I Think Light Burned Out

apollo48060

Easiest thing to do is try a confirmed working lamp. Or a new one from the store. If they both do the same thing you could have a bad ballast or you could have a incoming voltage problem. Right now a lot of the Detroit area is having problems with low voltage due to downed lines. Most electrical devices seem to work fine but a HID ballast won't fire properly with out the right incoming voltage. If you have a voltage tester simply check and see where it's at.

check bulb no visible cracks black around socket end about 1/4 way up bulb , ballast is a digital lumatex bought brand new in april not hearing or feeling anything? it has 2 reset buttons neither are poped

If this is true you have found the problem ! Bulb should be clear from tip to socket. You need a new bulb, for two reasons: #1 always keep a replacement bulb, if possible, for just such 'emergencies'. #2 Your bulb sounds like it is kaput ... Take it to your gro-store, they'll check it out. I got at least 4 free bulbs from the Gro-Sho 'cause they have a year guarantee on everything in the store.

If this is true you have found the problem ! Bulb should be clear from tip to socket. You need a new bulb, for two reasons: #1 always keep a replacement bulb, if possible, for just such 'emergencies'. #2 Your bulb sounds like it is kaput ... Take it to your gro-store, they'll check it out. I got at least 4 free bulbs from the Gro-Sho 'cause they have a year guarantee on everything in the store.

ya stupid on my part

No it starts for a minute then shuts down that all

My experience is a bulb either works, or it doesn't.

My experience is a ballast may work intermittently if there is a problem.

I have no experience in mixing digital ballasts with bulbs that won't work properly with them however.

What brand of bulb are you running in your digital ballast? If bought in April, that bulb is nearing it's six month mark, a time when some brand bulbs like to fail on digital ballasts due to the repeated higher voltage strike at startup.

Either way, you should be within warranty on both pieces of equipment if bought new.

check bulb no visible cracks black around socket end about 1/4 way up bulb , ballast is a digital lumatex bought brand new in april not hearing or feeling anything? it has 2 reset buttons neither are poped

It almost has to be the ballast. I've never seen a bulb fail like that with a digital or magnetic for that matter.

Archived