Chickened Out

scatter

Hi all, Although I'm just recently registered, I've been a reader of this forum for quite sometime. This spring, I decided I would like to be a caregiver to someone. I suffer chronic pain from two herniated disc, so I know what it's like to suffer. I don't use medical marijuana mainly because I have a Commercial Drivers License to protect. But after much reading in this forum, along with watching lawmakers try to butcher a good law because of their single-visioned, selfrightous ignorance, I've decided against it. And another problem I can see is patients. Most every patient who posts an ad looking for a caregiver, the very first requirement is "Free Meds" If you want "free" meds, grow them yourself. Or patients complaining their caregiver ran short on supply. And while I'm sure this happens frequently, if a caregiver is doing everything they know how to keep up but can't, it doesn't make all of them having trouble bad people. Don't get me wrong. I 100% believe in this cause. And it kills me watching lawmakers trying everything they can to disregard the choice of the voters. I'm in Darwin Booher's district and I'll be damned if he'll ever get a vote from me. Having decided to nix the idea, I have a lot of lighting and other equipment I want to sell. All unused and still in the package. I'm not going to use this forum as a classified ad. So if you might be interested in some good, unused equipment, please go to my ad in the lighting section and contact me if interested. I have reduced the price to $800.00. Thanks, and good luck fighting the good fight.

I get so much personnel satisfaction from my grow, and helping people/patients is a great feeling.

All caretakers have there way of doing things, I myself like my way, I give because I want to give, I also off some to help with costs.

In the model of caretaker/patient, I feel its my obligation to take care of my patients as I am growing THERE PLANTS.

Have a good day

Hi all, Although I'm just recently registered, I've been a reader of this forum for quite sometime. This spring, I decided I would like to be a caregiver to someone. I suffer chronic pain from two herniated disc, so I know what it's like to suffer. I don't use medical marijuana mainly because I have a Commercial Drivers License to protect. But after much reading in this forum, along with watching lawmakers try to butcher a good law because of their single-visioned, selfrightous ignorance, I've decided against it. And another problem I can see is patients. Most every patient who posts an ad looking for a caregiver, the very first requirement is "Free Meds" If you want "free" meds, grow them yourself. Or patients complaining their caregiver ran short on supply. And while I'm sure this happens frequently, if a caregiver is doing everything they know how to keep up but can't, it doesn't make all of them having trouble bad people. Don't get me wrong. I 100% believe in this cause. And it kills me watching lawmakers trying everything they can to disregard the choice of the voters. I'm in Darwin Booher's district and I'll be damned if he'll ever get a vote from me. Having decided to nix the idea, I have a lot of lighting and other equipment I want to sell. All unused and still in the package. I'm not going to use this forum as a classified ad. So if you might be interested in some good, unused equipment, please go to my ad in the lighting section and contact me if interested. I have reduced the price to $800.00. Thanks, and good luck fighting the good fight.

Nice first post bash Patients the law and then, try and sell something...Nice!

Too bad you arent allowed to use the medicine you desire because of the CDL.

You may feel differently if you were able to use. Be cause all the pros outweigh the cons,I may not say that if I wasnt able to have a garden for self consumption.If I was just going to be a caregiver and not partake,it wouldnt be worth it to me either,because I would lack the passion of this mighty herb.

I understand your frustration with the system,the people,the law. I've faced some of those demons,the law,CPS,and crazy donkey ppl that have turned on a dime on myself and others. But this herb has changed our lives for the better. Maybe when you give up driving you'll be able to investigate this God given herb.

Peace

I thought scatter was being sincere, not bashing patients or the law, just saying it like it is. Not all cg's can handle taking on a pt that needs free meds. Not all cg's can handle the hostile climate we're dealing with. Most people remember we're innocent till proven guilty. Scatter spent a lot investing in being a cg, then had second thoughts. That happened to someone I know, too. This site is very educational, it helps people decide if the risks are worth the investment and time. When I first came here I was curious how the law works, or how it's supposed to work, as I learned later, it doesn't work because it's never been properly implemented. Had you seen my first post, would you have accused me of being a leo? Hey, I get paranoid, too, but I'm shocked.

Sb

First, I'm not bashing patients. Believe me, I understand their physical pain, and that pain often causes emotional suffering as well. But let me ask you this, if you are a patient, how were you getting your meds before the law was passed? Was someone supplying you for free? Where's the difference. As a Caregiver, I would supply a patient with some free meds, especially overage. But a lot of people expect free stuff as a requirement to be someone's patient. Second, learn to read. I am in no way bashing this law. I believe in it 100%. It's a good law and a great idea. My problem is watching all the lawmakers destroy what should be a great law. I've been sitting on the fence watching all this unfold and seeing where it is headed. I think we all know what's happening, and it's not good. If lawmakers have their way, medical marijuana will no longer exist on the level it is now. Pharmaceutical companies will be controlling it. And in no way am I just pointing my finger at patients. I am very sure most of these patient/caregiver problems are very real. I bought my lighting equipment in the early spring. I even have two rooms framed in and ready to be finished. But I stopped when all the legal problems started, and I wanted to wait and see how the law is going to treat caregivers. And it doesn't look good. If I were providing for someone, I would probably ask to be compensated the same amount people have been selling to dispensaries and try to keep their cost down as much as possible. But by spending thousands of dollars, immense labor building grow rooms and the time and expense to properly grow good meds, you have to be compensated for your cost AND TIME. If you got busted with a couple of ounces, you're going to get slapped on the wrist. Me, my house is getting raided and I'm going to jail. Patients need to think about the big risk a caregiver is taking the next time they buy a bag. And I mentioned the equipment I have for sale because it is a damned good deal for someone wanting to get started as a caregiver or grow their own. Please learn to understand what you're reading before making stupid comments. And I would like to say that this website is a wealth of information. People here shoot it straight. I would love to be a caregiver. I just don't think for me personally the risk is worth it.

lol you havent been hear long if you thing Edwardglen says stupid things...hes a pilar of useful info

But I think your meaning was not understood well in your first thread. Most of us are hear for the compassion and love of our fellow man and plant :rolleyes:

You read what he wrote, how is that not an insult?

You read what he wrote, how is that not an insult?

it was uncalled for IMO,I didnt take what you said as a slam at all,I totally get where your coming from,pt's do not have to worry about,B&E like CG do,va-ca does not happen,lights going out on you on the holiday weekend:) etc. Thats why I would never become one,cuz Im just talking about what we go through,have gone through just to have OUR little garden patch,let alone be responsible for someone elses medicine,its not worth the stress for us,some ppl handle it just fine and my hat is off to them :thumbsu: . But like you hubby is too sick to be dealing with a patient and the hassles that can come form it.

I really do hope your able to use this medicine someday,just the growing and learning of this plant does wonders for the soul. Good luck

it was uncalled for IMO,I didnt take what you said as a slam at all,I totally get where your coming from,pt's do not have to worry about,B&E like CG do,va-ca does not happen,lights going out on you on the holiday weekend:) etc. Thats why I would never become one,cuz Im just talking about what we go through,have gone through just to have OUR little garden patch,let alone be responsible for someone elses medicine,its not worth the stress for us,some ppl handle it just fine and my hat is off to them :thumbsu: . But like you hubby is too sick to be dealing with a patient and the hassles that can come form it.

I really do hope your able to use this medicine someday,just the growing and learning of this plant does wonders for the soul. Good luck

Thank you, Wolfgang. I really would like to be a caregiver. And before I got my CDL, I was a frequent user. It's the best pain medication on the planet. And I really am not trying to rip on patients. But with the reading and research I've done [which has been quit extensive] patients can be pretty difficult. I would love to care for 1 or 2 patients. And I think that's very doable. But my first couple of harvest I know will be sub-par until I learn more about the plant. And I know that's not fair for the patient to wait a few months and end up with garbage. I truly believe in the cause. That is why I'm selling my equipment at a very fair price. I'm going to lose money on it, but maybe the price is good enough where someone who doesn't have a lot of money can afford it. Plus, besides my patient worries, I have two discs in my back that are completely ruptured. I don't even know if I could do the job. Please don't misunderstand me, I have no disrespect for anyone on this board. You all are fighting very hard for this cause, and you should be commended for it. I just got a little pissed when Edwardglen either didn't read my complete post, or doesn't understand how to read. He was wrong on every point he made. I think caregiver/patient can work. It's just going to be very difficult. Best of luck to everyone brave enought to do it.

I wouldnt give EG a second thought as to what he said. He posts an then goes away :rolleyes: The only way and I mean only way we would become CG is if it were for family,now that we are two years into this and know we can do it.but just starting out I would not recommend doing it for anyone other than yourself.Period.

I have seen patients become demanding,unruly,rude and unappreciative,oh and I've also seen them roll on their best friends.Now I know thats not always the case,(so someone can save the lectures),we are just not the makeup to be testing the waters,perhaps 20 yrs ago lol we could have:) But no drama for this mama. :sword:

So I totally get it,maybe you could still come to the rally and continue the letter writing though we need everyone to be that thorn in thier side.

I wouldnt give EG a second thought as to what he said. He posts an then goes away :rolleyes: The only way and I mean only way we would become CG is if it were for family,now that we are two years into this and know we can do it.but just starting out I would not recommend doing it for anyone other than yourself.Period.

I have seen patients become demanding,unruly,rude and unappreciative,oh and I've also seen them roll on their best friends.Now I know thats not always the case,(so someone can save the lectures),we are just not the makeup to be testing the waters,perhaps 20 yrs ago lol we could have:) But no drama for this mama. :sword:

So I totally get it,maybe you could still come to the rally and continue the letter writing though we need everyone to be that thorn in thier side.

I have, do, and continue to write letters to our AG, Governor, my POS senator Darwin Booher, and I have even written President Obama asking him to clarify his position. All for not. I think it's arrogant and presumptive for an elected official to choose how a person chooses to care for their health. Law abiding citizens are not out selling weed to 7th graders. Although I'm backing out, I still support this cause. In this world we have bankers ripping people off, babies being raped and killed and terrorist trying to kill us and the law wants to bust people for smoking weed in their basements. Just doesn't make any sense. I surely hope a lot of these people get get sacked come next election. Good luck guys.

I agree with ya Scatter,, The whole free thing has me all worked up LOL I have been a patient for over a year plus grow some for myself and never expected free and I hope to someday have some nice patients to help

I sure am sorry to stir so much up. Considering I'm not going to be a caregiver I really have no business making comments here. I just kinda wanted to tell how I see it. I know there are probably hundreds, if not thousands of CG/PT relationships that work great. I bought all my stuff with my tax return. I have two rooms framed in my basement, but not wired or anything else. But then medical marijuana started hitting the news headlines a lot. So I stopped and took a seat on the fence to see just what was going to happen. But the whole time I kept reading and researching any and all I could. I was shocked to hear some of the stories. Patients threatening caregivers and their families, turning them in to the authorities, and even filing complaints about the prices they were being charged. I understand this is probably a small minority in what otherwise is a great, caring and compassionate system. I didn't mean the "free meds" issue to be such a deal. I think if a caregiver has some extra, or just wants to thank his patient and help him a little, that's great. It's when patients think they have a right to free meds from the work,sacrifice and risk of a caregiver it's just greed. I think a good way to get rid of overages is for everyone who can donate it to people who have little, or no income. A lot of these patients who are crying for free meds were buying out of their pockets before the law came to be. Unless something has happened to them financially, if they could afford it then, they can afford it now. I guess it really comes down to whatever arraignments are made upfront between the two. I'm just saying for me personally, dealing with demanding patients, and the risk of the police raiding my home, plus worrying about thieves breaking into my home and endangering my family, not to mention I've got a hot temper myself, it's just not worth it. But God bless the people who are taking care of others. I guess I'm just a little to chicken.

You didn't intend to stir the pot (so to speak), and I could read quite plainly what you were getting at. Caregiving is not for everyone, there are some out there that shouldn't be doing it at all, but it is what it is. It is frustrating for patients and caregivers alike as we walk our path here, but, one day, we will look back on today's trials and tribulations and be proud of what we have accomplished, heck, I am proud of every person involved in this, and proud of what I have accomplished so far, but we still have a loooooong road ahead of us and need people like you to continue your letter writing and complaints to those in power. Keep up the good work, friend! Peace ... j.b.

You didn't intend to stir the pot (so to speak), and I could read quite plainly what you were getting at. Caregiving is not for everyone, there are some out there that shouldn't be doing it at all, but it is what it is. It is frustrating for patients and caregivers alike as we walk our path here, but, one day, we will look back on today's trials and tribulations and be proud of what we have accomplished, heck, I am proud of every person involved in this, and proud of what I have accomplished so far, but we still have a loooooong road ahead of us and need people like you to continue your letter writing and complaints to those in power. Keep up the good work, friend! Peace ... j.b.

:thumbsu:

:goodjob:

scatter, growing meds is not a good way to make money. I see you found out early before your actually grew any plants. Good for you, as you most likely would have to go through a learning curve while trying to grow decent meds. Most growers are not in it for money, but to grow and use their own, and maybe help fellow patients in need.

Let this be a lesson for the get rich quick crowd. Growing meds takes money, being compassionate cost you money. Buying equipment to start any business does not return instant profits. So if your not in it to help the sick and disabled your in the wrong game. $7 and hour at the stop and go would be better and safer.....shredder

Sometimes it takes stirring the pot for change to take place. I can only speak for myself as a patient/CG but I began to grow my own because I’m not made of money and don’t want to support CG’s who are in this for the wrong reason. Over the past couple of years I’ve gotten to know some true people with compassion for patients and others who are in it for the money. Think about if a plant produces 2.5 oz's at three or three and a quarter it could add up for individuals with multiple plants and patients.

Today there are many baby boomers and newbie’s who will go without med’s because they don’t have a reliable CG or dispensary to get meds. The only ones benefiting today are superficial government officials who want to change the laws to support their parties agenda of overturning our current laws that the people of Michigan voted for.

littleboy