Dea Issues 'final Order' Rejecting Cannabis For Fda-Approved Research

EdwardGlen

There is no adequate defense, except stupidity, against the impact of a new idea.

- Percy W. Bridgman

DEA Issues 'Final Order' Rejecting Private Production Of Cannabis For FDA-Approved Research

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=8672

September 1, 2011 - Washington, DC, USA

Washington, DC: The United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has issued its final order rejecting a 2007 ruling from the agency's own Administrative Law Judge that it would be 'in the public interest' to grant the University of Massachusetts a license to grow marijuana for federally regulated research.

The rejection preserves the monopoly held by US National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) on the supply of marijuana for Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-regulated research. In 2010, a spokesperson for the agency told the New York Times, "We generally do not fund research focused on the potential beneficial medical effects of marijuana."

In 2007, after extensive hearings, DEA Judge Mary Ellen Bittner opined in favor of allowing a researcher at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst legal permission to cultivate marijuana for use in FDA-approved clinical trials. She determined: "[T]here is currently an inadequate supply of marijuana available for research purposes. ... I therefore find that Respondent's registration to cultivate marijuana would be in the public interest."

DEA director Michele Leonhart initially set aside Judge Bittner's ruling in 2009.

The agency's ruling may be appealed in the First Circuit US Court of Appeals.

For more information, please contact Keith Stroup, NORML Legal Counsel, at (202) 483-5500, or visit the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) online at: http://www.maps.org/.

People have been talking about his big move to stay in... I think getting it off schedule 1, Would be the best move for him to stay... It will be the deciding factor, people that are for it will vote for him, he goes against us and he stands no chance at re-election!!

It needs to be taken off schedule 1, then all this other bs would go away.... He has that choice to take it off and should do so!!!

Just DO IT OBAMA!!!

Peace

Bethany

Older does not equal wiser in this situation. Eventually these "older" gentlemen will be relieved of their duties and will lose their seat, office and fade away. WE are beginning to usher them out in 2012. Some of these people will go to their graves believing they acted appropriately and in everyone's best interest. It's no one's fault they just can't see. They can not hear. They are too subscribed to how it's been spun for years. Pot is bad. Many will never open their minds...some just can not. Point is time is on OUR (my) side.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/d6zYNqLhFgs

Older does not equal wiser in this situation. Eventually these "older" gentlemen will be relieved of their duties and will lose their seat, office and fade away. WE are beginning to usher them out in 2012. Some of these people will go to their graves believing they acted appropriately and in everyone's best interest. It's no one's fault they just can't see. They can not hear. They are too subscribed to how it's been spun for years. Pot is bad. Many will never open their minds...some just can not. Point is time is on OUR (my) side.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/d6zYNqLhFgs

If you believe refer madness is a documentary, you just might be paranoid. You don't live in the real world.

Seek help.

If you believe refer madness is a documentary, you just might be paranoid. You don't live in the real world.

Seek help.

Huh? Refer madness was anti-MJ Propaganda: A trio of drug dealers lead innocent teenagers to become addicted to "reefer" cigarettes by holding wild parties with jazz music.

We all see it for what the garbage it was.

Why are you quoting me...I'm lost.

LOL It looks like your telling ME to seek help.

Huh? Refer madness was anti-MJ Propaganda: A trio of drug dealers lead innocent teenagers to become addicted to "reefer" cigarettes by holding wild parties with jazz music.

We all see it for what the garbage it was.

Why are you quoting me...I'm lost.

LOL It looks like your telling ME to seek help.

Looks that way, doesn't it?

Looks that way, doesn't it?

Lol yeah it does. Eventually the anti old guys will die off is all I was saying. Guess he meant to give me props at the top of the post after quoting me, or perhaps he saw the sentence "Pot is Bad". :blink: :blink: Someone maybe skimming rather than reading. It's all good.

Just couldn't get The Stones to embed tho :unsure:

Lol yeah it does. Eventually the anti old guys will die off is all I was saying. Guess he meant to give me props at the top of the post after quoting me, or perhaps he saw the sentence "Pot is Bad". :blink: :blink: Someone maybe skimming rather than reading. It's all good.

Just couldn't get The Stones to embed tho :unsure:

LOL .. love the internet ..

I was talking about the same people that you were.

Those that believe the propaganda the government has been spewing out the last few decades.

Paranoia is defined as an unreasonable fear. These folks have been coaxed into mental illness by our government.

It's all good. No worries as we are united for the same cause: patient rights and protection of the MMMA.

When this fight feels a little worst than it did the day before, we must take solace in the fact we are not alone. We have each other and our growing numbers and time are on our side. They've done the math, the anti constituency's median age is shooting upward as OUR Movement's numbers grow exponentially. As does American support for safe access as well as general legalization.

Archived