Blueberry Recommends Pt's Become Cg's

OK, I went to the state site, and it says if you check the box, you give Leo (and state employees) both your name and card number, iow your no longer anonymous, as they link name with number, rather than just number, i believe lein can check references by both name and number. Do you have different information? Shredder

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would be the rationale for any given patient, who is content taking care of themselves 100% without issue; to become a caregiver?

I understand the concept and structure, I am trying to grasp reason and motivation.

At the moment transfers between caregivers and their connected by state registry patients is the only state recognized legal way to transfer for recovery costs. Most anyone without a drug felony can be a caregiver for up to 5 patients. A circle of friends could all be connected to each other regardless if they grow or not. The circle could be as big as you want. You do not have to have control of the plants to be a caregiver......shredder

if you are self sufficient, and self supportive, their is none DT61. well i should say, it would then be a Moral choice of the Pt. If you have overages, do you donate them without renumeration (compensation)?

if you grow for yourself, only use your own, do not donate any of your overages, then again, the reason to do so would then be the moral reason of helping someone less fortunate, or perhaps at least no better off than you are.

if you use an oz a month, and harvest a plant per month, that yields an oz, all is right. if your plant yields 3 oz. you have 2 additional. do you keep it, toss it in the trash? give it to a Pt without the monetary abililty to pay (moral choice) or donate it for compensation?

If you have overages, and tend to donate for compensation, then becoming a CG would be imparative for you to remain legal per the recent CoA ruling.

so really, its only a Plus if you donate for renumeration. If you dontate for the good feeling of helping patients less fortunate, then your moral charecter is strong and runs deep. THESE people need to run for office in my opinion.

In my case I'm a small time grower and only flower a few varieties, being able to transfer gives me many more options than I could possibly grow. Right now I have five varieties and use all five. Relying on my grow alone is the way to go, sure. But variety is the spice of life.......Shredder

OK, I went to the state site, and it says if you check the box, you give Leo (and state employees) both your name and card number, iow your no longer anonymous, as they link name with number, rather than just number, i believe lein can check references by both name and number. Do you have different information? Shredder

Shredder,

This is exactly the issue with some of the new bills being proposed.

Currently all LEO can do is access the mdch database via your patient or caregiver # not your name. They enter the # in the LEIN system and it comes back w/ a good/bad and your name so they can verify you are legal or not. They can not just enter your name or a street #. If they could do that, there would not have been that big legal blow up by the DEA and US Attorney in the western part of the State where the DEA wanted to know if some suspects they had were or not card holders. You may recall Schuette caved and ordered MDCH to give up the names.

That is now! One of the Senate bills from Sen. Jones is designed to change the system to allow LEO to just enter your name or a random street # and see if a card is associated with it. These bills need to be opposed.

While the idea of the database being in the LEIN system sucks, the alternative sucks even more. If they had to contact MDCH to verify your card, MDCH is only available 9-5 Monday thru Friday. If LEO were to stop you and have to contact MDCH by phone, LEO would have no problem tossing you in jail until they could call MDCH in the morning, or whenever they get around to it.

For the life of me I cannot see this check box everyone is speaking of.

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-27417_51869_52139---,00.html

its not on the new LARA form

Section E: ATTESTATION, SIGNATURE, & DATE: (REQUIRED)

I understand that according to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, the department shall verify to law enforcement personnel whether my registry ID card is valid using my registration number only.

 By checking this box, I additionally authorize the release of my name and date of birth to law enforcement, to confirm identity, only if law enforcement has provided the Michigan Medical Marihuana Program with my valid registration number

By signing below, I attest that the information I have entered on this application is true and accurate:

__________________________________________________________________________ _____________________ Signature of Applicant/Patient Date

i just heard tonight that that box no longer exists on the new forms and participation is mandatory. i haven't verified it yet..

Once you are in an encounter with police, you are far from anonymous. The officer has your ID, other than your medical marijuana card, in his/her hand. If there is doubt of your identity, it only leads to bad places. Probably arrest, even if later your identity is verified and you're released. If you attempt to hide your identity, then you could be fined $500, per our law. My opinion is I would rather a sane approach be used to protect the information from shopping excursions, by making the data HIPPA compliant. This would require a Search warrant in order to query the database. It would prevent abuse and keep the innocent from going to jail or suspicion from being raised. 24 hour access should be maintained. Once the attention of law enforcement is on you in an encounter, and your saying you're a patient, you need to be able to expedite the process. Thanks, bb

Joe, I an not sure we are talking about the same thing.

The situation I was describing related to an encounter with LEO in which the issue is mj. There would be no other reason to inform LEO that you have a card. In that case you present your card and just like your D/L, LEO needs to verify that the card is legit. At this point, if I understand you correctly, LEO would need to detain you while he gets a search warrant prior to contacting a 24 hr hotline to MDCH/LARA instead of just querying the LEIN system. This would seem to extend the encounter.

Joe, I an not sure we are talking about the same thing.

The situation I was describing related to an encounter with LEO in which the issue is mj. There would be no other reason to inform LEO that you have a card. In that case you present your card and just like your D/L, LEO needs to verify that the card is legit. At this point, if I understand you correctly, LEO would need to detain you while he gets a search warrant prior to contacting a 24 hr hotline to MDCH/LARA instead of just querying the LEIN system. This would seem to extend the encounter.

Bethany mentioned a case over here in Northeast Michigan..

so a caregiver was heading to Standish area with 4 oz of meds for his patients.

he was pulled over and upon state police approaching his vehicle, the trooper stated i pulled you over for 4 mph over but i smell cannabis.

caregiver presented his card, and those for his patients. trooper left and went to car.

after several minutes he returned and stated:

i can't verify the authenticity of your card, you didn't check the box which allows me to verify your information and of course no one is answering at LARA. he confiscated the QP. and sent the caregiver on his way.

next day caregiver gets a call.

please come to state police post and retrieve your cannabis. they had verified his info finally and returned his medicine without incident, even apologizing and expressing concern for his patients not suffering through the process of verification.

with all the fake cards out there, i see why they need to verify your info is accurate and legit.

i would say defiantly check the box that allows them to verify it, but... because it is no longer an option, you will be entered into lein if you are a card holder and they can verify your information is legitimate.

This is more of the situation I was talking about, instead our card holder say forgets his card. The officer could then get consent from our patient/caregiver to query the database. If the person refuses, then the officer could get a roadside warrant from a magistrate to keep the pt/cg from facing charges. This would be a HIPPA compliant search of the records. What would be illegal would be a random search or pinging of the database. A log would be kept of all inquires and an audit performed to detect shopping. This procedure could also be used to avoid raids on MMJ pt/cg's homes. If you are in the cross hairs, the government needs and you need to have a plan to exit the situation.

Joe,

You must deal with a very different type of LEO than I have seen down here in Detroit.

If I read you correctly (see bold added to your post above), LEO has stopped the patient for whatever reason (speed, lights, etc) and for whatever reason (smell, visual, bowls, etc) mj becomes an issue. The patient/cg has been asked for his card and his answer is he forgot it at home. He then refuses to let LEO contact LARA/mdch about his status.

At this point I would expect LEO to haul him off to jail and let the patient/caregiver sort it out in person with a judge.

I have some added thoughts, but rather than go there at this time, I am curious if I have misunderstood your suggested roadside stop and LEO/patient interaction.

Esitmated. As a CG, you do not enroll a patient in your cg services. the Pt enrolls you as a CG for them. so the Pt must initiate the process of getting and naming a CG. not the other way around.

With that said, and after the current CoA ruling, i think finding a patient wouldnt be to hard. just keep in mind, taking on a pt is a large responsibility, and goes beyond just growing their meds to harvest in many cases. if i may suggest, tread forward with a clean soul and a clear concience. a good Cg can do alot more than just grow meds.

No the RANK images see how you are sporting the ADMIN image under your avatar? With my knowledge of forums and forum skinning etc you should be abale to add custom rank images Patients could rock these 98681095.png Doing this you can track it New member / Patients will have a Green cross on the image once hooked up with a CG they will be moved to Another group with a image with a BLUE cross this meaning "This patient HAS a CG" THis way you can Track Member that DO and Donot have a CG

Patient With a Caregiver Has this Rank 98681095.png

Patient Without a Caregiver Has this Rank 12700473.png

Caregiver Has This Rank 25322760.png

Add a new Question in the profile area

Are you a Patient?

Are You A Caregiver ?

Do You Have a Caregiver ?

Make these fields Mandatory to fill In Upon Registration

I can be great help with this website I have been doing this stuff for YEARS I know Vbulletin IPB Joomla wordpress PHP nuke Nuke Evolution and many more...

MY past references http://nukedesign.deviantart.com/

No the RANK images see how you are sporting the ADMIN image under your avatar? With my knowledge of forums and forum skinning etc you should be abale to add custom rank images Patients could rock these 98681095.png Doing this you can track it New member / Patients will have a Green cross on the image once hooked up with a CG they will be moved to Another group with a image with a BLUE cross this meaning "This patient HAS a CG" THis way you can Track Member that DO and Donot have a CG

Or just go with the patient/caregiver. I could see pm's now, Soooooo, you got a green cross, you interested?

Or one color = I am looking for a caregiver and the other color means I am not/leave me alone..

Patient With a Caregiver Has this Rank 98681095.png

Patient Without a Caregiver Has this Rank 12700473.png

Caregiver Has This Rank 25322760.png

Add a new Question in the profile area

Are you a Patient?

Are You A Caregiver ?

Do You Have a Caregiver ?

Make these fields Mandatory to fill In Upon Registration

No to the mandatory, HIPAA violation to make it mandatory to disclose any medical information including something as simple as a "status."

Archived