getting it to solidify is apparently beyond my capabilities. I've watched videos and followed instructions and I end up with oil every time. I always use 5x but I also spray some of the butane on a mirror and let it evaporate to check for impurities. Some butane will leave a yellow oily substance behind on the mirror. I don't know what it is, but I don't think it is something that should be smoked.

I have tried repeatedly to make ear wax by heating & whipping honey oil, and I have never been able to do it. I can make some super good amber bho, but getting it to solidify is apparently beyond my capabilities. I've watched videos and followed instructions and I end up with oil every time. I always use 5x but I also spray some of the butane on a mirror and let it evaporate to check for impurities. Some butane will leave a yellow oily substance behind on the mirror. I don't know what it is, but I don't think it is something that should be smoked.

sulphur. and it tastes like ____________!

DSCF1770.JPG

pretty sure I got my BHO technique down pat. This is basically wax/oil from a plant. You could do the same extraction for Rosemary oil, Lemon grass, etc. butane is not hydroscopic - you can watch a drop of water dance on the dish of extraction. To me, because it is not hydroscopic, it does not remove water based components of the plant, meaning the chlorophyll. To clean this oil or wax, you need to release the butane trapped in the oil/wax. Because you can chop up the wax, i believe making it into 'ear wax' helps release trapped butane. Oil, can hold trapped butane longer. I break up and then reform the wax to ensure I release the butane. After several days, the lighter color of the wax means to me that it has dried of any liquid. THC will turn dark brown as it is exposed to air and light, it is oxidation.

Enjoy the picture! I usually have some to 'display' at events. This is 100% Wonder Haze BHO, day 3

(eye lash hair in picture for scale! sorry!)

DN

I'm looking for someone who can help me make some Ear Wax hash.

I have just over a QP of weed (medical marijuana or Meds) from

my last harvest that I am to much a a "pot snob" to smoke.

I would like to change it into Ear Wax.

If anyone out there is in the Ferndale area can help and has a Card,

I would greatly appreciate it and compensate any way possible. PM me.

Thanks,

Tweeks

Mod corrected wording

Try sending a pm to a member on here, Digital Nomad

odd....um from all ive read....you take your bho....and Wait no thats not ear wax...bho is not ear wax.....or they would call it bho....just because you dry bho a bit doesnt make it ear wax....its not ear wax, its bho. Ive smoked bho, and ive smoked wax....bho isnt wax. Its not called wax for whatever was stated.... it looks like ear wax....and no ear wax doesnt sound like it comes from the street it sounds like it came from your ear......now bho sounds like some meth lab bunny muffin....just sayin

Archived